[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

4 hours ago, Darael said:

Is anybody else having trouble with the 4x1.25m S2W engine mount?  I'm finding it doesn't voxelise properly, or something - my cross-sectional area curve has a huge dip in it anywhere I include one.  Actually, having done a touch more testing while writing this, all the S2W engine mounts (4x1.25m, 2x2.5m, 3.5m) seem to count for significantly less cross-sectional area than either the S2W fuselage or the S2 tail section, despite being visually slightly larger than the former and significantly larger than the latter.  It's most pronounced with the 4x1.25m though.

Looks like the colliders are not set up the way FAR expects them.  I can just fix this by forcing FAR to use the visible meshes.  Have you noticed oddities in any other parts?

39 minutes ago, blowfish said:

Looks like the colliders are not set up the way FAR expects them.  I can just fix this by forcing FAR to use the visible meshes.  Have you noticed oddities in any other parts?

No, just the S2W engine mounts, but I will freely admit to not having looked terribly hard.

On 5/1/2016 at 9:56 PM, Flakorama said:

@blowfish It works now! I did a clean reinstall and strangely enough the issue is gone now.

I reinstalled and everything works properly now. No idea why but thanks for the help anyways.

UPDATE: I was wrong everything doesn't work properly. Getting crashes in vab and hanger.

Edited by kickning

53 minutes ago, kickning said:

UPDATE: I was wrong everything doesn't work properly. Getting crashes in vab and hanger.

Please read "How to get support" in my signature.  There's no way I, or anyone else, can help you without a lot more information.

Edited by blowfish

5 hours ago, kickning said:

I reinstalled and everything works properly now. No idea why but thanks for the help anyways.

@kickning I downclocked my GPU with Afterburner and the issue appears to be gone. That worked for me. The downside is I have to launch Afterburner and tweak it manually every time before I start a KSP session. I hope the address this issue in the next release.

On 5/3/2016 at 9:16 PM, Torih said:

Thanks for working on it :) If you need some testing doing let me know once you get chance to update the configs.

Also I only checked the cockpits, so not sure if the other parts are affected also.

When the next B9 update goes out, any NullReferenceExceptions pointing to DRE's ModuleHeatShield should be gone. That was ancient stuff and has been updated to use current DRE modules. That said, once it's available, we could use feedback/adjustments for how the parts actually perform with DRE. In particular, paying attention to how B9 engines perform would be helpful. I haven't really tested it, and I don't have plans to do so.

This goes for any other DRE and B9 users. If you are familiar with config files and DRE and you'd like to make pull requests for adjustments after this next update goes out, please feel free to contribute.

Edited by danfarnsy

And on that note, Version 6.1.1 is now Available

Includes RPM and DRE fixes by danfarnsy and a fix for the FAR voxelization.  Bundled dependencies have all been updated, and version files now point to KSP 1.1.2.

The DRE fixes are somewhat WIP, so for anyone using DRE I encourage you to test and report feedback (or better yet, submit fixes if you know how).

CKAN should probably pick this up in a few hours, unless I completely messed up like I did last time.

blowfish, another bug of 6.1 found: the fuel management became innacurate.

S2W Wide Intake Adapter now counts in multiplies of 496 fuel units.

And the SW Wide Universal 2x2,5m changes in multiplies of 750 (!) units only, weighting roughly 4 ton. Yeah, a four ton difference.

A lovely SSTO cannot reach the orbit anymore.

Havent checked 6.1.1 yet.

@_Astra_ Could you be a bit more specific?  What do you mean "counts in multiples of xxx units" ?  I have no way of controlling the increments on resource adjustment (that's stock), only the max amount.

8 minutes ago, _Astra_ said:

I had - and still have - smaller steps in 1.0.5, perhaps 32 units of fuel or so per large tank.

Yeah, they changed the way the GUI things work in 1.1.  Nothing I can do about it, sorry.

21 hours ago, OzfurAtlas said:

could we please have this on spacedock. It's basically a new kerbal stuff

Missed this.  I know Github throttles downloads a bit but other than that what's the benefit of having a mirror?

I just wanted to thank you for the hard work that has gone into this mod. I just finished my latest cinematic and this mod was crucial in its creation. Thank you for helping my creative visions come together better than I initially imagined.

7 hours ago, blowfish said:

Missed this.  I know Github throttles downloads a bit but other than that what's the benefit of having a mirror?

Redundancy and backup incase the of the primary repository. Also alternate locations to support different bandwidths.

Installation instruction for the legacy mod pleases (the landing gear is missing when I just drop it in the game data I'm going to remove all the legacy parts when I get my old crafts working)

The gear is gone, possibly for good.  Like all landing gear, they broke rather badly in 1.1, and I don't have the means to fix them. If you want to save older craft files then get the gear folder from a previous version of B9 and drop it in the legacy parts folder.

3 hours ago, blowfish said:

The gear is gone, possibly for good.  Like all landing gear, they broke rather badly in 1.1, and I don't have the means to fix them. If you want to save older craft files then get the gear folder from a previous version of B9 and drop it in the legacy parts folder.

Well, with BD armory having so much attention lately. Hopefully @BahamutoD will find the time (hard for all of us to really find any extra time these days :P ) to have a look at Adjustable Landing Gear. Once that's updated. There really won't be much of a need to rebuild the B9 gear. As ALG looks the same with aditional features. Not too belittle Bac9 and his gear. Just a thought.

3 hours ago, blowfish said:

Just like anything with wheels, the rigging is completely different in 1.1 you can always try the ignore wheel colider tag but I think the transforms have to be renamed etc.

11 minutes ago, Eskandare said:

Just like anything with wheels, the rigging is completely different in 1.1 you can always try the ignore wheel colider tag but I think the transforms have to be renamed etc.

Yeah.  I also don't have access to the source files.

12 minutes ago, Eskandare said:

With stuff I've had permission to edit and work on I've been able to reverse engineer the model using the MU importer for blender.

I can certainly do that, but I'd have to re-apply textures, re-do smoothing, fix the colliders, etc, on top of figuring out the new wheel setup (and I never took the time to understand the old one) ... and that's all on some parts that are legacy anyway.  It seems like a lot more effort than it's worth.