[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

Just now, Flashblade said:

Yeah it is blowfish, but it now contains a need dependency for CommunityTechTree. Have you inserted this? I don't remember including it.

It only activates if CTT is not there (to avoid creating a duplicate node).

33 minutes ago, blowfish said:

That should be it, is it not working?  If not, could you post your log and module manager config cache?  (log is called output_log.txt in KSP_Data in your KSP root folder, the config cache is ModuleManager.configcache in GameData).

Ok so I couldn't find modulemanager.configcache, so I figured that would make sure I had the most up to date version of modulemanager, I updated from 2.6.20 to 2.6.23, Problem solved, the entire community tech tree showed up too (I got it while I was trying to fix this myself) and it is mostly empty, but that's ok. I have the HX parts available now, and I probably wouldn't have done it in a timely manner without your help so thank you :) B9 is one of my favorite mods, I just wanted you to know that I really appreciate your work.

Edited by Jumberlack
I worded something stupidly the first time.

41 minutes ago, Jumberlack said:

Ok so I couldn't find modulemanager.configcache, so I figured that would make sure I had the most up to date version of modulemanager, I updated from 2.6.20 to 2.6.23, Problem solved, the entire community tech tree showed up too (I got it while I was trying to fix this myself) and it is mostly empty, but that's ok. I have the HX parts available now, and I probably wouldn't have done it in a timely manner without your help so thank you :) B9 is one of my favorite mods, I just wanted you to know that I really appreciate your work.

Good to see that's resolved.  Using MM 2.6.23 means that you are on KSP 1.1, so things are likely to not work unless you have carefully downloaded and installed various dependencies - I would say only do so if you really know what you're doing.

Also, forgot to say welcome to the forums :D

now that tweakscale has been updated for 1.1, does that put B9 one step closer to a 1.1 update as well?  I'm hoping so at least, I've loved this mod since I found it in 0.23.5 or so and I can't wait to build Large Things with B9 + Unity5 :)

22 minutes ago, rough93 said:

I'm having a problem with loading the game, every time I load, the games loading hangs on certain parts within B9, I need the parts so I can't delete them and I have no idea what to do. Any suggestions?

Make sure you're on KSP 1.0.5 and that all your dependencies are the latest for KSP 1.0.5.  If it's none of that, upload your log - instructions on where to find it are in the first link in my signature.

2 hours ago, rough93 said:

I'm having a problem with loading the game, every time I load, the games loading hangs on certain parts within B9, I need the parts so I can't delete them and I have no idea what to do. Any suggestions?

If your playing 1.1, your likely going to have to revert back to 1.0.5, or wait for the mod to update so that you can use the parts. 

B9 Aerospace 6.1 for KSP 1.1 is now Available

Changes

• Updated for KSP 1.1
  • Get rid of KM_Gimbal, as most important functionality is now stock and it will not be maintained
  • Fix smoke effects
  • Increase response speed on some thermal anims
  • Move landing gear to broken, since they are broken (no way to fix them without the source files, plus they were already legacy)
  • Adjust cockpit thermals to be more in-line with stock (thanks flashblade)
  • Add tags, thanks sparkybear for the hard work

Known issues

• TweakScale does not work with the part switcher
  • Some MFD screens have some issues

CKAN should index in an hour or two.  I will send a PM to bac9 to update the OP, hopefully that will get through.

It should be safe to run on Win64 versions of KSP now, they seem mostly stable in 1.1.

Big thanks to @sparkybear for doing most of the work with the tags.  It's a lot of info so it's possible there are still some tweaks to be made, if parts are not showing up where they should/are showing up where they shouldn't (when searching), please let me know.

Edited by blowfish

I performed a search in the topic without any results,so I hope it's okay if I ask it here (I also downloaded the HX pack and read the readme, and did not see any description that answered my question). My question is what exactly are the HX and Legacy parts? In the OP Blowfish mentions that the HX modules are seperate from the core download as a result of a seperate set of dependencies, and I was wondering what these dependencies are. And I'm assuming that the "Legacy" pack is exactly what it sounds like: a set of the original parts that constituted outdated versions of the mod... am I right to assume this?

2 minutes ago, fallout2077 said:

I performed a search in the topic without any results,so I hope it's okay if I ask it here (I also downloaded the HX pack and read the readme, and did not see any description that answered my question). My question is what exactly are the HX and Legacy parts? In the OP Blowfish mentions that the HX modules are seperate from the core download as a result of a seperate set of dependencies, and I was wondering what these dependencies are. And I'm assuming that the "Legacy" pack is exactly what it sounds like: a set of the original parts that constituted outdated versions of the mod... am I right to assume this?

The HX parts are the big blocky parts you see in some screenshots.  Legacy is yeah, older parts that have better equivalents now, either inside B9 or in another mod (Mk1/2 parts have been replaced in B9, wings you can get procedurals)

8 hours ago, blowfish said:

The HX parts are the big blocky parts you see in some screenshots.  Legacy is yeah, older parts that have better equivalents now, either inside B9 or in another mod (Mk1/2 parts have been replaced in B9, wings you can get procedurals)

Ahh, okay... do the HX parts still require seperate dependencies to download, or have those since been packaged with the mod? Thank you for the quick and informative reply, Blowfish, and thank you for the stunning mod!

And by the way, Blowfish, not sure if you're just not finished updating the OP with the B9 1.1 details, but the Github link in the OP still links to B9 6.0.0.

Edited by fallout2077

1 hour ago, Torih said:

Not sure if its just ckan being slow, but its only showing the Legacy and Props downloads. No core or HX downloads.

Thats because one of the B9 Dependencies (B9 Animation Module) is registered with 1.0.5 compatibility on CKAN. And as long as not all dependencies are fullfilled, CKAN will not show the new B9 Version. But nothing stopping you from installing manually and letting CKAN take over whenever this is fixed :) 

3 minutes ago, Galile0 said:

Thats because one of the B9 Dependencies (B9 Animation Module) is registered with 1.0.5 compatibility on CKAN. And as long as not all dependencies are fullfilled, CKAN will not show the new B9 Version. But nothing stopping you from installing manually and letting CKAN take over whenever this is fixed :) 

...except that CKAN will refuse to auto-update a manually-installed mod, of course.

Which is fine, but what I'm saying is that you'll need to keep an eye on CKAN to remove the manual install so as to CKAN-install it, and thereby get auto-updates.

I'm just happy this mod is ready to use again.  A huge thank you to everyone who works on this project and keeps it alive.  You guys do amazing work that is certainly worth the wait when a new update comes out.  Now it's time to go crash some more beautiful spaceplane prototypes. :-D

38 minutes ago, DespairingSquid said:

Thanks, front page needs updating I guess

The OP can only be updated by @bac9 who is currently enjoying a much deserved rest in hyper sleep.

@blowfish I wonder if it might be worthwhile to make a new thread? Say a "caretaker" release thread. A lot of people seem to have issues finding the link in your signature.

Edited by V8jester