[KSP 1.8.1] SCANsat [v19.1] -- Dev version [February 20, 2020]

DMagic

I was about to come report that Regolith/CRP or something had broken the resource tab when I saw the v.10 update. It's working fine again with v.10, thank you! :)

(I'm not entirely sure what the Lock Regolith Biome function does though...)

V10 don't see any thing on Resources, I do see the Resources folder in ScanSat but on the map there isn't any button or tab ?

EDIT- My bad some how got V9.5 installed updated to V10 all good.

Edited by Mecripp2

• 1 month later...
I cant see the resources on the settings menu, just the big map. And I cant get any color to differentiate them on the big map (or any). when I select karbonite, water, etc, i get "percents" where my cursor is but no color change with anything except elevations. What am I doing wrong? Am I missing another mod or dll? Just using this version of scansat, karbonite, k+, and mks..and mechjeb. I feel like Im missing a .dll or something to have resources not on the menu at all.

Sorry for bumping this post but I'm getting this exact issue and was hoping someone may have a solution. I guess I'm expecting to see some colour variation indicating resource deposits on the large biomes map after scan and enabling the resources overlay, but there are no colour variations, only "percentages" where my cursor is hovered. Is this normal?

Sorry for bumping this post but I'm getting this exact issue and was hoping someone may have a solution. I guess I'm expecting to see some colour variation indicating resource deposits on the large biomes map after scan and enabling the resources overlay, but there are no colour variations, only "percentages" where my cursor is hovered. Is this normal?

I'm having the exact same problem. This is the first time I've used SCANsat and Karbonite. I can map kerbin with the radar scanner, turn on resource view and select karbonite from the resource drop down. I can see the percentage of karbonite wherever my cursor is on the big map, but there's no orange dots or colour variation when the map is updated. On the SCANsat resource guide it shows several orange dots appearing when you activate the resource scanning. http://imgur.com/a/SZcrX (3rd Image) Am I missing something?

• 3 weeks later...

A new dev version is up; get it at GitHub.

This version has a much improved zoom map, additional color configuration options for biomes and resource, an external config file to store all the color options, FinePrint waypoint integration, and a few bug fixes.

See the first post for all the details and previews of the new features.

Coolness, checking it out.

Also, really hate the new imgur emedding, especially the text cutoffs.

Tell me about it, I just noticed those; there was a "read more" button a few minutes ago for the text, but it didn't seem to go the correct link and now it's gone...

Edit: Now even the gallery link doesn't go the right place. :mad:

Tell me about it, I just noticed those; there was a "read more" button a few minutes ago for the text, but it didn't seem to go the correct link and now it's gone...

Edit: Now even the gallery link doesn't go the right place. :mad:

Yeah, was going to say that the color stuff and the waypoint one weren't working. The one for zoom map is though.

The links aren't working I mean, they apparently work fine in the embed.

Will the waypoints work out of the box with the RPM map?, or will an update to rpm be required? Just wondered if you knew as waypoints are the only thing missing in F2'd IVA. I want so badly to turn off the UI, but obviously need waypoints for contracts. Awesome update to a great mod!

Will the waypoints work out of the box with the RPM map?, or will an update to rpm be required? Just wondered if you knew as waypoints are the only thing missing in F2'd IVA. I want so badly to turn off the UI, but obviously need waypoints for contracts. Awesome update to a great mod!

No, I'll need to add them to IVA maps.It shouldn't be difficult, I just didn't think about it.

Oh so it's on your side? That would be amazing a kerbals dream come true. Thank you!

Once upon a time RPM handled the SCANsat maps, but they've been integrated into SCANsat for a while now. The RPM stuff does sort of live in a place of its own though; all of the IVA map code is handled in a completely different way, some of which I have no understanding of...

But the icon drawing stuff is pretty easy, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Edit: Yep, it's a pretty easy fix to add waypoints to the IVA maps.

Z8AoA7W.png

The only problem is that there is no way to identify them on the map, only their location. Even that can be tricky because you don't get the kind of precise mouse-over info that you get with the regular SCANsat maps.

Edited by DMagic

I'll settle for that even. You're amazing!

- - - Updated - - -

Only thing I can think to fix easy* would be a separate page somehow with the ability to read the lat and log of the point so you could know where to go?

*Not a coder so may and probably isnt easy!

- - - Updated - - -

Or maybe a page to select a point or after having selected a point on the map it could display log, lat and heading to the point maybe distance to if possible? All ideas so take what you want and toss the rest hope any of that helps. Thanks again even for just the waypoints!

I'll settle for that even. You're amazing!

- - - Updated - - -

Only thing I can think to fix easy* would be a separate page somehow with the ability to read the lat and log of the point so you could know where to go?

*Not a coder so may and probably isnt easy!

- - - Updated - - -

Or maybe a page to select a point or after having selected a point on the map it could display log, lat and heading to the point maybe distance to if possible? All ideas so take what you want and toss the rest hope any of that helps. Thanks again even for just the waypoints!

