Esinohio's Blender farm

esinohio

Rogue 2 is down! Repeat, Rogue 2 is down!

Czw2goE.png

Majorjim brings us this piece of pure nostalgic awesomeness. I'm a total sucker for these replica craft you designers manage to come up with. Clearly I need to pay closer attention to the building techniques because I was unaware some of these parts could even be arranged in such a way. Another great one Majorjim! Find it here!

Rogue 2 is down! Repeat, Rogue 2 is down!

http://i.imgur.com/Czw2goE.png

Majorjim brings us this piece of pure nostalgic awesomeness. I'm a total sucker for these replica craft you designers manage to come up with. Clearly I need to pay closer attention to the building techniques because I was unaware some of these parts could even be arranged in such a way. Another great one Majorjim! Find it here!

I have a y-wing coming soon...

More mucking about with animated gifs. Made another simple display rotation. I'm hoping to jazz these up with different lighting, a dais of some sort, and maybe some other animated goodies if I can manage it.

LUVthzC.gif

Marjorjim made this one! I just love all the rovers and cars you all come up with.

More mucking about with animated gifs. Made another simple display rotation. I'm hoping to jazz these up with different lighting, a dais of some sort, and maybe some other animated goodies if I can manage it.

http://i.imgur.com/LUVthzC.gif

Marjorjim made this one! I just love all the rovers and cars you all come up with.

That. Is amazing.

Everyone knows Jeb is an avid off road enthusiast. Here we see Jeb taking MajorJim's RAGE buggy out for a spin in the hills near the VAB. Find it here!!

http://i.imgur.com/idLG17H.png

This. Is. Awesome. 10/10 will test drive today.

I wonder if anyone has constructed a Mad Max vehicle in KSP? If so a render made of a whole group of Mad Max vehicles with Jeb standing in front of the monster cars/trucks with the caption "What a lovely day" in handwritten script might be so amusing :D

Edit, like this!

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/mad_max_fury_road_ver11_xlg-600x874.jpg

Kind of fun I think if we had a thread where everyone built Mad Max vehicles for this render scene. I in particular would lol so hard if anyone made the Doof Wagon (the monster truck with the hundreds of speakers and flame shooting guitar!)

Edited by pandoras kitten

This. Is. Awesome. 10/10 will test drive today.

I wonder if anyone has constructed a Mad Max vehicle in KSP? If so a render made of a whole group of Mad Max vehicles with Jeb standing in front of the monster cars/trucks with the caption "What a lovely day" in handwritten script might be so amusing :D

Edit, like this!

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/mad_max_fury_road_ver11_xlg-600x874.jpg

Kind of fun I think if we had a thread where everyone built Mad Max vehicles for this render scene. I in particular would lol so hard if anyone made the Doof Wagon (the monster truck with the hundreds of speakers and flame shooting guitar!)

Haha!!! I swear the image of a bunch of post apocalyptic Kerbals dressed in miss matched spiked football pads just won't leave my head now.

...Why are all the recent render images gone from Imgur?

A few were removed due to some wonky imports and I missed some wayward parts. The scaling on some of the parts was off as well, enough to be jarring to the eye once I really went back and looked. You designers put a ton of work into those craft and I really want to be as accurate as possible. I'm in the midst of some upgrades here so I'll be down for a bit longer but I'm using my old laptop to finally gather the problem parts like the larger landing gear and some antennas using another method. Not an ideal situation since I'll have to manually place the problem parts but it works.

A few were removed due to some wonky imports and I missed some wayward parts. The scaling on some of the parts was off as well, enough to be jarring to the eye once I really went back and looked. You designers put a ton of work into those craft and I really want to be as accurate as possible. I'm in the midst of some upgrades here so I'll be down for a bit longer but I'm using my old laptop to finally gather the problem parts like the larger landing gear and some antennas using another method. Not an ideal situation since I'll have to manually place the problem parts but it works.

You rock man! I cant wait for the improved renders!

Back online after some much needed R&R!

