[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

On 6.6.2016 at 6:33 PM, blowfish said:

Hi Ranger.  Please read "how to get support" in my signature.  It will guide you through troubleshooting and if that fails, uploading KSP's log so that I can inspect it.

i have some problems too. loading is stuck on part 'B9_Aerospace/Parts/Adapter_M1/Adapter_SM1/B9_Adapter_SM1'
it doesn't matter if using 32bit or 64bit
fresh installed KSP with only B9 (6.1.1. + HX 6.1.1).
i've tried it with your bundled MM 2.6.24 and the newer MM 2.6.25

log: http://www.umluex.at/data/KSP.zip

thank you!

EDIT: disregard that, i just saw that it installed KSP 1.1??? don't know why.. (Steam version)

i will try to reinstall and try again!

EDIT2: after deleting everything and reinstalling the whole game (again.. what's wrong with steam these days...) it is working now!

Edited by Umlüx

@Umlüx Glad to hear your issues are resolved.  As a general tip, I'd recommend not modding your Steam install.  Steam's automatic updates can cause a lot of confusion with regards to KSP versions and can potentially break a lot of mods.  It's usually a good idea to copy KSP somewhere else (generally somewhere not in Program Files) and mod there.

In your case, maybe you were still opted into the prerelease beta?  That would have prevented Steam from installing 1.1 final and any other release versions.

hey,

nice mod but since my creation ideas are limited,  i need to ask this now ..

any1 have this http://i.imgur.com/dVQGewk.jpg for me?? and also wich mods are used if others are used too. i want this 4 arm nice dock .. its looking awsome and would be the perfect start for my first spacestation arround kerbin and for later use to other planets :D

1 hour ago, Dk115115 said:

Having trouble closing the s2 wide body cargo bay, right clicking on the bay and the action tab does not give option to open/close cargo bay doors. Is there any way of fixing this? 

Welcome to the forums!  It looks fine to me so please read "how to get support" in my signature.  If none of the troubleshooting steps in there help, it will tell you how to upload your logs - if I can inspect those I can probably see what's wrong on your end.

12 hours ago, blowfish said:

Welcome to the forums!  It looks fine to me so please read "how to get support" in my signature.  If none of the troubleshooting steps in there help, it will tell you how to upload your logs - if I can inspect those I can probably see what's wrong on your end.

Im new to PC gaming so i'm not completely 100% on everything myself yet but from what i can tell i think i have installed everything correctly        https://www.dropbox.com/s/x2uqq6zwgrv1325/output_log.txt?dl=0 

Update:

Deleted all mods and re-installed ensuring everything was put where it should be, but after running the game a few of my saved ships are now locked due to parts being missing but there are no missing mods

Edited by Dk115115
Update

7 hours ago, Dk115115 said:

Im new to PC gaming so i'm not completely 100% on everything myself yet but from what i can tell i think i have installed everything correctly        https://www.dropbox.com/s/x2uqq6zwgrv1325/output_log.txt?dl=0 

Update:

Deleted all mods and re-installed ensuring everything was put where it should be, but after running the game a few of my saved ships are now locked due to parts being missing but there are no missing mods

Well, looking at your previous log there were definitely some things installed incorrectly, so a fresh install is probably a good idea anyway.  The dialogue will tell you the names of the parts that are missing, so you can usually infer what mod you forgot based on that,

I just upgraded b9 part switch from 1.3.1 to 1.4.0 via ckan. The upgrade causes ship blowup as soon as I switch to them. Downgrade to 1.3.1 fixes the problem.

Below are links to two logs, one for version 1.3.1 and the other to 1.4.0. In both cases I load the last save, go to tracking station, and switch to the same ship.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jxarpl55l581fhg/output_log_working.txt?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1krsfgu7cb60r9y/output_log_broken.txt?dl=0

33 minutes ago, itwtx said:

I just upgraded b9 part switch from 1.3.1 to 1.4.0 via ckan. The upgrade causes ship blowup as soon as I switch to them. Downgrade to 1.3.1 fixes the problem.

Below are links to two logs, one for version 1.3.1 and the other to 1.4.0. In both cases I load the last save, go to tracking station, and switch to the same ship.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jxarpl55l581fhg/output_log_working.txt?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1krsfgu7cb60r9y/output_log_broken.txt?dl=0

Could you try getting v1.4.1?  There was a rather serious bug in v1.4.0 regarding setting the part's maxTemp to something it shouldn't have been.  It should be available on CKAN in a few hours (or just install manually)

Also B9PartSwitch has its own thread now.  You can bring up any B9PartSwitch specific issues there.

