[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

K.Yeon

Wow the part quality really improved! Theres only a tiny difference between the stock mk2 and the mk2 to j adaptor! The only complain i have is the compressor burns too much oxidizer, i think it doesnt make sense when so much oxidizer is consumed while almost no liquid fuel used to for the combustion

Edit.. could i ask do you use normal maps for your models? Because i didnt see normal maps in ur data but model looks like it has a normal. Im know im asking alot but could you make a tutorial for texture? I really want to start modelling also

Edited by JohntheMunWalker

I might be talking out of my ass here so feel free to ignore me totally. ive never done anything like this but from reading a lot of the forums I thaight that adding a intake to an existing engine should be as simple as adding the module like this

MODULE

{

name = ModuleResourceIntake

resourceName = IntakeAir

checkForOxygen = true

area = 0.00512

intakeTransformName = intake

and then Creating another Transform within the 3d model.

there are a variety of engines in the B9 pack that have built in intakes that module is from one of them.

Compressors are way cool! By playing around with the new OPTcompressor MODULE I have tried to scale up the think. You know, in the rocket businesses is bigger better! How can I tweak the compressor output?

By the way, the dV of the new OPT "ARIE" Engine is not recognized in MechJeb... :(

Hey, I checked my Gamedata files, didn't have anything conflicting regarding JSI or Firespitter.

Clean slated install with the following mods:

1. Davon supply Mod

2. Dmagical Orbital science

3. MechJeb2

And the base pack.

Still having the issue with landing gear, something could be wrong with the file, regarding the landing gear?

As well the J-FuelTank 4m shows it only has a lift rating of 1, but no fuel is in it. and well as the I-J connector.

Regarding the J-Inline utility and docking bay part, it will not give me the option to close it, it is stuck open it seems in the SPH.

Possible fixes, or any thoughts?

Also, anyone else having the same problems?

I will try again with just the game only with a perfectly clean slate.

Standby.

FYI, since you're adding a new plugin, you are required by forum rules to post the source code.

What does the new plugin do, anyway? Does it just convert between resources? If so I think there are plugins that do that already.

FYI, since you're adding a new plugin, you are required by forum rules to post the source code.

What does the new plugin do, anyway? Does it just convert between resources? If so I think there are plugins that do that already.

The plugin is still abit incompleted. Ill upload the code on next update. I know there is resource generator module, but im working on this one so different resource generated or consumed can be dependent on speed or atmosphere level. It will also can give it sound. Its sort of like an enginemodule but abit simpler

i found a bug, maybe it's a slight problem with the landing gear that doesn't empare their fonction enough to be seen without the collision FX mod, or maybe it's just a small compatibility problem between the 2.

basicly, they work, but the collision FX mod act like if they weren't wheels, like if i was taking off on tire-less rims:

screenshot54?async&rand=0.21892971242778003

it's spectacular, yet not really serious looking

Wheels? Where we are going we don't need wheels! :cool: oh wait, that's roads, not wheels, dang XD

K.Yeon you have made some great parts and I love tinkering with them, but there is a modulemanager.dll inside the OPT filder instead of in the main.

During load 2.5.4 loads with 2.5.6 wich you can see with double text during pathcing on the load screen, can you please move the .dll into the zip root?

Merry Christmass & the smiley cockpit \☺/

cuJ8jBi.png

Edited by Kamuchi

I quite like the new version of the ARIE engine, and the overall design for the compressed air cycle. However, there are a couple of things making it a bit iffy to use.

First of all, the compressor expends IntakeAir, Oxidizer and ElectricCharge even if the SuperCompressedAir container is full, and even if it's not getting spent to begin with. This makes it very inefficient at high altitudes where you could lower the thrust to lower the consumption rates and get more out of the atmospheric mode. It seems to be hugely less efficient than a basic jet engine in relation to how much intake resources (oxidizer) you have to carry with you to use it, although it has a lot higher thrust as a tradeoff. Another factor in this is that the OPT fuel tanks don't provide a oxidizer-only alternative apart from the OPT drop tank.

