[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

A few of notes on the new version (I don't use this from a time ago):

- The prune seems to not work on steam installs.

- I like much more the style of the old docking ports, specially for the squared lights (and because I don't get why now the doors have a handle crossing between them, lol, how works that?)

- Where is your gorgeous copula?

I am also having the same problem as Captain Planet, it happens if there is nothing attached to the bottom of the mk1 and mk1-2 command pods at 64000m, if i have something attached like a fueltank and engine it is ok i just decouple at 40000m.

Seems like it's ok, at least for vessel just undocked from space station.

Update: also tested on ground test rig, seems to work ok now!

And I just found another issue that wasn't there before last update (valid for both fixed and 1.7.1 Sr ports) - when I undock vessel from station, it doesn't drift away as it should. Also can't move it with RCS thrusters - docking port is attracting vessel back as if when trying to dock, but with much grater force. If I time warp to make undocked vessel drift away a bit and then turn warf off - docking ports get pulled towards each other at great rate. At least it happens to vessels that are already in orbit (they worked fine before 1.7.1 - I was building that station back then).

Update: seems like undock bug goes to joint reinforcement, nevermind.

P.S. Did mod become more memory-hungry since update? I'm started to crash very often, especially when have to switch vessels or save/load/switch to KSC several times in a row.

Edited by Mystique

I personally don't like the idea of KR-2L being upper stage engine, but have high thrust like 2500kN. It should be the mid-power first stage engine with less Isp.

How about this?

Cut down the Isp of KR-2L, and make the engine become a mid power first stage engine.

Then make another engine with lower thrust and higher Isp to be the real upper engine. That should fit the double nozzle engine model.

EDIT:As Proot said, I checked the prune batch file. It doesn't work on my steam installation as well.

Edited by Pulsar

Does this mod work with RPM.? I have seemed to get them to work together. If not does anyone know a way to get them to work together? I might just remove the capsule changes if I have to, so i can have a real IVA experience.

Works pretty fine on mine. I haven't check all renamed files, but at least first from the list are renamed correctly. Maybe bat fail is it wrong location?

where is the right place? I use the easy instructions from the readme...

Does this mod work with RPM.? I have seemed to get them to work together. If not does anyone know a way to get them to work together? I might just remove the capsule changes if I have to, so i can have a real IVA experience.

This mod currently only touch the external models of stuff, so IVA view should be fine.

I am also having the same problem as Captain Planet, it happens if there is nothing attached to the bottom of the mk1 and mk1-2 command pods at 64000m, if i have something attached like a fueltank and engine it is ok i just decouple at 40000m.

I'm reproducing this. If I enter atmo with nothing attached to the bottom node of the capsule, the top of the capsule forces itself prograde and then the whole thing vibrates itself to an explosion. If you enter atmo with something attached the capsule's bottom node, everything behaves normally.

The prune works fine for me on my Steam install. Just put it in your Kerbal Space Program folder, not GameData or anything.

Also I'm pretty sure you need to have the "VenStockRevamp" folder in your GameData before you run it.

A few of notes on the new version (I don't use this from a time ago):

- The prune seems to not work on steam installs.

- I like much more the style of the old docking ports, specially for the squared lights (and because I don't get why now the doors have a handle crossing between them, lol, how works that?)

- Where is your gorgeous copula?

I agree with the old docking ports. I don't really like the new ones with the circle lights. Also what happened to the cupola btw?

Could you post a screenshot of where you've put it?

Thanks but is not necessary, It's in my default Steam install, I'm sure.

...Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program

The prune says "the system can't find the specified file" and closes the window by itself.

Edited by Proot

Also, I'd just like to point out that 1.7.1 is missing Part Revamp-MM.cfg. A pretty important file to leave out, I think :)

It's not missing, it has been split in the various folders for better organizations

It's not missing, it has been split in the various folders for better organizations

In other news, I'm an idiot.

(thank you)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks but is not necessary, It's in my default Steam install, I'm sure.

...Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program

The prune says "the system can't find the specified file" and closes the window by itself.

Wait... where is the batch file in that? Because it should be in that Kerbal Space Program folder. It searches for, for example, "GameData\Squad\Parts\Command\Mk1-2Pod\model.mu" so you need it at the folder above Gamedata, i.e. Kerbal Space Program (for Steam installs).

iIou2fP.png

Also - double check your Squad folder - that command appears when the parts can't be found and that's either due to wrong installation OR no such part as model.mu can be found i.e. it's already renamed mu.bak or is .png or whatever. I just ran the Unprune and got stuff renamed back correctly, and ran the Prune and things got renamed correctly again.

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

I think I've isolated the capsule-exploding bug that fraz_w and I encountered. It's FAR. Something about the new mk1 and mk1-2 capsules added in the 1.7 update isn't playing nice with FAR. When I remove its directory I don't get the bug at all (that's the only variable that I changed). Will come back and edit this post if I find a version of FAR that works.

I've tried both methods, and still this is all I get:

http://i.imgur.com/oOLv8yz.png

I use a couple other capsules that have heatshield fairings, and they're still behaving normally. Any suggestions on things to try or places I can look to get more helpful information?

Do you have SDHI installed? After installing SDHI on a test install (using CKAN), the MK 1-2 capsule has the heat shield faring always on.

Also - double check your Squad folder - that command appears when the parts can't be found and that's either due to wrong installation OR no such part as model.mu can be found i.e. it's already renamed mu.bak or is .png or whatever. I just ran the Unprune and got stuff renamed back correctly, and ran the Prune and things got renamed correctly again.

That was the key: I have my textures in DDS for faster loading and RAM saving. Many thanks man!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.