1 hour ago, blowfish said:

Well, looking at your previous log there were definitely some things installed incorrectly, so a fresh install is probably a good idea anyway.  The dialogue will tell you the names of the parts that are missing, so you can usually infer what mod you forgot based on that,

Don't know why i didn't send this to start with. Here is the log after reinstalling everything and a few twice. The missing parts problem is fixed but the cargo bays still wont close.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x2uqq6zwgrv1325/output_log.txt?dl=0

3 hours ago, blowfish said:

Could you try getting v1.4.1?  There was a rather serious bug in v1.4.0 regarding setting the part's maxTemp to something it shouldn't have been.

1.4.1 does fix the issue. Thanks a lot.

2 hours ago, Dk115115 said:

Don't know why i didn't send this to start with. Here is the log after reinstalling everything and a few twice. The missing parts problem is fixed but the cargo bays still wont close.

Well it looks like the configs you have are quite old.  Try completely deleting GameData/B9_Aerospace and reinstalling it from a fresh download.  You also might want to reinstall the dependencies, because I see that some aren't being loaded correctly (Firespitter, B9AnimationModules, RPM).

Also not an issue per se, but there appears to be a __MACOSX folder in GameData that has a lot of bogus files in it and is causing a lot of spam in the log.  How did you even get something like that if you're on Windows?

I would like to start by saying great part mod. I really love the mk2 parts you have added.

That brings me to a request. I only use the mk2 parts (your newest ones) and I was wondering if you could separate them out into a stand alone part pack. I have tried to take your original parts and remove the HL series and other parts but it is not working well (I'm no moder). Please

27 minutes ago, Steel Dragon said:

I would like to start by saying great part mod. I really love the mk2 parts you have added.

That brings me to a request. I only use the mk2 parts (your newest ones) and I was wondering if you could separate them out into a stand alone part pack. I have tried to take your original parts and remove the HL series and other parts but it is not working well (I'm no moder). Please

You should be able to remove other stuff pretty easily.  Every folder in GameData/B9_Aerospace/Parts can be removed individually without affecting the others.

Hey @blowfish!

Thanks for the B9PartSwitch. I was raging for a long time trying to have my B9 HX Superstructures to work. They usually bug out from some kind of collision issue. More serious was the root problem that I had to deal with by rebuilding with the non-B9 root part.

Regarding the HX parts, I'd like to suggest longer versions of most of them. They tend to take up a lot of part count when making ships, especially HX4's. Maybe even a B9PartSwitch that switches between standard/longer/shorter. That should save a lot RAM in the long run of massive structures.

Also, I'm sure some have had this issue as I suspect is a stock problem. Most times, HX parts tend to bug out to what I assume is collision? The parts glitch into each other and flies all over the place. I also encounter this when having Squad wings in 8x symmetry, and it goes nuts like Total War: Romes's unit collision script.

Edited by Supergamervictor

@Supergamervictor As another member of the B9 team let me answer this. This mod is exclusively in maintanance mode. The mod doesn't have any creative staff so there won't be any new parts or IVAs or anything along those lines in the future. Well of course you could create some new parts. Then they could be included. :wink:

On 6/16/2016 at 1:36 AM, Supergamervictor said:

Hey @blowfish!

Thanks for the B9PartSwitch. I was raging for a long time trying to have my B9 HX Superstructures to work. They usually bug out from some kind of collision issue. More serious was the root problem that I had to deal with by rebuilding with the non-B9 root part.

Regarding the HX parts, I'd like to suggest longer versions of most of them. They tend to take up a lot of part count when making ships, especially HX4's. Maybe even a B9PartSwitch that switches between standard/longer/shorter. That should save a lot RAM in the long run of massive structures.

Also, I'm sure some have had this issue as I suspect is a stock problem. Most times, HX parts tend to bug out to what I assume is collision? The parts glitch into each other and flies all over the place. I also encounter this when having Squad wings in 8x symmetry, and it goes nuts like Total War: Romes's unit collision script.

Allowing the fuselages to be adjustable length is definitely something I've considered, but there are a lot of subtile complications with this so it's something I'm going to hold off on that for now.