Testing out the new video card with some volumetrics. Just a quick test using tbone2142's (built from eorin's A-10 as a base) A-10 Thunderbolt. I need to add the casing around the cluster bombs again! I left it off while testing the bomblets. Had to make the casing due to the import script leaving it off the original. All in all not a bad import considering the number of mods involved. Low sample test (250 samples).

izzQbdp.png
Edited by esinohio

Thanks Pandoras kitten! As for the underwing ordnance it all came from BD-Armory. From what I've noticed the only gotchas importing those parts are a few missing or misaligned parts. I had to nudge around the connector rails a bit to make them appear to be attached but nothing major. The missing casing was remade and uses the designers texture so it appears identical. Hopefully the rest will be nice and cooperative as well!

I peeked at your craft, awesome by the way :) , and I didn't notice any potential import issues so if you nab BD-Armory you'll be able to arm it with whatever weapons you'd like.

Back online after some much needed R&R!

Testing out the new video card with some volumetrics. Just a quick test using tbone2142's (built from eorin's A-10 as a base) A-10 Thunderbolt. I need to add the casing around the cluster bombs again! I left it off while testing the bomblets. Had to make the casing due to the import script leaving it off the original. All in all not a bad import considering the number of mods involved. Low sample test (250 samples).

http://i.imgur.com/izzQbdp.png

Welcome back!

Request: Alien Terror Attack on Kerbin City

Alternatively: X-KOM Rescue (See Exhibit 3/Conclusion at the end)

Background:

At approximately 0230hrs last night eyewitnesses reported several small meteorites landing in the vicinity of Kerbin City, causing minor damage to local infrastructure. At approximately 0235 hrs crowds gathered around the impact zones, observing spherical capsules suspected to be of extra-terrestrial origin emitting green electroluminisence but otherwise inert.

At 0243hrs local fire and police departments were swamped with numerous panic calls emanating from the industrial sector of Kerbin City, followed by a complete power and telecommunications blackout covering the City and adjacent areas, but not before City authorities signalled their distress to local military units which are currently mobilizing. By 0300hrs, real time imagery from surveillance drones confirm widespread damage to certain local neighborhoods around the impact sites, with toxic gas clouds of unknown composition enveloping the area. Energy weapons fire of unknown type have been observed targeting civilians attempting to flee the area, while local police are ill-equipped to contain the incursion.

In view of the extra-terrestrial nature of this event, the Council of Nations has seen fit to deploy X-KOM forces into the terror site in order to safeguard civilian lives, identify and engage the alien threat.

A prototype Skyranger-class dropship, the X-4 Enforcer, was soon observed streaking skywards above the Kerbal Space Center in the heading of Kerbin City.

Stock Craft File: http://kerbalx.com/pandoraskitten/X-4A-Enforcer-Assault-Transport

----

Fluff aside, on to the render request.

The craft in question is the X-4 Enforcer assault transport, which is based on the X-Com Skyranger. It is coming for landing amid a ruined city street, for simplicity, just make it a deserted industrial zone, basic factory buildings on each side of the street, tall derelict chimneys (some half collapsed or damaged) looming into the night sky lit by green incandescent gas under a full moon.

The transport is hovering above the street (the render perspective is from street level observing the X-KOM assault landing), has both main cargo and side bays open and 6 lift jets on full power spewing afterburner flame and kicking up all sorts of dust, debris and flying papers or something. From the main cargo bay, 5 or 6 Kerbals in black spacesuits with red (!!!) helmet lights are fast-roping down all at once, Edge of Tomorrow style, with the first two dashing for cover behind an overturned KMC M-1 general purpose truck that looks like it's damaged, parts missing and wrecked. Parts discarded from the truck can be placed around it like it's been hit by a heavy weapon and destroyed.

I'm not sure if you have any models in hand that look like assault rifles or other personal weapons, but maybe just improvize with a simple model that looks like an XM8 carbine. The Kerbals dashing for cover are armed with these rifles in hand, while the ones fast-roping from the transport would have them slung behind their backs. For a cameo appearance, one of the Kerbals could be Valentina wielding dual Colt M1911 style heavy pistols.

