[1.7.3] Exploration Rover System by A.S.E.T. v0.3 (04.08.19)

alexustas

I guess that would be:
MODULE
{
name = JSITransparentPod
transparentTransforms = CabineGlassBottomLeftSide|CabineGlassBottomRightSide|CabineGlassCentre|CabineGlassLefSide|CabineGlassLeftSide|CabineGlassLowCenter|CabineGlassLowRightSide|CabineGlassRightSide|CabineGlassTop
}

or use MM patch:

@PART[ERSCabine]:Final
{
-MODULE
{
name = JSITransparentPod
}
}

By the way, the proper way to remove a module using MM is with:

-MODULE[JSITransparentPod] {}

The way you posted it most likely would not do the job right.

I'm trying to run ERS on 0.90 with mixed results. Initially, it looks fine. As you can see in this image, the kerbals can be seen in the cabin and all the assorted cabin parts are there. At some point though, the kerbals and the assorted parts in the cabin disappear while the glass remains transparent, as you can see in this image. I'm not sure what is causing it but according to the error log visible in the latter image, JSITransparent Pod cannot find the ERSInternals part.

However, when I look in the GameData>ASET>ERS>Spaces folder, there's a folder called ERSinternals. Why would JSITransparent Pod fail to find this part? I'm using JSI Part Utilities version 0.2.84.

Any ideas?

Further investigation yields a surprising result. The ERSinternal.cfg file in the ERS internals folder has a extra space between ERSinternal and cfg (i.e., the file name is "ERSinternal_.cfg"). When I removed that space and restarted KSP, the internals and kerbals reappeared! Plus the rover stopped performing its initial weird wheels-locked skid just after go to the runway.

Was that file intentionally renamed with a space to stop it causing some other bug?

How did you get the wheels to install ? I cant edit the setup for them

Yeah, I couldn't get the setup menu to appear either. Right clicking on the wheels and cabin would not bring up the proper menus. So I attached the wheels without using the setup, resulting in double suspensions. Here's what it looks like in the SPH. Since the orientation of the wheels on one side were wrong, I had to enable reverse motor/steering on that side to make the rover drive straight.

So far it's working quite nicely. I'm using it for the South Pole challenge and 3 hours in it's still behaving quite nicely.

Hi, I have some problem in 0.25 x64 with the wheels, they dont work, also when I right-click, the menu is not the same as in 0.9. But in my other ksp direction, wich is 0.9 x32 they work fine. What can I do to get them work in 0.25?

I have the properly firespitter version in each one.

am i the only one that has a problem with the wheels here involving them not being able to switch between sides anymore and just renders both sides of the wheel at same time which forces me to have mount the wheels in a new orientation?

if that was not explained well, i will post a screen shot soon

am i the only one that has a problem with the wheels here involving them not being able to switch between sides anymore and just renders both sides of the wheel at same time which forces me to have mount the wheels in a new orientation?

No pretty sure PartUtilities needs updated.

Yeah, I'm getting that too. My rovers have double suspension now.

I haven't tested yet, but the excited remarks so far have me convinced. You've succeeded where I failed at fixing the plugin. Of course, I failed because I didn't actually fix anything... maybe i should actually try to fix it next time.

Hmmm...with having to fix how the wheels are attached on opposite sides, you may still have to manually toggle the direction of wheel spin in the right-click menu?... (ie one side is rotating forward, while the other side is rotating backward?)

Alright so I tried it out and at first I had the same problem with the double suspension. Then I tried it with the fixed DLL but now the little snap dots on the lower part of the rover where the wheels should be attached are gone. Can someone help me with that problem? I think I have downloaded everything the mod needs, just not the SATscan

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.