[Currently Unofficial] A thread for naming Version 1.0 once it goes gold!

Bandock

Should there a subtitle?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Should there a subtitle?

• Yes
    • No

I know that is far too soon for me to start such a thread, but I have just thought up some interesting names/subtitles for Version 1.0.

Name Idea #1: "That's one small step for a Kerbal, one giant leap for Kerbalkind!" - Neil Kerman (Well, a reference to Neil Armstrong :P )

Name Idea #2: "Golden Age of Kerbalkind"

Those are the only two I have come up with so far. I was going to make it a poll, but that would limit it too much. Instead, I would like to encourage anybody in the community to come up with a name or subtitle for Version 1.0 once it goes gold. For all we know, your name could be chosen (or something very similar could pop up).

Heck, imagine if we ended up with a Gold Hype Train! :P

Anyhow, throw in some suggestions for names. :D

Note: I might have some other name ideas in the future, which will be in future posts on this thread.

Kerbal Space Program

Yes, I do like minimalism, why do you ask? 1.0 is a very special release, it's the game as envisioned, nothing more, nothing less. It's the very idea which those three words have referred to since the beginning. In my opinion adding a sub label to that specific release would play down the importance of reaching that milestone. Give names to any other releases, but 1.0 is special.

Kerbal Space Program

Yes, I do like minimalism, why do you ask? 1.0 is a very special release, it's the game as envisioned, nothing more, nothing less. It's the very idea which those three words have referred to since the beginning. In my opinion adding a sub label to that specific release would play down the importance of reaching that milestone. Give names to any other releases, but 1.0 is special.

1 billion percent agree.

Kerbal Space Program

Hard to imagine a better answer than this.

Kerbal Space Program

As much as I'd like to have a special name for that release, I have to agree. But it has to be forced into golden italics to refer to that version. The art for the release of 1.0 needs to be showing everything in the game, not just a major feature. Maybe even some special trailer featuring how far the Kerbal Space Program has come.

Kerbal Space Program

Definitely just Kerbal Space Program. Minimalism is the best choice here, I think.

And we need Nassault to do an epic trailer for it!

As much as I'd like to have a special name for that release, I have to agree. But it has to be forced into golden italics to refer to that version. The art for the release of 1.0 needs to be showing everything in the game, not just a major feature. Maybe even some special trailer featuring how far the Kerbal Space Program has come.

I tried to put some BBCode golden italics, but it doesn't look right. :(

They could make the Red-White-Blue logo Gold-Silver. Or give it a nice touch-up.

I also support just Kerbal Space Program. That's what's being released, right? :wink:

The trailer could be clips of hundreds of Youtube videos: Danny2462, Scott Manley, Nassault, and other assorted YouTube-rs who I can't remember right now, in a big grid, switching around with different audio tracks from the videos playing. "Hullo, it's Scott Manley..." *Insert orchestral music* *explosions*. Then it would fade out, and have a timeline with all the versions on it, something like 1-2 seconds per version, completely silent. Near the end the time between update advances would increase, with the update before 1.0.0 on the screen for something like 10 seconds.

Then it would fade to black.

*INSERT KSP SOUNDTRACK HERE*

And then you've got the full game features displaying while the theme plays in the background.

Yeah, minimalism is the way to go.

If they DID have a subtitle maybe "The eagle has landed"? The development of KSP being the space race and 1.0 representing the culmination of that journey? But also not the end of it, as the game will keep expanding beyond that, just as the apollo program and space exploration in general did.

Kerbal Space Program

I can see the video for release now (inspired part by the Build, Fly, Dream trailer). A beautiful trailer with a glorious score.

Slow start, single simple rocket launch, the same we have all seen. Ramping up in speed to a montage of some of the best, most creative mission moments from the community over the years. with replicas of real missions, crazy out there whackjobian rockets, to futuristic looking crafts.

At the most excited part of the score, the loudest and most varied part of the music, it cuts to dead silence, showing a NASA based SLS on the launch pad, but we can only see the black outline of it's figure with the Mun hanging just over the LES on the top of the rocket.

A countdown is heard, in Kerbalese of course. Five, four three, main engines ignite, two, one, the solid rockets. Just as the clamps release and the ship begins to rise, it fades to white, and "Kerbal Space Program" logo appears.

Heck, imagine if we ended up with a Gold Hype Train! :P

Gold is too heavy and fragile to make a HypeTrain out of. It'd explode from the hype! So yeah, no gold HypeTrain. Gold doesn't even look good on a train in my opinion.

Also:

XDXG7ZW.png

This should be the logo for KSP v1.0.0. Click the image to see it on a black background.

Edited by GregroxMun

I think anything besides simply Kerbal Space Program would both be pretentious AND would not do the moment justice, if such an illogical thing could happen.

However, it should be an event. The main page should have "video feed" of a craft on the pad, with a countdown on it, for the week leading up to launch. A "news ticker" tracking the last development milestones and other random roleplay stuff "…2015-12-20 15:30 makefile ksp-linux-10.322a2 completed…2015-12-22 09:26 package upload to Steam initiated…2015-12-22 09:37 Bob Kerman has requested new bags of panuts…", dumb stuff like that. The video should be intercut with Kerbal reporters "covering" the event, news conferences with Gene and the Orange Suits, etc. Since we can't understand 'em anyway, they can be randomly cut in and out and no one will care. It should be a big deal.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.