[0.24.2] TT's Modular MultiWheels 7.2 Update to resolve mass bug + get Roverpilot

TouhouTorpedo

Okay! New version 0.7.1

Changelog:

Fixed bug that caused mass changes to be far larger than they were supposed to be when using tweakables.

Thank you cremasterstroke. From now on I'm keeping a copy of Kerbal Engineer in my test install. I'd seen the CoM moving and mass was returning to normal in any condition including copies after disabling tweakable options, so I thought I'd covered everything. I was a little suspicious of how much the CoM was moving though, just hadn't thought anything of it... Thanks!

EDIT:

Version 0.7.2

annnnd another version. Not critical, just realised I actually hadn't included the RoverPilot mod as I said I'd had, so thats included now.

Edited by TouhouTorpedo

Yay! The multi wheels mod is back!

I was using it when I was kind off new at KSP. Using a mod that made flat surface(like wings but without lift and difference shapes), I made a simple truck. I then made a little car that could fit in the truck(which had a openable/closable door thank to damned robotic) and I was transporting the car to different places. Not because I needed it, but because it was cooler.

Speaking of trucks, is there a mod with a free rotating platform or a free moving hinge?(if possible, both of them)

Thank you!

Now, I would have two comment to make.

The first one is a suggestion: sound. It would make it very cool to hear the roar the engines when you spam them(why? because KSP, that's why)

the second, is: SO MUCH NOSTALGIA! seriously, I remember very well when I made the truck, and the small car that went inside. :-)

Is there a way to lock the suspensions of a wheel?

Also, in the tweekable GUI, there is an option for the driving power, another one for the steering and a third one. What does the third option(from the up) change?

Edited by goldenpeach

Also, in the tweekable GUI, there is an option for the driving power, another one for the steering and a third one. What does the third option(from the up) change?

That's to toggle the wheelarch on/off - it's just a cosmetic change, and only applies to some wheels.

Okay! New version 0.7.1

Changelog:

Fixed bug that caused mass changes to be far larger than they were supposed to be when using tweakables.

Thank you cremasterstroke. From now on I'm keeping a copy of Kerbal Engineer in my test install. I'd seen the CoM moving and mass was returning to normal in any condition including copies after disabling tweakable options, so I thought I'd covered everything. I was a little suspicious of how much the CoM was moving though, just hadn't thought anything of it... Thanks!

EDIT:

Version 0.7.2

annnnd another version. Not critical, just realised I actually hadn't included the RoverPilot mod as I said I'd had, so thats included now.

Sweet - everything seems to work fine now :cool:. And I was wondering whether I was being blind not seeing any sign of RoverPilot.

Maybe I'm developmentally challenged, but I cannot seem to get anything from this mod to work. I have a cab, 4 wheels, a diesel engine and 2 gas tanks. I take it to the runway and nothing. It just rolls very so slowly forward. I can steer, just not start my engine and drive. Any help would be most appreciated :)

Thank you!

I had to know that because I am making a road train.

(it has 8 jumbo rockomax fuel tank in line. They are linked pur a free rotatable platform from another mod, although I put struts to make groups of two "trailers" each because it work better that way; otherwise, I get way too much jackknifing problem( they don't cause a crash: I manage to brake before that all the times).

EDIT: in case you were wondering how that road train look like, here's a picture!

Tw9nXga.png

EDIT2: oh, and what I meant by jackknifing problem, I meant that the end of the "train" is swinging around. I have plenty of time to brake.

srvC0Qo.png

(image of the swinging, the white smoke resulting from the drift is awesome :D)

X1ErruW.png

(image of the situation of the "rain" once I braked)

EDIT3: and now, some spec.

The first four wheels from the front of the vehicle are the powered one, only the first two steers.

There is 8 diesels engines, I think I could use less engines but:

1) it wouldn't be as cool.

2) I want to be sure I can climb some slopes.

It's quite easy to drive, after some practice, and you might not encounter jackknifing problem as long as you are very careful(like, no important acceleration and making very wides turns when you're at high speed(for this truck it's around 20 m/s(it can go faster than that, but it's become more dangerous)) .

There is 23910 litre of liquid fuel in total, 150 reserved for the engines(which allow me to do 14km(calculate from data that are not precise because I didn't remembered them well when I did my calculations) and 28160 litres of oxidizer.

From my calculations, I could make 2164 km if I also used the fuel from the tanks behind the truck cabin for the diesel engines.(although, for that calculation I used data that are not exact, and I assumed that the fuel consumption in L/KM stay the same all the time; this is false because, as the fuel is burned, the weight of the truck become lighter(even if it's still heavy) so my fuel consumption in L/KM will be lower).

Of, and the last spec: the truck(when fully loaded) have a weight of 349,510 tons.

Edited by goldenpeach

Can anyone explain how I might go about severely nerfing, if not outright removing, the speed related steering dampener? It's driving me nuts with how aggressive it is. I built a little race car that's stable sideways at 90+, yet at just 9.2m/s the steering lock has been neutered so severely I can't snake through the buildings at the space center. Simply won't turn sharp enough unless I literally slow down to an absolute crawl. I've toyed with the value in the part.cfg that supposedly controls that but my random poking and prodding for once failed to produce results.

Edited by Kenobi McCormick

Figured out my problem: log analysis showed the dll not loading, redownloading it showed the file I had was three times larger than the proper one. Scares me a little - maybe I won't download naked .dlls from mediafire in the future.

however i am now doing donuts around the ksc monolith at 4x physical timewarp zomfg

Can anyone explain how I might go about severely nerfing, if not outright removing, the speed related steering dampener? It's driving me nuts with how aggressive it is. I built a little race car that's stable sideways at 90+, yet at just 9.2m/s the steering lock has been neutered so severely I can't snake through the buildings at the space center. Simply won't turn sharp enough unless I literally slow down to an absolute crawl. I've toyed with the value in the part.cfg that supposedly controls that but my random poking and prodding for once failed to produce results.

Either:

Turn off the driveshaft on the steering wheels as connectioning that increases steering fall off rate to compensate;

or

go to steeringfalloff property in the cfg if I remember right and decrease the value.

Integrated Roverpilot as it never got many downloads anyway and is only Multiwheels compatible. Updated the code on this as some older legacy code from KSP it used has actually vanished.

Have you ever tried finding ANY information about 'Roverpilot'?

What is it? What does it do? How does it do it? Is is an essential part of Multiwheels?

Neeeed Immmput!