[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

2 minutes ago, blowfish said:

There's really not much to it - it just uses the stock UI_ChooseOption to display the part switching sliders.  The relevant file is here, but if you're trying to understand it, you're probably better off just reading this post:

Thanks for linking that. Right now I'm trying to tweak TweakScale (ba-dum tss) so that it can work on 1.1. But I think pellinor0 might have to do it, depends on how TweakScale decides how to make the sliders based on the parts.

Edited by FireFaced

57 minutes ago, FireFaced said:

Thanks for linking that. Right now I'm trying to tweak TweakScale (ba-dum tss) so that it can work on 1.1. But I think pellinor0 might have to do it, depends on how TweakScale decides how to make the sliders based on the parts.

Probably not the exact UI control you want to use with TweakScale, but I've never really looked at TweakScale's code before.

21 hours ago, FireFaced said:

I don't have Steam access, but there is a recompile by emerald (switching the Tweakable UI_ScaleEdit to the stock version):
https://github.com/emerald79/TweakScale

Feedback so far is that the basic functionality works but engine thrust scaling is broken.

Game won't get past loading screen. Doesn't actually crashes, just freezes and stops loading for eternity

Game loads fine after i remove the three b9 folders in game data

An InvalidOperationException pops when compiling b9 aerospace parts

Here's my gamedata. Running version 1.0.5. Checked my mods, all are updated for 1.0.5

iAvGzQ4.png

KSP.log file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/69to2h08bus8qzj/KSP.log?dl=0

39 minutes ago, stempanerd said:

Game won't get past loading screen. Doesn't actually crashes, just freezes and stops loading for eternity

Game loads fine after i remove the three b9 folders in game data

Here's my gamedata. Running version 1.0.5. Checked my mods, all are updated for 1.0.5

iAvGzQ4.png

KSP.log file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/69to2h08bus8qzj/KSP.log?dl=0

Thanks for the detailed support request :)  ModuleManager 2.6.21 is for KSP 1.1.  You should get 2.6.20 or earlier.

hey I've got a problem with my B9 parts; I've made a lander using tweakscale and rectangular big parts and structural hollow won't attach to lqdf-ox tank (always rectangular). in fact it can attach in the vab but they fly like if there wasn't gravity on the vehicle testing thing. please help me :'(

26 minutes ago, Tomato29 said:

hey I've got a problem with my B9 parts; I've made a lander using tweakscale and rectangular big parts and structural hollow won't attach to lqdf-ox tank (always rectangular). in fact it can attach in the vab but they fly like if there wasn't gravity on the vehicle testing thing. please help me :'(

Do you have a switchable part as your root part?  If so, use a different part as the root - there's a bug that causes various exceptions when that happens (fix will be released with the 1.1 version).

15 minutes ago, Tomato29 said:

root part? the part that holds every other? yes it is, it's a lfo tanks that can switch to capacitor, structural part, monopropellant tank. I'll try to change, thanks for the reply :)

The root part is the first part you place in the editor (unless you use the select root tool to change it).  But it sounds like that's the issue ... let me know if it ends up being something else.

Just now, blowfish said:

The root part is the first part you place in the editor (unless you use the select root tool to change it).  But it sounds like that's the issue ... let me know if it ends up being something else.

yep I tested, it was the problem, thanks for resolving my problem and making possible my future landing on laythe ;)

On 4/11/2016 at 1:26 AM, blowfish said:

Thanks for the detailed support request :)  ModuleManager 2.6.21 is for KSP 1.1.  You should get 2.6.20 or earlier.

Here's my gamedata 

iAvGzQ4.png

Ohhhh. Thanks! That solved it :)

1 hour ago, imbakesirl said:

Whenever I try to run the game, it displays the normal loading screen, but it's only a small yellow bar that doesn't progress. I installed the GameData folder just as I should have.

Hello and welcome to the forums!

Please find and upload your output logs - instructions on how to find the log can be found in the first link in my signature.  Upload to something like Google Drive or Dropbox, share, and post the link.  The logs can usually reveal errors like this pretty quickly.

1 hour ago, imbakesirl said:

Whenever I try to run the game, it displays the normal loading screen, but it's only a small yellow bar that doesn't progress. I installed the GameData folder just as I should have.

It is quite possible you ran out of memory. x86 (32bit) verions of 1.05 can on address up to 3.5GB of rem and still run the game. B9 is a asset intense mod and requires a good chuck of RAM. 1.1 of Kerbal Space Program is just on the horrizon, so in the meantime try to reduce the amount of mods you are using until then.

On 4/15/2016 at 10:50 AM, imbakesirl said:

Also, if the bar is stuck but the loading screen still scrolls through its messages, check to see if your Module Manager is for the correct version.  I had the same problem when I (for some strange reason) had multiple versions of ModManager installed.  The loading bar would freeze but the messages would keep changing like nothing was wrong.

Hi,

I have a problem with my B9 Aerospace.  I recently purged a bunch of unnecessary mods I didn't need that were just making me lag, and I guess I might've deleted B9 Aerospace.  The problem is, I redownloaded it, merged the file with the gamedata file, and then I suddenly don't have most of the wings.  Only a couple of wingtip parts show up.  All of the other parts from the mods like the cockpits are there.  Please help me with my problem.

12 minutes ago, TwinKerbal said:

Hi,

I have a problem with my B9 Aerospace.  I recently purged a bunch of unnecessary mods I didn't need that were just making me lag, and I guess I might've deleted B9 Aerospace.  The problem is, I redownloaded it, merged the file with the gamedata file, and then I suddenly don't have most of the wings.  Only a couple of wingtip parts show up.  All of the other parts from the mods like the cockpits are there.  Please help me with my problem.

All the fixed wings have been in the legacy pack for quite a while now.  It can be downloaded from the same location as the main pack.  Not sure what "wingtips" you're talking about.  Note that the procedural wings are a separate mod with a separate thread.

23 hours ago, blowfish said:

All the fixed wings have been in the legacy pack for quite a while now.  It can be downloaded from the same location as the main pack.  Not sure what "wingtips" you're talking about.  Note that the procedural wings are a separate mod with a separate thread.

Ok.  Thank you for clarifying.  On a completely different note, is it possible to download the legacy pack without having two cockpit copies in the build screen?

46 minutes ago, TwinKerbal said:

Ok.  Thank you for clarifying.  On a completely different note, is it possible to download the legacy pack without having two cockpit copies in the build screen?

There should not be any duplicate parts.  The core pack contains two variants of the new Mk2 styled cockpit, one with an intake and one without.  The legacy pack contains one in the old style (this one has a 1.25m node at the front).

Hi, sorry for annoying you with my problems with B9 parts but something really weird happens to me with my lander made with rescaled B9 parts; if he goes up to 6000 meters on earth everything explodes and if I use hyperedit to put it in orbit as soon as I time warp the game everything explodes like before. does anybody had this issue? and do someone knows how to get rid of that issue?