[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

Stupid question..

Does this mod also help with RAM issues? I see that it compresses but my plan would be to use it with active texture management.

Thanky

It works perfectly with Active Texture Management by letting ATM handle texture compression. See the original post:

Notes

• By default, texture compression and mipmap generation are handled by [thread=59005]ATM[/thread] when it is present rather than by TextureReplacer.

My reflections of the skybox aren't loading. When I look at my kerbals reflection through his visor it shows a blue backdrop with no stars, it's a really ugly bug and I was wondering if there was a way to fix it

My skyboxes aren't working in my visor reflection. They just show a huge blue background but everything else reflects. I have no idea what's going on. please help.

Your "huge blue background" is the world being reflected in real time in the visor. It's a great feature - check it out from space to see what I mean. However, if you don't like it, you can click on TR's settings icon in the space center and change reflections to "Static" - you'll get your skybox reflections in the visor then. Everywhere. Even on Kerbin in the daytime.

I'm no expert but when I had a similar problem when modding FSX dds files it required flipping vertically then horizontally, May be worth a try?

Thanks, I'm giving it a try right now with a couple of differently flipped images. Given how the textures were broken, it actually makes a lot of sense that this'll work... bit embarrassed that I didn't think of it myself, actually... I'm gonna blame my total lack of experience with modding textures.

It's just a straight vertical flip, then it works fine. Hair in the right place, eyelashes in the right place, no seams, perfect. Only problem is that the state of Kerbal dentistry has suffered terribly - lady Kerbs have no teeth with a custom texture. I think there must be a separate texture for their teeth, because the only change I made between the default texture I extracted from the .assets file and the custom was the hair colour.

It's just a straight vertical flip, then it works fine. Hair in the right place, eyelashes in the right place, no seams, perfect. Only problem is that the state of Kerbal dentistry has suffered terribly - lady Kerbs have no teeth with a custom texture. I think there must be a separate texture for their teeth, because the only change I made between the default texture I extracted from the .assets file and the custom was the hair colour.

Teeth mesh is not textured for girls. I may be able to fix that if a texture mapping for the teeth mesh has been made.

Teeth mesh is not textured for girls. I may be able to fix that if a texture mapping for the teeth mesh has been made.

I get the feeling that this isn't something I'd be of any help with... but surely there must be a texture map for them hidden away somewhere, because they work with the default textures? Could be that I'm missing something though - textures and I aren't really on friendly terms most of the time.

Anyway, I'll see what I can do with the basic head stuff and get a couple uploaded. They'll be .png files, though, because I can't get it to work when I save them in .dds format, but I'm sure it'll be fine until someone does a proper job of it.

I've extracted hierarchy for all Kerbal models, it's also linked in OP. They also include all the default textures and shaders, so I guess that should be very helpful for modders.

It also shows how terribly inconsistent male and female models are. Differences in hierarchy, inconsistent naming of textures that differ between males and females and note different shaders (all non-shiny and non-bumpmapped!) on the female model. The same suit that would look all shiny on males would be completely matt on females, plus normal maps would have no effect. I'll try to fix those shaders in the next version.

Edited by shaw

think it's a bug though because I see pictures of reflections from other peoples games and the skybox is shown with all of it's stars. I really want it fixed

?id=434961345

Edited by wal310

I'm also getting the same thing but her visor is gone too, only in main menu.

She has the IVA visor that is almost transparent in stock. If I remember correctly this issue also exists if you remove TR, so it's a stock bug.

- - - Updated - - -

Not that it's very important, but Val's orange IVA suit is being replaced by the grey one.

This only happens on EVA walks in the atmosphere, right?

Just a quick question - is there any pack that would add glasses? Not shades, not fancy 3D stuff, but regular, well... Glass glasses? I want to make a flight crew out of kerbalized versions of me and my friends, and unfortunately some of us wear glasses. And unlikely as it may seem for a kerbonaut to have poor eyesight, I'd rather not give up on this detail ^^'

Also, are regular face pacs compatibile with female Kerbals, or should I wait for some update to come?

Ok, stupid question...where is the icon that starts texture replacer? I can see MCE, but not texture replacer's icon.

It should be be on the top right, next to the resource, it looks like a kerbal with a monocle.

I know you've said female Kerbal heads don't match the old textures, but have the suits been changed? I'm just curious because I don't use the different head textures anyway, but I do like to change their suits.