Kopernicus Core - Version NAN - Outdated

_Augustus_

Okay, so here's the thread... I have Planet Factory CE, StarSystems, and just about every mod worth running (or the juciest parts thereof) installed right now. I have hit the limit with respect to how many planets I can add to Planet Factory, I have four stars in my galaxy right now and two of them have only one planetary system in them. =( Urania has wonderful planets but the orbits have the planets glitching through each other! =0

I wrote me a spreadsheet that does titius-bode SMA calculations for me so I am able to arrange things nice and respectable, acknowledging that some planets are intended to be rogue and others have artistically devious orbits...

I'm poking around with this thing and it is just too complex. =0

I mean I made a copy of old Sol in my game, then I created a solar system, (literally "Solar.system"), listed the planets I wanted, copied the files in, set the SMA and the parent body and was basically done. I'm looking at this and it's a mess, not only are there millions of dependencies, but all the configs are combined so to shuffle a new solar system together, the entire thing needs to be pulled apart and re-combined, it's a mess! =(

I actually got it to work but I'm not liking it yet. I mean first it does waaay too much, even backing out the launchpads configuration, which would be nice to have if they were usable and correct for the map..... Then it nukes the solar system, and forces it to be re-built through the config file, ignoring anything other mods may have done, especially StarSystems (which does more things right than wrong!)

I guess I'm really miffed by all my favorite planets that I had kinda gotten used to, such as Fragum re-positioned just inside Minmus, Deen, and the loon-min-chi stack that I put around Eve.... =\ It's super nice to be able to specify a galaxy and then drill down and set up individual starsystems, leaving the stock orbits exactly where they should be. =\

I guess I had gotten spoiled rotten by the ability to shuffle planets around like playing cards... hmm... =\

Okay, so here's the thread... I have Planet Factory CE, StarSystems, and just about every mod worth running (or the juciest parts thereof) installed right now. I have hit the limit with respect to how many planets I can add to Planet Factory, I have four stars in my galaxy right now and two of them have only one planetary system in them. =( Urania has wonderful planets but the orbits have the planets glitching through each other! =0

I wrote me a spreadsheet that does titius-bode SMA calculations for me so I am able to arrange things nice and respectable, acknowledging that some planets are intended to be rogue and others have artistically devious orbits...

I'm poking around with this thing and it is just too complex. =0

I mean I made a copy of old Sol in my game, then I created a solar system, (literally "Solar.system"), listed the planets I wanted, copied the files in, set the SMA and the parent body and was basically done. I'm looking at this and it's a mess, not only are there millions of dependencies, but all the configs are combined so to shuffle a new solar system together, the entire thing needs to be pulled apart and re-combined, it's a mess! =(

I actually got it to work but I'm not liking it yet. I mean first it does waaay too much, even backing out the launchpads configuration, which would be nice to have if they were usable and correct for the map..... Then it nukes the solar system, and forces it to be re-built through the config file, ignoring anything other mods may have done, especially StarSystems (which does more things right than wrong!)

I guess I'm really miffed by all my favorite planets that I had kinda gotten used to, such as Fragum re-positioned just inside Minmus, Deen, and the loon-min-chi stack that I put around Eve.... =\ It's super nice to be able to specify a galaxy and then drill down and set up individual starsystems, leaving the stock orbits exactly where they should be. =\

I guess I had gotten spoiled rotten by the ability to shuffle planets around like playing cards... hmm... =\

Totally off-topic. This thread is for my mod, not old PF and Starsystems.

And that Den, Yukon, and loon-min-chi stack are the one planet pack I can't ressurect, as the owner is inactive and the license is evil.

1. Someone is going to have to figure out the procedural terrain generation used to make Joker. Right now it's

just showing the terrain for Minmus... I'm seeing lots and lots of minmus in your mod so this should be high

priority.

2. Map decals, notably certain volcanoes and other features.

3. There has to be a guide/tools/scripts/etc for people with pf modpacks as extensive as mine, and as heavily

customized as mine, to be able to migrate with less pain...

4. Everywhere possible, make things simpler and less hacky.... This stacking kopernicus (where the planet's

name and bad joke are configured) on top of Real Solar Systems (which actually applies the map and coloration)

is a real nightmare when ppl like me, who runs a multiplayer modpak has to deal with it. =(

1. Someone is going to have to figure out the procedural terrain generation used to make Joker. Right now it's

just showing the terrain for Minmus... I'm seeing lots and lots of minmus in your mod so this should be high

priority.

2. Map decals, notably certain volcanoes and other features.

3. There has to be a guide/tools/scripts/etc for people with pf modpacks as extensive as mine, and as heavily

customized as mine, to be able to migrate with less pain...