As for that bug, if it happens with stock parts I'm inclined to think that it's not B9-related.  If you want help debugging it though, you could upload KSP's log after experiencing it in-game and I could take a look.

On 6/13/2016 at 0:00 AM, blowfish said:

Well it looks like the configs you have are quite old.  Try completely deleting GameData/B9_Aerospace and reinstalling it from a fresh download.  You also might want to reinstall the dependencies, because I see that some aren't being loaded correctly (Firespitter, B9AnimationModules, RPM).

Also not an issue per se, but there appears to be a __MACOSX folder in GameData that has a lot of bogus files in it and is causing a lot of spam in the log.  How did you even get something like that if you're on Windows?

Ive deleted all mods from my pc completely and downloaded fresh ones from curse. followed all instructions in the readme files included but for those without readme files i extracted to my ksp folder itself. unsure how the mac folder got there i must've overlooked that while installing them all. All parts are there again but the cargo bays are still not closing and now my saved ships wont load properly. When i load them the ship pops up behind the load menu but the load menu doesn't close and it still says untitled space craft. And sub-assemblies aren't loading correctly  

On 6/18/2016 at 2:16 AM, blowfish said:

Allowing the fuselages to be adjustable length is definitely something I've considered, but there are a lot of subtile complications with this so it's something I'm going to hold off on that for now.

As for that bug, if it happens with stock parts I'm inclined to think that it's not B9-related.  If you want help debugging it though, you could upload KSP's log after experiencing it in-game and I could take a look.

I'll get a log next time. Any clue to this phenomenon?

2 hours ago, Supergamervictor said:

Any clue to this phenomenon?

I'm getting this exact same behavior with all craft made of very heavy parts, even if there's not that many of them. I'm 99% certain it's a stock/Unity physics bug that is actually unrelated to the exceptions you're seeing there (as there's usually no exceptions when it happens to me - I've also had this happen with non-B9 parts as long as they're heavy enough).

Depending on the context of your craft, you can work around the issue by introducing as many dampening joints between the heaviest parts as you can (i.e. struts). Probably not an option with that pretty nice looking ship of yours there as it's too "solid" to allow for that in a natural way. Things you can try is decreasing max physics delta in the settings or maybe even uninstalling KJR since it might be messing with the physics in an unexpected way (or alternatively, cranking up KJR's dampeners to insane levels).

There's also the ever so slight chance this will go away by itself in 1.1.3, as they're addressing the numerical stability issues of the physics integrator to get rid of the decaying orbits. If we're really lucky that will take care of this phenomenon too.

2 minutes ago, MaxRebo said:

Depending on the context of your craft, you can work around the issue by introducing as many dampening joints between the heaviest parts as you can (i.e. struts). Probably not an option with that pretty nice looking ship of yours there as it's too "solid" to allow for that in a natural way.

There are two sets of struts in B9, identical to each other in nearly every way and significantly stronger than the stock struts. The SNM strut is invisible except for the attachment points, perfect for having structural support without also having unsightly bars of metal between parts; the SN strut is fully visible, if you feel that the aesthetics of the struts doesn't clash with the aesthetics of the rest of the ship (or don't care if it does).

15 minutes ago, King Something said:

The SNM strut is invisible except for the attachment points

The problem with this is that they're still no true quantum struts, i.e. end points must have a clear line of sight and it's next to impossible to get them to attach to directly adjecent parts if there's not at least a tiny little bit of empty space in between. I guess just strutting the outer-hull corners of each outer part together (to get visuals similar to hull plate riveting on real life ships) would be worth a try, but I believe the dampening must be directed roughly towards the root part (as in following the part hierarchy tree - not necessarily physically pointing towards it) for maximum efficiency.

Edited by MaxRebo

5 hours ago, Dk115115 said:

Ive deleted all mods from my pc completely and downloaded fresh ones from curse. followed all instructions in the readme files included but for those without readme files i extracted to my ksp folder itself. unsure how the mac folder got there i must've overlooked that while installing them all. All parts are there again but the cargo bays are still not closing and now my saved ships wont load properly. When i load them the ship pops up behind the load menu but the load menu doesn't close and it still says untitled space craft. And sub-assemblies aren't loading correctly  

The version of B9 on Curse is not up to date.  Go to the OP of this thread and follow the download link.