KSC Buildings Lock Up / Can't Click on Anything / Firing Kerbal Crashes Game

It's possible that a rescue mission came up, I ignored/didn't notice it, and it expired, however. In either case, the "rescued" kerbal is not showing on the roster. Adding him (as though fired) seems to have fixed things.

Yeah, sounds like the exact same issue. He gets kicked off the roster when the contract goes dormant.

What I didn't know - and what you may want to mention in the OP - is that if it IS because you've uninstalled/updated a mod that's messed around with an agency, all of the contracts of theirs will show up in the mission control as blank squares with nothing but the contract's title.

Yes, this is also a problem. I have been lax in posting that info here since this is primarily a "stock" forum, but it's probably something that I ought to include.

Ok... really strange thing. I've been backing up saves when they are "fixed" but they keep breaking after every new save. :(...

Can the quick fix mod automatically correct these if found (change to "assigned" and "0= Recover")?

It might be that your kerbals have a TOD associated with them, and that the game is still deleting them. Try setting it to Infinity and see if that helps.

And unfortunately, no, I cannot add functionality to auto catch this (I've tried). The problem is triggered when initiating a save. Sadly, in order for me to get access to the contract and progress data, I have to (basically) make the game save the data to hand me. Since the process of saving is broken, that creates a bit of difficulty in retrieving the corrupted data.

Cheers,

~Claw

Good to see there is a fix for this, I had this one too....

@Devs : Since the error is in the save file, are you interested in my save file for looking at this bug ? My game is still very much at the beginning, and technically I only have 4 Kerbals... 3 in active duty, and if I remember correctly one in orbit (or dead, not sure anymore)..Just drop me a pn when you want it.

So I arrive at KSC this morning only to find it is barricaded. I was able to smash a window and get into R&D, but the door is barricaded from the outside. I can only assume this is the work of Kerbal rights activists. Probably something regarding cloning or recognizing clones as people, I'm not sure. Some time back, during a station building missio,n we ended up with Jeb staring at Jeb on a spacewalk -- an accidental cloning, I don't want to get into it -- regardless, I'm locked in/out/whatever.

Enough about that, onto the solution: I contacted payroll about adding a second entry for Jeb in the books. Thus recognizing clones as people and ensuring any payroll disputes are handled, but I'm still locked up. I'm considering climbing back out the window, going into hiding for a few years, and starting a new space program under a different corporate identity. Here's our mission history as per my company laptop. Any help is appreciated. http://sprunge.us/TQDY

Thanks Claw this really got me out of a jam!

Awesome, glad it worked. :D

@Devs : Since the error is in the save file, are you interested in my save file for looking at this bug ?

This particular bug is pretty well documented, but thank you for the offer!

Thanks. Guess I'll go back to sandbox then and see if that helps before a 1.0 update... :(

Hopefully this will be sorted out by then.... :/

Probably something regarding cloning or recognizing clones as people, I'm not sure. Some time back, during a station building missio,n we ended up with Jeb staring at Jeb on a spacewalk -- an accidental cloning, I don't want to get into it -- regardless, I'm locked in/out/whatever.

Yep, it would appear that Jeb is indeed on two missions at the same time.

I would recommend finding and deleting one of him. Perhaps a seventh day scenario...

PART
{
name = mk2LanderCabin
cid = 4291891828
uid = 1380911940
mid = 1096365967
launchID = 31
parent = 0
position = 0,0,0
rotation = 0,0,0,1
mirror = 1,1,1
symMethod = Radial
istg = 0
dstg = 0
sqor = -1
sidx = -1
attm = 0
srfN = None, -1
attN = bottom, 1
attN = top, 18
mass = 2.5
temp = -202.0515
expt = 0.5
state = 0
connected = True
attached = True
flag = Squad/Flags/stripes
rTrf = mk2LanderCabin (Mun bunker)
modCost = 0
[COLOR="#FF0000"]crew = Jebediah Kerman[/COLOR]
crew = Bob Kerman

or...

PART
{
name = crewCabin
cid = 4291855048
uid = 309631705
mid = 1096365967
launchID = 31
parent = 0
position = 0,-1.39046859741211,0
rotation = 0,0,0,1
mirror = 1,1,1
symMethod = Radial
istg = 0
dstg = 0
sqor = -1
sidx = -1
attm = 0
srfN = None, -1
attN = top, 0
attN = bottom, 6
mass = 2.5
temp = -201.8966
expt = 0.5
state = 0
connected = True
attached = True
flag = Squad/Flags/stripes
rTrf = crewCabin
modCost = 0
crew = Bill Kerman
[COLOR="#FF0000"]crew = Jebediah Kerman[/COLOR]
crew = Podly Kerman

Which is on the same vessel. You should be able to get away with simply deleting the entire "crew = Jebediah Kerman" line for one of the capsules. Make sure you don't leave any extra returns or white spaces in place of the blank line.

