[1.1.2] Realism Overhaul v11.0.0 May 8

Felger

Anyone else have a problem with KER? It says my TWR with a Titan II GLV is about 0.03 in the VAB. During flight, the rocket flies normally, but KER says it is 0.00/1.80 TWR

Had the same problem. Expand the KER window and set reference body to Earth. By default it's set to the Sun.

For some weird reason the Taurus command pod (other Taurus parts are visible) is invisible in my game. I know it's not fully supported, but it's a WIP I intend to.. redesign by myself anyway (tiny RCS that are added but RO are visible, only the pod itself isn't). Anyone got a solution for this thingy?

EDIT: To be exatcly clear, the menu icon of the command pod is missing too.

Edited by Rothank

Anyone else have a problem with KER? It says my TWR with a Titan II GLV is about 0.03 in the VAB. During flight, the rocket flies normally, but KER says it is 0.00/1.80 TWR

Same here.

EDIT:

Had the same problem. Expand the KER window and set reference body to Earth. By default it's set to the Sun.

OK, all right, thanks!

I cannot get RCS to work at all. I did a clean reinstall with just RO and RSS and dependencies through CKAN. Same problem.

I've attached RCS thrusters to the outside of tanks and ensured fuel inside is matching the requirements on RCS thrusters, but still get the "consumers not receiving monoprop" in engineers report.

Even the MK1 pod, which comes with built in RCS thrusters and pre-filled tank with correct fuel will not work.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vfn1aej7s5jk6j2/output_log.txt?dl=0

That's odd. In my install translation mode doesn't work.

Okay I've got a problem. It's harder to maneuver in space even in RCS. I'm also using RSS and it's impossible.

I have got the same. I am using mechjeb, and with that it can't seem to be able to orientate a Mk2-1 pod with extra rcs thrusters on it at all. use the buttons next to the navball to do the same it lumbers around like fat drunkard stranded on his back and is unable to settle on the correct attitude.

I've just finished my RO install (manual, no CKAN), and i notice two minor problems:

I do have an additional part-"folder" in the VAB/SPH with all the "Non-RO" parts in it, but for some reason they all show up in the fuel-tanks section aswell.

(I should probably post the following in the RSS thread instead...) From the last (pre-Kopernicus) version of RO/real solar system i am used to be able to switch launch sites. Is this function gone?

Maybe i just haven't figured out how to do it, yet.

EDIT:

For some reason many parts end up in the wrong section. The AJE engines (amongst many others) are in the Electric Storage section for me, as an example.

I'll just remove Filter Extensions for now. Hopefully it doesn't cause any issues.

Edited by Tonnz

Hi, I seem to be having problems with reentry heating in the new RO,

I have a procedural heat shield attached to a mk 1 command pod, and on reentry, the heatshield stays intact but the pod explodes.

The pod is definitely entirely shielded by the heatshield. As the .... reenters, the ablation slowly increases to around 0.1 kg/sec on the command pod and around 0.3 kg/sec on the ablative shielding, and then at 55 km the pod explodes without warning, with both the pod and the heatshield still having almost all of their ablator.

The log shows absolutely nothing, I've messed around with the cfg files, inclulding setting standardSpecificHeatCapacity to double its original value, but nothing changes the fact that the pod invariably explodes at around 55 km.

Any explanation?

Tonnz: Yep, see RSS OP. That's a separate plugin now.

KAO: Yep, perfectly possible. :)

plomp90: The procedural heat shield has not been updated for KSP 1.0 / newDRE, and should be considered broken, sorry. That needs an update to PParts.

plomp90: The procedural heat shield has not been updated for KSP 1.0 / newDRE, and should be considered broken, sorry. That needs an update to PParts.

Okay, but I'm not sure if that explains why the heatshield stayed intact while the pod exploded. Also, is there something in the procedural heatshield .cfg that I can tweak to make sure my pilot survives his reentry?

Edit: I increased the maxtemp on the procedural heatshield to 60,000, and still the pod invariably explodes. Furthermore, the mk 1 pod actually has its own heatshield, which should be protecting the pod itself, but doesn't seem to do anything... Ideas?

Edit 2: Okay I've got it, it is just the procedural heatshield. It seems to be transferring massive amounts of heat to the mk1 pod until it explodes. Gonna edit some cfgs to figure this one out, I don't want to have to send a rescue mission for my first kerbal flight.

Edit 3: I WAS WRONG. Even without a procedural heat shield, the command pod mk 1 explodes out of nowhere at around 43 k, and this time, I have no idea why. Log says nothing, I'm at a loss. Launching a mk 1 straight up to 300 km and letting it fall straight down doesn't cause it to explode, it seems to be only coming in from orbit that does it, which suggests it might have something to do with the timeframe the heating occurs in. Would like a solution to this problem or an explanation, because I use mk 1s for pretty much everything...

Edited by plomp90

Im not sure where else to put this but... whenever I launch a ship, at around 6000 km my camera drops way below the craft like the mass changed, and my craft flips around seemingly random, I tried switching launch clamps because maybe the Redstone clamp had something to do with it but no avail. I'm not new to RO and i havent seen anything like this.

Edited by Shadow79473
info, yo

My game crashes every time i try to revert to VAB or return to space center. Error logs say it's running out of memory but i am running on a fast gaming computer with aggressive active texture management and open GL. Never did this in .90 any ideas?

Edited by Tevir

My game crashes every time i try to revert to VAB or return to space center. Error logs say it's running out of memory but i am running on a fast gaming computer with aggressive active texture management and open GL. Never did this in .90 any ideas?

Well off the top of my head, you might be having problems with the memory leak from the new heat model.

Try downloading Temperature Gauge Killer and see if it stops crashing.

Edited by weeble

Does anyone know where I can find user created craft files for RSS scale solar system? They don't have to be real replicas either. And I don't mind downloading more mods. Thanks!

Try looking up the ksp rss craft megathread (most of the stuff will be outdated or lost with old saves, but give it a try). There was also a dedicated thread for rss craft files somewhere on the forum, but the stuff was for 0.25 if I recall correctly.

I had the same problem recently. Here is NathanKell's solution:

you need to set "onDemandLoadOnMissing" in rsskopernicus.cfg to false. Worked for me. It still crashes sometimes but that's probably really memory.

It seems that almost none of the engines are throttle able, and this mod is missing any good engines that can throttle. Like, The Merlin engine on the Falcon 9. In the hover tests, it seems to be throtteable to an extent, and we're missing any good engines to use on Mars, or even a good medium engine, like the SuperDraco. Shouldn't the Merlin at least have some throttle control?

Edited by JT2227

I think most engines can fully throttle?

If you want something for a Mars Lander or so, then i'd recommend the Aestus II. Or really for almost anything orbit related, that thing brings 55kn at 340 ISP, which is quite the thing for a non-cryogenic rocket. Not to mention you can use it's fuel at the same time for high efficiency RCS thrusters.

The Superdraco, in comparision, brings 77kn at 235 ISP. In that case you'd be better of with the space shuttle styled stock radial engines, although they're quite heavy.

Btw: Can someone recommend me a good addon pack for engines? The KWR support is good, but i still feel like there are some holes to fill, e.g around the 300kn to 1.2k cryo and generally from 1.5k to 7k.

Also, what is the best way to deal with engine farings? Especially using a small engine below a larger tank is a bit of an issue, even with proc farings.

Edited by Temeter