Secondly, it's a flat rate for the compressor, producing 4.50 of SuperCompressedAir per "tick" in resource panel. It always works at maximum capacity it seems, meaning it doesn't care if it's overproducing. This means it can't be adjusted to produce just the right amount of SuperCompressedAir for a certain number of ARIE engines. Causes issues in designing crafts with it. This could be somewhat fixed by adding a tweakable limiter to it, or that it would produce just enough for a certain number of engines, and that you can then design the craft with a certain part ratio of compressor/engine.

Right now I could only see that one compressor isn't enough for two engines and it's way over the needs of one engine. I hit some kind of a sweet spot for it around 40% thrust with two engines and one compressor on the runway. It also seemed that the engines use up to 2.0 of SuperCompressedAir per "tick" on the runway, but I couldn't get it exactly on 2.0.

Anyhow, the vessel designers need some better utilities to balance the resource cycles, and maybe even during flight. Otherwise please keep bringing us more of this OPT awesomeness!

Edited by Paranox

I've tested it on multiple occasions, with other mods and without, and with active texture management, and with updated versions of all dependencies. But every time I use this mod, The game crashes to desktop shortly after selecting one of the parts in this mod. It doesn't seem to care which part either. I've only made it to the runway once with this mod, and it crashed before I was able to stage the first engines.

I would really appreciate some help, as the parts in this mod look awesome as hell.

It would also be really cool if you could add a small Stock Mk2 to B9 Mk2 adapter. For some reason the B9 mk2 parts are a different shape to the stock mk2 parts.

I've tested it on multiple occasions, with other mods and without, and with active texture management, and with updated versions of all dependencies. But every time I use this mod, The game crashes to desktop shortly after selecting one of the parts in this mod. It doesn't seem to care which part either. I've only made it to the runway once with this mod, and it crashed before I was able to stage the first engines.

I would really appreciate some help, as the parts in this mod look awesome as hell.

It would also be really cool if you could add a small Stock Mk2 to B9 Mk2 adapter. For some reason the B9 mk2 parts are a different shape to the stock mk2 parts.

Please upload the log from one of these crashes so that it can be looked at what causes the crash.

Have it combined with STX and did not encounter the problem of a memory leak.

Sooo excited for the next version.

Edited by Alewx

Shuttle? I thought more of a massive carrier :D

Really a SSTO? Damn I suck at building them.

OH! NO not an SSTO XD it's a shuttle that start with the fuel on it's belly, like the real shuttle ( exept 133 ton alone, 1380 ton with all the launching stuff) with the 2 lab's the huge cargo bay and the 8 mk2 passager pods on the wings, there is clearly no way it could be an SSTO.

At landing, the pilot gives his place to the team's medic cuz you need surgeon's precision! ~40m/s speed or less, less then 5m/s vertical speed and pushing the nose down at the last moment to avoid wrecking the tail, not forgeting the lag...

Edited by bloodbird

OH! NO not an SSTO XD it's a shuttle that start with the fuel on it's belly, like the real shuttle ( exept 133 ton alone, 1380 ton with all the launching stuff) with the 2 lab's the huge cargo bay and the 8 mk2 passager pods on the wings, there is clearly no way it could be an SSTO.

At landing, the pilot gives his place to the team's medic cuz you need surgeon's precision! ~40m/s speed or less, less then 5m/s vertical speed and pushing the nose down at the last moment to avoid wrecking the tail, not forgeting the lag...

With FAR or stock? that is far to high in requirements for me, I barly got home one plane once:D

I so damn struggle to build a shuttle that looks good and is able to fly stable home.

It is like, cool looking shape and good flight ability can not get combined in a plane.

I want to make it look like a shuttle, not like a plane and not as thick as yours, but about the same length, and the ability to fly home safly even it there is no fuel left. what do I wrong argh. CoM in front of CoL is sure, But i quite don't get it right.

The parts are awesome and give a great shape and look, but there seems to be a lack of engines for lifting their weight.

Bug: I now the arie engines are wip but the compressors are unwilling to work if they are placed in symmetry.

Ah the parts look even better now! Awesome!

They make for great looking futuristic ships!

Not sure I like the new arie engines though, they add yet another resource,

and I kinda like being able to place them anywhere instead of yet another stack engine...