Rover gravity manipulator 1.12

Tuareg

And an other new release from your Lunatic scientists:

Theeeee Rover gravity manipulator!

A module to manipulate the gravity affecting your rover

You can choose which planet or moon settings you want to apply, turn it on and flyyyyyyyyyy.

Sadly our scientist were not able to solve the problem of conflicting with engine electronics.

[Moderator removed defunct website link]

vp1w07B.jpg

license

source included in download

from now on i release on [Moderator removed defunct website link] only, sry

Edited by James Kerman
link removed

Interesting. This would allow to test rovers and landers more easily.

Does it allow to turn off the atmosphere, in order to negate its effects? (Sure, they will be miniscule at rover speeds, but still...)

Very useful, I've had a number of rovers that work well on Kerbin completely fail on lower gravity worlds.

Edit: I guess it could work to test landers too?

sadly it cant negate atmosphere so it doesnt work for landers

new model is implemented as well as new hotkey added (numpad 5)

3mgHSAI.png

- - - Updated - - -

Can I drive on the actual Mun with Kerbin gravity? Now that would be nice! :cool:

yes, you have to take its huge energy consumption, but yes, definitely. you cant use it to launch crafts though, its electronics are getting disabled if there are any kind of engines on the craft. (except props so you can still create little rcs driven levitating crafts with setting the gravity to Gilly :cool: )

LyV1O6L.png

Edited by Tuareg

It seems that Your amazing invention is the only way to get the Rovers to adequately drive around Mune and Dune.

So, two questions:

1) How to reduce (better - off) power consumption?

2) How to embed it directly in the wheels of the Rover?

1) in the .cfg Consumption = 0.5 change to whatever lower value you want

2) copy the MODULE from the .cfg into the wheel's .cfg. it can be a problem if you activate it with hotkey you will activate all 4 wheel in the same time and you will make a rocket from your rover. if you activate it with the toggle button only on one wheel, it should work fine

1) in the .cfg Consumption = 0.5 change to whatever lower value you want

Thanks for the reply. But the problem remained. In the config I set consumption = 0.0. But electricity still disappears instantly. The only thing I could do is to install RTG with the parameter "rate = 10000".

Edited by CCCP

So, I was thinking about this and came up with a thought. Yes, only one thought. My brain is really busy these days and that's all I could afford.

Oh, right, I should probably tell you what the thought was, shouldn't I?

Right then... I was thinking that having options to increase/decrease the gravity factor in addition to the "like this body's gravity" settings would be useful, along with a readout of the current gravity factor being applied to the craft. Perhaps put the change rate at 0.25, thus allowing for quarter-gravity changes. Then, all you'd need is a reset function to disable the gravity modification and reset the device to the default for the current body.

So, I was thinking about this and came up with a thought. Yes, only one thought. My brain is really busy these days and that's all I could afford.

Oh, right, I should probably tell you what the thought was, shouldn't I?

Right then... I was thinking that having options to increase/decrease the gravity factor in addition to the "like this body's gravity" settings would be useful, along with a readout of the current gravity factor being applied to the craft. Perhaps put the change rate at 0.25, thus allowing for quarter-gravity changes. Then, all you'd need is a reset function to disable the gravity modification and reset the device to the default for the current body.

originally i had a slider for that reason but the problem is that many mun would require 0.01 steps but then i can set the max only for like 1. if i want the max value as 20 then the minimum step is 0.1 so yeah. i just removed it

• 2 weeks later...

i'm trying to use this part, it seems to just flicker off whenever i try to toggle it, it seems to work randomly (perhaps when i have enough velocity, it seems like that might be it)

anyway, tried right clicking it, the hotkey, also have altered the cfg file to lower consumption

i'm trying to use this part, it seems to just flicker off whenever i try to toggle it, it seems to work randomly (perhaps when i have enough velocity, it seems like that might be it)

anyway, tried right clicking it, the hotkey, also have altered the cfg file to lower consumption

there can be 2 causes

low electricity (it takes a lot and need batteries to run)

rocket engine on the craft (it works with wheeled or rcs propelled crafts only)

Edited by Tuareg

• 2 weeks later...

Version 1.12

bugfix:

energy consumption can now properly set up in .cfg (the default is still high but now if you change it in .cfg, it will work properly)

it appears in editor in the right alignment (not upside down like it used to)

moved to Utility

Edited by Tuareg

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a config file so that one may disable the anti-OP system (no rockets) ?

nope, but here is a plugin just for you http://www.speedyshare.com/AeyX7/agModule.zip i just dont see any point of playing with it

Someone should make a cloud city on Jool with that!!!!

just be careful dont run out of juice :) it can hit hard...

Edited by Tuareg

• 1 month later...