Cheers,

~Claw

OK so i have the same problem with the research centre, sph etc but i don't remember doing anything with my roster for the kerbals, and yes my version is modded..

i have tried the patch did not work so am in need of assistance, also how do i give you my persistant save file do icopy it then post it on here?

OK so i have the same problem with the research centre, sph etc but i don't remember doing anything with my roster for the kerbals, and yes my version is modded..

i have tried the patch did not work so am in need of assistance, also how do i give you my persistant save file do icopy it then post it on here?

You can upload the save file to pastebin or a simlar text sharing service. The save can be found in KSPFolder\Saves\SaveName\persistent.sfs

In addition to what Trigger says, realize the patch does not fix a broken save, it can only prevent it from happening. After you upload it, we can have a look and tell you where it needs fixing. :)

Cheers

~Claw

I guess my question is how to i provide the persistence file?

You can check this thread for instructions on where to find the save file and suggestions on where to upload it. There are a lot of instructions in that post, but just look for the ones that talk about the persistence file.

ok here is the persistance file much appreciated...thanks

http://filebin.ca/1tRL7C0buWOH/persistent.sfs

It looks like your kerbals are okay (which is all my mod fixes). However, I see a quite a few part test contracts. Most of them are engine tests, but there is also one that looks like some sort of telescope contract. If you did any part tests with mod parts, then later removed the mods, it will break the save game in the same way. In that case, you'll have to go find the offending part test contract and delete it (or rename the part to something that still exists).

Hope that helps. I wish I could tell you for sure which one it is, but hopefully you have some idea if you removed mods recently.

Cheers,

~Claw

Thanks for having a look i appreciate the feed back however i got a query wich i found by scrolling through the completed mission params. In case of the telescope mod yeah i remeber doing that good spot, but the mod is still on there because i love telecopes...but if i were to accept a mission and the agent tied into that mission was in fact a mod agent and i deleted that mod would it still have the same effect? Mod is Dmagic it was for orbital sciencey stuff...so if i were to change the parameter instead of that mod agent maybe change it to a stock ksp agent?Advice please..

Edited by Mindog101

ok now i figured it out, here is persistence file https://www.dropbox.com/s/n09fmnup907fbxx/persistent.sfs?dl=0

I also put in my Dxdiag file https://www.dropbox.com/s/rb6n2keu8u6163l/DxDiag.txt?dl=0

again I already checked from the progress, contract, and roster sections, and all the crew names in the progress and contract groups showed up in the roster. Its pretty big... anything you can find in it that'll help this bug much appreciated!

Can anyone else check, if they have any flags placed in their saves when they break?

I've deleted a lot of craft etc from my save, and it may just be I deleted the one bugged ship or something, but I'll try and rule it out and find out which craft it was. It may have been a flag, but I did not think the game cared if the kerbals that planted them were alive/dead/in the manifest or not?

I was having the same issue as everyone else, but no problems with the crew areas in the save game... so I went through recent mods... I just updated the Docking Port Alignment Indicator to 6.1. Rolled it back and everything is fixed.

I was having this problem, but couldn't find any misplaced kerbals or modpart contracts. I downloaded the stockbugfix pack, and the problems seem to have mostly gone away. But occasionally, it comes back. Then, I open the F12 thing, and press clear input locks, and that brings everything back to normal.

I was having this problem, but couldn't find any misplaced kerbals or modpart contracts. I downloaded the stockbugfix pack, and the problems seem to have mostly gone away. But occasionally, it comes back. Then, I open the F12 thing, and press clear input locks, and that brings everything back to normal.

I Had the Same problem...As soon as i left the Kerbal-Recruit-Center, i was unable to click anything....

all my kerbals were in the crue Rooster, but there was one Kerbal, where his status was "avaiable" but he was In a mission, so his status should have been "crew". When I changed it to crew, it worked again.

Edited by ChrisTelmeth_körman

Hey guys. Given the incredible amount of lag time I've had with this thread, please repost if you're still having problems. I'd like to help, but I also don't want to spend time on people's saves if you've already moved on.

Sorry for the delays, I've been on a trip.

Cheers,

~Claw

- - - Updated - - -

I tried but it didn't work. I'm not sure i have the same problem though heres my file

http://pastebin.com/PAwKg1N5

I see two things...

Jeding is showing "Available" when he should be "Assigned" (down in the Roster section)

Corkin Kerman is missing from the Roster section. You'll need to add an entry using the instructions in the first post.

Cheers,

~Claw

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.