4. Everywhere possible, make things simpler and less hacky.... This stacking kopernicus (where the planet's

name and bad joke are configured) on top of Real Solar Systems (which actually applies the map and coloration)

is a real nightmare when ppl like me, who runs a multiplayer modpak has to deal with it. =(

Yeah, I've looked at _Augustus_' methods of doing this. It seems he didn't really flesh out the entire possibilities of RSS before throwing up his hands and moving onto the next thing. I might make a PF Revived too, one that (hopefully) doesn't break other mods as you say this fork does.

Sure thing!

BTW, I'm naming the Chariklo analogue Raina. I just felt like it would fit....

(I actually stole it from that Kerbol's Asteroid Belt thread, because the guy gave up making a planet named Rainia. I changed it to Raina, as it, like Erin, can also be a name of a person...)

i didnt give up per say, im going to try and make it again with less, universe conquering by Rainia, dunno why its soi was everywhere, i was moving relative to the planet everywhere, so i went going in circles next to Berania once, it was kinda cool. :D

apon deletion everything was fine, im hoping if i try again it doesnt do it again.

but now i have questions for this.

1. Are planets made with planet factory compatible with this mod through some editing of sorts?

2. From what ive read, RSS is used to change the terrain of planets (without real life sizes), do we still use the heightmap/colormap/etc.?

3. Does it work mostly the same way as planet factory did?

4. Assuming the answer to all the above is yes, will there be less moons taking over my universe? :P

5. How RAM intensive is this?

Thats all i can think of for questions now.

Okay, I really want to use some mods with my mod, but unfortunately it appears as if this is a memory-guzzler like the original. ATM either takes forever or doesn't work, and OpenGL crashes my game before the load screen.

Help anyone?

I got the basic version of ATM to work with this mod. It just takes a REALLY REALLY long time for it to configure everything. I think It took me about 2+ hours for ATM to compress eveything with the Sentar and TransKeptunian systems installed, with a couple restarts of KSP. I also have KW, RemoteTech, EVE 7.4, DRE, and several other graphics mods, with ATM basic, and no open gl, win32 KSP. All together KSP was using an average of 2.3-2.4 gB of RAM.

I'm not entirely sure if this is necessary, but I took a config file for Planet Factory from an older version of ATM and edited it to work with Kopenicus_PF. I have this saved as Kopernicus_PF.cfg in GameData/BoulderCo/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/

ACTIVE_TEXTURE_MANAGER_CONFIG
{
folder = Kopernicus_PF/.*
enabled = true
{
compress = false
mipmaps = true
scale = 1
max_size = 0
make_not_readable = false
}
}

Note: My KSP seems to run fine, but I haven't yet tried to land on any of these planets yet.

EDIT: Also, I cannot get this mod to run without DDSLoader installed. Is this intentional? If so I suggest adding it to the list of required mods for this.

Expansion Packs:

All of these require the main mod and it's dependencies!

Serious, included in main pack, no longer supported

Urania (WIP) (License: CC-BY-NC-SA), originally by Sido

JTG Planets, originally by JTG

Trans-Keptunian (WIP), originally by Gravitasi, license CC-BY 4.0

Boris, originally by medikohl

Fearless, originally by medikohl

Wot, originally by medikohl

So only a couple of these have links. I tracked down JTG and it seems that its still geared towards PF. Without some form of guidence, I can see this becoming a goat rope for some people. If you're supporting these packs please at worst throw us a linky with some guidence on how to incorporate this into your project?

Which, by the way, is working smashingly on my Linux x64 install. Not having to worry about that pesky 32bit memory ceiling makes digesting the goodness of this whole thing much easier!

EDIT: Also, I cannot get this mod to run without DDSLoader installed. Is this intentional? If so I suggest adding it to the list of required mods for this.

DDSLoader is included in RSS, which is listed as a dependency and there are no instructions on removing this from the package specifically.

I am running this in .25 - my completed contracts keep disapearing, and the open contracts menu in the flight screen keeps emptying itself, although the contracts remain open (when this happens, I become unable to complete the contract when I fulfill the conditions (such as plant flag on Mun)). Anyone else had this or fixed it?

I am running this in .25 - my completed contracts keep disapearing, and the open contracts menu in the flight screen keeps emptying itself, although the contracts remain open (when this happens, I become unable to complete the contract when I fulfill the conditions (such as plant flag on Mun)). Anyone else had this or fixed it?

Yes, i had this issue too. Wasn't able to fix it. But, in case you're not aware, if you press alt-F12 and open up the debug window there is a place to manually manage your contracts.

Yes, i had this issue too. Wasn't able to fix it. But, in case you're not aware, if you press alt-F12 and open up the debug window there is a place to manually manage your contracts.

I think I fixed it: I deleted custom biomes, and the problem stopped. I have no idea why that worked.

When I first installed, I did not install custom biomes, and the problem started occurring (I think) after I later added it in.

I actually already began working on adding them. Unfortunately Fearless kept having only a few islands and an ocean.... so I deleted it for the time being.

I'm making Fearless and it's moons become moons of kaiser to make them more interesting.