[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

Yes I can confirm that game freezes during loading since Steam automatic update to ksp 1.1.2. It stops loading on B9_Adapter_SM1 part.

When I remove B9 mode everything seems be ok again but it's save braking for me :(

BTW thanks for awesome mod guys :)

ps. It's my first post on forum :D

26 minutes ago, SirKruk said:

I think the issue is with parts in B9_Aerospace, if I delete their folder the game does load.

B9 part switcher might not actually be the issue. Apparently there is a change that breaks Module Manager, so who knows whats going wrong there.

Well, just gotta wait. ~

Edited by Temeter

2 minutes ago, timtam said:

I just installed the B9 mod. The MK2 SAS Reaction Wheel does not fit the other MK2 fuselage pieces. Have I done something wrong, or is this just the way it is?

There are two sets of Mk2 parts in B9.  There are the old ones, in the legacy pack, which use a different shape, and the new ones in the main pack which have the same shape as the stock parts.

1 minute ago, timtam said:

I just installed the B9 mod. The MK2 SAS Reaction Wheel does not fit the other MK2 fuselage pieces. Have I done something wrong, or is this just the way it is?

The B9 Mk2 parts are a different shape than all the other Mk2 parts in the base game and various other mods. However the B9 Mk2b parts are the same shape as the non-B9 Mk2 parts.

1 minute ago, King Something said:

The B9 Mk2 parts are a different shape than all the other Mk2 parts in the base game and various other mods. However the B9 Mk2b parts are the same shape as the non-B9 Mk2 parts.

Correct, the Mk2b ones are the new ones.

5 hours ago, Mr.DeepSpace said:

ps. It's my first post on forum :D

17 minutes ago, timtam said:

I just installed the B9 mod.

Welcome to the forums!

Edit: I was going to spread some rep on both your posts, but I'm all out of "likes". You're not allowed to like too many things in a day, apparently.

Edited by danfarnsy
Ran out of likes

Hey Guys,

first of all, great mod! Thanks, Dudes!

Here is my Problem: the game stops loading on B9_Adapter_SM1 part

I´ve already updated MM, but it still won´t work. 

Ok,Ok it works, We all knew it, I´m stupid

Edited by ElCorrupto

57 minutes ago, PTNLemay said:

What's the difference between the regular B9 pack and the HX one?

The regular B9 pack has aircraft, spaceplane and spaceship parts of various shapes, sizes and functions in the Mk1/1.25m, Mk2, Mk3, 2.5m and 3.75m form factors, along with parts in a custom size called S2 (a roughly 2.5m octagon fuselage shape). The look cool and perform cool.

The HX pack has a bunch of cubic parts, mostly in three sizes: Size 1 (8mx8mx8m), Size 2 (16mx8mx8m), and Size 4 (16mx16mx8m). Great for building space stations and space carriers longer than the KSC runway. No command parts, although 2 of the parts are 3.75m adapters (and there's nothing stopping you from connecting command units radially using the Structural Pylon part or similar parts). Also includes an over 500ec/s, always-on generator; a horrifyingly powerful LFO engine (that you'll need if you want to get an HX vessel off the ground, much less into space) that has a high-ISP plasma mode (that uses well over 800ec/s, so be sure to bring a few of those HX generators), hollow cubes that can be used as hangars; structural cubes that have multiple texture options and can also be used as LFO tanks, Monopropellant tanks or batteries; adapters so you can connect parts of all three HX sizes, which can be set as purely structural or as LFO tanks; and cool-looking structural end pieces that can optionally hold LFO, M or EC.

The giant ship in OP is built with HX parts, and the comparatively small ship on the right with its engine on is built with B9 parts and the HX engine.

Hello,

I'm new to this forum, I've been lurking for a while and this is my first reply here. I downloaded both B9 basic and the HX pack alongside with MM 2.6.24, but for some reason I can't change the part subtypes when I'm assembling them in the rocket hangar, I need to turn them into fuel/oxi containers but it won't let me. Any clues?

Cheers!

Edited by Flakorama

6 hours ago, ElCorrupto said:

Hey Guys,

first of all, great mod! Thanks, Dudes!

Here is my Problem: the game stops loading on B9_Adapter_SM1 part

I´ve already updated MM, but it still won´t work. 

Ok,Ok it works, We all knew it, I´m stupid

So everything is 1.1.2 compatible?

3 hours ago, Flakorama said:

Hello,

I'm new to this forum, I've been lurking for a while and this is my first reply here. I downloaded both B9 basic and the HX pack alongside with MM 2.6.24, but for some reason I can't change the part subtypes when I'm assembling them in the rocket hangar, I need to turn them into fuel/oxi containers but it won't let me. Any clues?

Cheers!

Did you install B9PartSwitch?  It's included in both the core and HX pack downloads.

And welcome to the forums :D

2 hours ago, DespairingSquid said:

So everything is 1.1.2 compatible?

Probably if you update ModuleManager to 2.6.24.  I haven't tested myself but it sounds like that was the only issue.

27 minutes ago, Vist said:

Hi everybody,

Am I seeing things or scaling now works properly? =D

:)

Tweakscale is not yet supported.  The parts will rescale but the resource amounts and mass/cost won't work properly.  Its on my to-do list, but it could take some time.

3 minutes ago, blowfish said:

Did you install B9PartSwitch?  It's included in both the core and HX pack downloads.

Yes, it is installed.

3 minutes ago, blowfish said:

And welcome to the forums :D

Thanks! :D

What happened to the flat 2.5m engine?

was a main part of all my landers and now its gone.

UPDATE: none of the engines are showing up but the files are there. Any ideas?

Edited by kickning

2 hours ago, kickning said:

UPDATE: none of the engines are showing up but the files are there. Any ideas?

Make sure all the dependencies are there and up to date?  Kind of hard to tell what the problem is without logs.  And welcome to the forums :D

2 hours ago, Flakorama said:

@blowfish It works now! I did a clean reinstall and strangely enough the issue is gone now. I just have this problem with the VAB, it keeps crashing when assembling parts.

I have no clue what this problem might be (how could I?).  Logs might shed some light.

And this is a good opportunity to remind everyone that all support requests need to include logs.  Outside a small minority of cases, I (and everyone else) have no clue what the issue is just from saying "none of the parts show up" or "it keeps crashing."  Really, you're just delaying the time it takes to find a solution because when I see it, I'm just going to ask for logs, then it goes back to you, then I need to see it again, etc, etc.  In almost every case, the problem can be diagnosed by a quick glance at the logs - I've gone through hundreds of these things, I'm pretty good at it.

My patience is not infinite.  If I get too many incomplete support requests I just might start ignoring the ones that are missing information.

Edited by blowfish