[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

K.Yeon

I'm very (im)patiently waiting for the FAR support so I can actually start using these. They look amazing.
I suggest the cargo bay should remove the end like the MK2 cargo bay,

then we can extend the cargo bay by more parts

Thanks for the comment! both has been done! I might release 1.4 by end of this week!

Where's the download? I can only find one for the test parts and prebuilt craft.

I did not know how to set main file and sub file in curse, so is all together the main file is called OPTSPPV1.3

Update: Expect to see this craft soon :P

exfsy57.png

Thanks for all the supports so far

Thanks for the comment! both has been done! I might release 1.4 by end of this week

Yay! Time for the Kerbodyne Heavy Lift range...

(BTW, if you can figure out how to make a cargo bay that is easy to drive rovers in and out of, there will be many happy Kerbonauts)

Here's the FAR config I made, for anyone interested.

@PART[IHYL?RM?Cockpit]:NEEDS[FerramAerospaceResearch|NEAR]:Final
{
@dragModelType = default
@minimum_drag = 0
@maximum_drag = 0
@angularDrag = 0
!MODULE[ModuleLiftingSurface] {}
}

@PART[ILS?Cockpit]:NEEDS[FerramAerospaceResearch|NEAR]:Final
{
@minimum_drag = 0
@maximum_drag = 0
@angularDrag = 0
}

@PART[I-J?Intake]:NEEDS[FerramAerospaceResearch|NEAR]:Final
{
@minimum_drag = 0
@maximum_drag = 0
@angularDrag = 0
}

@PART[J-4mTanks]:NEEDS[FerramAerospaceResearch|NEAR]:Final
{
@minimum_drag = 0
@maximum_drag = 0
@angularDrag = 0
}

@PART[J-Drop?Bay]:NEEDS[FerramAerospaceResearch|NEAR]:Final
{
@minimum_drag = 0
@maximum_drag = 0
@angularDrag = 0
}
@PART[J?Cockpit]:NEEDS[FerramAerospaceResearch|NEAR]:Final
{
@minimum_drag = 0
@maximum_drag = 0
@angularDrag = 0
}
@PART[j.s?Adaptor]:NEEDS[FerramAerospaceResearch|NEAR]:Final
{
@minimum_drag = 0
@maximum_drag = 0
@angularDrag = 0
}

@PART[KyEngine]:NEEDS[FerramAerospaceResearch|NEAR]:Final
{
@minimum_drag = 0
@maximum_drag = 0
@angularDrag = 0
}

@PART[OPT?Gears]:NEEDS[FerramAerospaceResearch|NEAR]:Final
{
@minimum_drag = 0
@maximum_drag = 0
@angularDrag = 0
}
@PART[IHYL4xGears]:NEEDS[FerramAerospaceResearch|NEAR]:Final
{
@minimum_drag = 0
@maximum_drag = 0
@angularDrag = 0
}
@PART[J4mLab]:NEEDS[FerramAerospaceResearch|NEAR]:Final
{
@minimum_drag = 0
@maximum_drag = 0
@angularDrag = 0
}
@PART[J8mCargo]:NEEDS[FerramAerospaceResearch|NEAR]:Final
{
@minimum_drag = 0
@maximum_drag = 0
@angularDrag = 0
}
@PART[EngineMount4x]:NEEDS[FerramAerospaceResearch|NEAR]:Final
{
@minimum_drag = 0
@maximum_drag = 0
@angularDrag = 0
}

Also K.Yeon - would it be possible to enable steering on the large landing gear?

Thanks for the comment! both has been done! I might release 1.4 by end of this week!

I did not know how to set main file and sub file in curse, so is all together the main file is called OPTSPPV1.3

Update: Expect to see this craft soon :P

http://i.imgur.com/exfsy57.png

Thanks for all the supports so far

Yikes, that thing looks like it will make the air bleed!

Hi, tnx for a great mod! Just now I start to explore VAB capabilities in KSP, and found this! Crafts in albums looks just fantastic. But..

Well, can I ask for a little help?

Since now i successfuly builded a few orbital planes with stock parts. But when i trying to do somthenig with this amazing parts, plane start to fly like a stone %)

Can someone send to me a flyable .craft save? Just for education purposes =)

Mods installed - joint reinforcment, firespitter.

Thank you and forgive my bad english!

Really great job with these parts! My only complaint is that the engine seems very overpowered, but that's easily solved by me simply not using it. As others have said, I would love to have adapters from your cockpit to 2.5m and from your cockpits and body parts to 3.75m.

Very cool mod, since it's now working with FAR I've just downloaded it. :kiss:

I have one question : is it normal that the ARIE engine has no "air breathing" mod ? It seems it should have one from the description, but when I use it, it's just a regular rocket engine.

Really great job with these parts! My only complaint is that the engine seems very overpowered, but that's easily solved by me simply not using it. As others have said, I would love to have adapters from your cockpit to 2.5m and from your cockpits and body parts to 3.75m.

i guess you can say its overpowered, but i think it depends on your play style! Because if is sandbox mode, you can use as much these engines as you wish, but if you play in career mode, 60k for a pair of engine is quite alot to consider. And ill consider the adaptors! thx for the suggest

I really like the look of the ARIE engine and intake. I was hoping a version of these that fits the Mk2 form factor would be released in this patch, maybe 1.5?
Very cool mod, since it's now working with FAR I've just downloaded it. :kiss:

I have one question : is it normal that the ARIE engine has no "air breathing" mod ? It seems it should have one from the description, but when I use it, it's just a regular rocket engine.

This ssto engine currently only fulfills what myself want it to do. But is not yet complete as i will continue to adjust it to be more immersive to the game! The reason it does not have an intake yet is because in ksp, intake parts should be on their own with a mass about 0.01. And making this engine have an intake would be problematic from what i understand. Therefore the easy solution would be making this engine modular, and i think mk2's side profile would be a suitable for that. So yes Gryphorim in 1.5 this engine will have separate parts and it could fit mk2.

May I suggest you to add the deadly reentry support to the spaceplane parts?
Dummy question: is there already an RCS tank and a remote unit, or is it planned?

The parts look really nice, and integrate fine in the style.

ok ill implement these in the next update!

This ssto engine currently only fulfills what myself want it to do. But is not yet complete as i will continue to adjust it to be more immersive to the game! The reason it does not have an intake yet is because in ksp, intake parts should be on their own with a mass about 0.01. And making this engine have an intake would be problematic from what i understand. Therefore the easy solution would be making this engine modular, and i think mk2's side profile would be a suitable for that. So yes Gryphorim in 1.5 this engine will have separate parts and it could fit mk2.

That sounds really nice.

ok ill implement these in the next update!

It was not an order, just a question. :)