That would have to be on the RPM side. I can imagine that maybe the targets menu could be expanded to handle waypoints. The only problem is that actually getting from the contract parameter to the waypoint object is surprisingly difficult, and if you want the waypoints to update based on the status of each parameter (not show waypoints for completed parameters in each survey contract) you would need to have that information.

Okay, I opened up the new one while on Kerbin and, um, it wierded out or something, the small map showed Kerbin (in black and white because I left it in that mode last time), but the big one showed Minmus (I guess cause I just left minmus?) and I didn't see the normal buttons. It also did some wierd thing when I tried to move the window.

screenshot11_zpsyywa2lli.png

At the same time, I was also getting spammed with this exception:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at SCANsat.SCAN_UI.UI_Framework.SCANuiUtil.drawMapLabels (Rect maprect, .Vessel vessel, SCANsat.SCAN_Map.SCANmap map, SCANsat.SCAN_Data.SCANdata data, .CelestialBody body, Boolean showAnom, Boolean showWaypoints) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SCANsat.SCAN_UI.SCANBigMap.mapLabels (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SCANsat.SCAN_UI.SCANBigMap.DrawWindow (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SCANsat.SCAN_Platform.SCAN_MBW.DrawWindowInternal (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Going to try a restart.

Edit: Restart didn't help. While I can now see the usual buttons (some of them), I can't move the big map or the zoom map and they're both sort of screwed up.

I was also able to sort of resize the big map, but uh, I'm pretty sure that's not how it's supposed to resize. Still spamming that error.

screenshot12_zps9ze4swfq.png

screenshot13_zpsvqkq8n8e.png

Edited by smjjames

Is this a sandbox or science mode save? I guess eventually I'll stop assuming everyone is using career mode, since this is the second time I've been bitten by this in the past week...

It's a simple, one-line fix. I'll update with this and the IVA waypoints in a minute.

Is this a sandbox or science mode save? I guess eventually I'll stop assuming everyone is using career mode, since this is the second time I've been bitten by this in the past week...

It's a simple, one-line fix. I'll update with this and the IVA waypoints in a minute.

Science mode, and I updated my previous post a bit.

Thanks

Also getting this error courtesy of exception detector when I try to select a color on the color wheel. Though I would have noticed a problem anyway because selecting a color on the colorwheel does nothing.

UnityException: Texture 'SCANsat/Icons/SCAN_BigColorWheel_Tex' is not readable, the texture memory can not be accessed from scripts. You can make the texture readable in the Texture Import Settings.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Texture2D:GetPixel (int,int)

at SCANsat.SCAN_UI.UI_Framework.SCANuiColorPicker.drawColorSelector (Rect R) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SCANsat.SCAN_UI.SCANcolorSelection.DrawWindow (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SCANsat.SCAN_Platform.SCAN_MBW.DrawWindowInternal (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Edit: Oh, when I select the color wheel, it blanks out the rest of the color management window, except for the scrollbar.

Thanks

Also getting this error courtesy of exception detector when I try to select a color on the color wheel. Though I would have noticed a problem anyway because selecting a color on the colorwheel does nothing.

That's likely to be either some kind of read-access issue or some texture fiddling plugin screwing around with textures that it shouldn't.

That's likely to be either some kind of read-access issue or some texture fiddling plugin screwing around with textures that it shouldn't.

I do have ATM and DDSloader, but I didn't convert them into DDS, so, maybe ATM is at fault?

EDIT: Wait, could the resource overlay mod be interfering with it? Since it hasn't been updated for this.

Going to remove that and see if it helps.

Edit2: nope, didn't work.

Edited by smjjames

I do have ATM and DDSloader, but I didn't convert them into DDS, so, maybe ATM is at fault?

EDIT: Wait, could the resource overlay mod be interfering with it? Since it hasn't been updated for this.

Going to remove that and see if it helps.

Not likely.

It's probably ATM, I'm not really sure how the configs for that work, but I think they may have to be set to not touch the textures in the SCANsat/Icons folder, the same goes for any DDS converter, since Unity needs to be able to directly access that color wheel texture.

I'll try to find a way around that, since it's really annoying to have to rely on another addon to not screw up mine.

Edit: Yep it's an ATM problem.

It looks like there are two things that need to be fixed.

The current SCANsat ATM config looks like this:

ACTIVE_TEXTURE_MANAGER_CONFIG
{
folder = SCANsat
enabled = true
OVERRIDES
{
SCANsat/Icons/*
{
compress = true
mipmaps = false
scale = 1
max_size = 0
}
}
}

It needs to look like this:

ACTIVE_TEXTURE_MANAGER_CONFIG
{
folder = SCANsat
enabled = true
OVERRIDES
{
SCANsat/Icons/.*
{
compress = true
mipmaps = false
scale = 1
max_size = 0
make_not_readable = false
}
}
}

It is very important to note the missing . in the folder location, without it ATM is just ignoring the override settings.

The make_not_readable flag is needed to keep the color wheel icon available to the CPU so it can grab the pixel color when you click on it. That seems to work for both basic and aggressive ATM.

Edited by DMagic

Just an idea here, maybe put an option onto the zoom window whether to have it stay on top of the big map or not because it intermittently goes behind the big map and often when I don't want it to.