The Grand 0.25 Discussion Thread

SQUAD

Come on, I can't be the only one with a download speed that dashes any hope of playing it today?

Direct-from-Squad version was just flat out not making any progress for me. Every time I looked back at it, the download was taking longer and longer, so I finally cancelled it.

multiplay.co.uk obviously has some third rate network goin' on.

I deleted my existing steam install, and downloaded a fresh copy there, which I'll play until the proper version isn't downloading at 800 bytes/sec. Given the difference in download speeds, and assuming that they have the same load, Steam's network is something like two thousand times the capacity of multiplay's...as a lower bound.

THEY LISTENED! In the Tracking Station Flags are disabled by default, just like Debris!

Wow, you're right, they're also off by default in the flight map! Sweet!

Also I think the CoM understands that massless parts have no mass finally. Yes!

It may look like a toilet, but that's actually part of the astronaut hazing ritual called the coffee strainer exercise. The details of this exercise are best left to the imagination, as the details are far more embarrassing than anything you can think up.

The new update made my game run really smooth for some reason. Phew, now I don't need to buy a new computer anymore!

On the other hand, I hate how they made the basic SAS really tiny. It just makes career even worse, because proper SAS modules are just further away, which means more time having to put up with the near-inexistent steering torque of the capsules.. Shame on you, Squad.

I'm a bit disappointed with Crew transfer. You should be able to transfer crew to full module, with a crew member from the other modules taking their place. A swapping-type thing. No I suppose the answer to this is to always have a spare crew-capable part for one Kerbal to sit back in while other Kerbals move freely, then the last Kerbal is moved from the Spare pod.

- - - Updated - - -

The new update made my game run really smooth for some reason. Phew, now I don't need to buy a new computer anymore!

On the other hand, I hate how they made the basic SAS really tiny. It just makes career even worse, because proper SAS modules are just further away, which means more time having to put up with the near-inexistent steering torque of the capsules.. Shame on you, Squad.

The Reaction wheels are already extremely OP!

I just started a new career mode. My second orbital rocket worked like a charm... until it exploded on the ground, destroying all the science. Luckily, I had quicksaved right before impact! ... but the parachutes were gone when I reloaded it. Aaaaand I was hurtling into a mountain. So now Jeb is dead, and my science is gone.

Yippee.

Downloaded it, waste of an update.

We are playing with parts that have been out for a VERY long time (spaceplaneone).

Strategies is a new feature I won't ever be using.

Explosions look more cartooney but I like them!

Grass looks meh.

Basically this update doesn't add anything worthwhile in my opinion. Wasteful update and I hope this is the last time I have to say that. If 0.26 does something similar, I'm going to be very vocal about it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.