Among the wrecked buildings on either side of the street, there are Krakens hiding in the shadows, their tentacled forms loosely visible. A trail of green slime and some hint of a Kraken tentacle should be visible in the foreground of the scene - a second wrecked KMC M1 truck placed on the side of the foreground can allow this Kraken to hide from the X-KOM soldiers for now, but one of them are pointing towards its slime trail!

Stock Craft File: KMC M1 Truck

http://kerbalx.com/pandoraskitten/KMC-M1-King-Cab---Stock

---

Inspirational X-COM concept artwork / screenshots

Exhibit A:

Alien Dropship that looks like a forerunner to the humans' Skyranger deploying troops in The Bureau: X-COM Declassified

This scene shows what a dropship disgorging elite troops looks like. It has a Black Hawk Down vibe to it.

latest?cb=20130808190255

Exhibit B:

This scene from X-COM Enemy Unknown depicts the Skyranger landing in its underground base. Note engine vfx. We can have our Enforcer transport landing side-on to the camera for better perspective of its design and VTOL equipment - best would be landing in a traffic junction to explain why the X-KOM operatives are using an overturned truck as their first tactical cover - the streets would be too small to safely allow a 40-60 ton transport ship to hover low to the ground.

skyranger-xcom-photos-2.jpg

Exhibit C - X-COM concept art by Piero Macgowan

This scene depicts an advanced VTOL ship in a rural area. This perspective is exactly what I had in mind. If the urban setting is too difficult to design, perhaps just scrap it and make a re-creation of this scene. We can make it look like the foreground on the left has a Kraken tentacle and green slime covering it, and another Kraken in the house sihouetted in the light from one of the ground floor windows, while a Kerbal damsel in distress looks out of the upper floor window!

latest?cb=20121029012300

Conclusion: On hindsight a replication of the Exhibit 3 picture would be easiest to do, furthermore there will be no need to design a complex city-scape, and the KMC M1 truck can still make an appearance in the same position as the old truck in the picture. And that windmill, and the long grass, and the rain. OMG. Yesh. Please make this.

The scene can be modified for this render by flipping the truck over, destroying it and having the Kraken tentacle and slime slithering all over it. And the field of view should be reduced, so as to show the X-KOM landing craft and Kerbals landing in more detail.

Edited by pandoras kitten

** /snip **

Exhibit C - X-COM concept art by Piero Macgowan

This scene depicts an advanced VTOL ship in a rural area. This perspective is exactly what I had in mind. If the urban setting is too difficult to design, perhaps just scrap it and make a re-creation of this scene. We can make it look like the foreground on the left has a Kraken tentacle and green slime covering it, and another Kraken in the house sihouetted in the light from one of the ground floor windows, while a Kerbal damsel in distress looks out of the upper floor window!

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/xcom/images/d/db/XCOM_Concept_Art_Piero_Macgowan_17a.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20121029012300

Conclusion: On hindsight a replication of the Exhibit 3 picture would be easiest to do, furthermore there will be no need to design a complex city-scape, and the KMC M1 truck can still make an appearance in the same position as the old truck in the picture. And that windmill, and the long grass, and the rain. OMG. Yesh. Please make this.

The scene can be modified for this render by flipping the truck over, destroying it and having the Kraken tentacle and slime slithering all over it. And the field of view should be reduced, so as to show the X-KOM landing craft and Kerbals landing in more detail.

From what I'm seeing this shouldn't be too terrible for me to attempt. Rain would certainly be a nice touch and an interesting Blender exercise. Actually the street scene wouldn't be out of bounds as well. Might have to tinker with that one separately just for fun. I'll message you with test renders from various angles and we'll hone in on exactly what the render will be. This one should be fun! :D

Greetings XCOM Commanders! Pandoras Kitten made this awesome replica of the XCOM Skyranger. Below we see our brave KerbalCom soldiers fast roping down to root out the Kraken infestation. Danger awaits!!

Find this craft here!!

TIWZHFO.png
Edited by esinohio