[0.90] DDSLoader 1.9 (Mar 9) - Loads DDS Texture "Boringly fast" edition

sarbian

Sorry if i sound dumb but i am an inexperienced end user, what i have to do for this mod to reduce the ram requirements and loading time is to manually (via a program) convert every imagefile from gamedata folder into another format? Have i got it entirely wrong?

How time consuming/easy is that? Is there any other "dumb" end user that has already done it?

The "for dummies" converter tool is here : http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/98672

It's not up to date with the last version of the loader but it should do fine. I would recommend to install ATM too, or at least the ATM directory that has the exception ("BoulderCo\ActiveTextureManagerConfigs")

after updating to latest version (1.6) i found some weirdness with my suits i use with TR

vGHKtbI.png?1

DSS images i use:

EVAtextureNRM.dds

EVAvisor.dds

kerbalHelmetNRM.dds

kerbalMainNRM.dds

KerbinScaledSpace300.dds

all other images are *.png

I use ATM and my graphic settings are at max (gtx 670)

I can't use your second link. It is not a post link but a link to what is page 137 of the thread for you. And since I changed my setting to see 50 post par page I have only 30 page in that thread. So please repost it using a post link ( the one with a #XXX ) on the righr side of a post.

New version.

1.7 Fix error with some DXT1/5 and make Apply() optional for the plugin who need to load a texture but don't want to display it (resource map,...)

This should fix sebi.zzr bug

This should work on Mac, if someone compiles it: https://github.com/ducakar/img2dds. You can also convert textures manually, one by one, with Photoshop or Gimp (if you are a really masochistic person).

I can't get that to work on Mac, in terminal it returns this.

FAILED to convert /Applications/ksp files/KSP_6.4K/GameData/ThunderAerospace/TacLifeSupportRecyclers/WaterSplitterTexture.png
sh: ./img2dds/OSX64/img2dds: No such file or directory

FAILED to convert /Applications/ksp files/KSP_6.4K/GameData/ThunderAerospace/TacLifeSupportRecyclers/WaterSplitterTexture.png

It might not be escaping the period in "KSP_6.4K". Try renaming the directory and run it again.

Is there a list of mods that have moved to dds and use this mod or does it still require user conversion of texture files?

I don't think any mods are distributing textures as DDS yet. Hopefully that will change.

I said it should work on Mac IF SOMEONE COMPILES IT for Mac.

I don't think any mods are distributing textures as DDS yet. Hopefully that will change.

TextureReplacer packs I packaged use DDS textures (Extended Sylith's pack and updated Pimp My Kerbals).

The mod is young and I m sure some were waiting for stability. Right now it seems to be bug free and I don't see new large feature coming in. Maybe some more numbers on loading time may help other seeing the benefits.