[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

1 hour ago, Beeso3 said:

How could I make the glass on my Kerbal's helmets orange and cloudy? I see a bunch of screenshots with them, and no one that I ask tells me how.

In the past, i found 6 cube textures, from one artist around that did that on the helmets. Is basically a setup of textures for Texture Replacement plus a cfg for it (i believe that a have a cfg, but not sure. The cube reflection textures i have sure). So, give a search on the actors that are listed in the first post and you will find it, for sure!

:wink:

On 28.06.2016 at 2:58 AM, therealcrow999 said:

Does a custom navball texture work on this anymore? I loaded up one I use to use and they don't work. I have them in the Default folder and named both, HUDNavBall and IVANavBall. I am launching game in x64 and using Windows 7.

Seems like NavBall texture replacement does not work for me as well

4 minutes ago, Galileo said:

it has been broken since ksp went to 1.1.

Makes me so sad... I had de-bloated navball with east marked green. Was so convenient...

Anybody knows where navball texture is located in Squad files? I would hack it in directly, if it possible...

Edited by evileye.x

7 minutes ago, evileye.x said:

Makes me so sad... I had de-bloated navball with east marked green. Was so convenient...

yeah me too. ive just been dealing with it :)

14 hours ago, KerbalMan23 said:

I don't know why but this happens with my helmet visor on the surface of ANY planet

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/276228215780543510/DB0198645CC59E589D73EBE8E3E9776875DD70D5/

yeah the version that has the reflections just looks like this. im not sure why but the reflections seen to create more of a negative space than an actual reflection. oh well, it was a good attempt. Maybe one day we will have true reflections again but i feel this mod's development has slowed and it may be some time before we do.

Edited by Galileo

5 minutes ago, evileye.x said:

Anybody knows where navball texture is located in Squad files?

There's another mod that works to change the texture, but I don't have my list of mod links handy right now.

6 minutes ago, GregroxMun said:

NOSTRILS

Kill them with fire! 

On 7/26/2016 at 5:22 PM, Beeso3 said:

How could I make the glass on my Kerbal's helmets orange and cloudy? I see a bunch of screenshots with them, and no one that I ask tells me how.

If you look on the first page of this thread you will see a compiled list of suits and textures people have made over the years.  If you pick one that has suits in it,  they more than likely have visors that are different colors.  

On 31/01/2016 at 6:11 PM, Poodmund said:

I was wondering though, what do people want from a Skybox? ... faux 'axial-tilt' within the galaxy...? I might be able to whip a few up.

This! I have been wishing I knew how to do this for a long time. I play harder solar system, which gives the system axial tilt similar to how RSS does. I don't need a skybox that matches the tilt of the solar system by any means, but one that doesn't have the galactic plane horizontally aligned with the camera in orbit all the time would be far more interesting to look at throughout the kerbin year cycle.

On 7/26/2016 at 3:22 PM, Beeso3 said:

You need a texture called "EVAvisor" in the "Default" folder of TextureReplacer.  A number of suit packs have a texture included.  You can always use the one out of my suit pack if you want.

11 hours ago, StickyScissors said:

Why does navball replacement not want to work anymore? Use to work fine in 1.0.X but since upgrading to 1.1 it just doesn't change.

Because the GUI was completely re-written in 1.1 with the Unity update.  Now the GUI is running as part of the Unity GUI function, when before it was custom code Squad built.  The code the mod is trying to update no longer exists.

There is another Navball texture replacer mod linked up thread that does work, and has been updated for 1.1+.

does anyone know how to fix the issue with kerbal's facial expressions flickering?

Also, is it possible to disable the kerbals removing their helmets in the atmo automatically?

Edited by nosirrbro

42 minutes ago, nosirrbro said:

does anyone know how to fix the issue with kerbal's facial expressions flickering?

Also, is it possible to disable the kerbals removing their helmets in the atmo automatically?

It would help if you actually looked at the gui the mod gives you.  open the gui at the space center.  It's a little head down in the right hand corner.  Put the reflections on disable and disable the removal of helmets on the same page.  

37 minutes ago, Galileo said:

It would help if you actually looked at the gui the mod gives you.  open the gui at the space center.  It's a little head down in the right hand corner.  Put the reflections on disable and disable the removal of helmets on the same page.  

Oh xD

I am terrible at looking for things, I tried to find it but somehow my brain refused to register it. Thanks for pointing it out :P

Can anyone tell me where to find the Kretchet64 soviet style suit that MrTheBull made?  There was a link at one time but it appears bad, but I really like the design.  If anyone has it or can point me to it I would really appreciate it, I have looked high and low and cannot find it.

Edited by Major-Kom

6 hours ago, Major-Kom said:

Can anyone tell me where to find the Kretchet64 soviet style suit that MrTheBull made?  There was a link at one time but it appears bad, but I really like the design.  If anyone has it or can point me to it I would really appreciate it, I have looked high and low and cannot find it.

the link is not broken,but is Mediafire link

You'll have to be inventive,and link will still work.

On 7/26/2016 at 5:22 PM, Beeso3 said:

get paint.net and you go to Effects on the top left. and then Render. and then do clouds. and it should be cloudy.

EDIT: Idk how to make them orange though.

Edited by KerbalMan23