KSP cost per hour

Captain Sierra

$23/266 hours = $0.086/hr

That's meaningless though really. I have games I paid more for and have barely played, yet KSP sits in 2nd place on my list of most played Steam games I'm far from bored with it and will continue to play it for hundreds more hours - in fact as soon as I have time I will makes sure to knock TF2 off the top (only 19 hours ahead) and declare KSP the best game of all time :D

Note: Team Fortress 2 isn't the best game of all time, and is far from it. It just...eats time...

Edited by Epthelyn

$32.39 with tax. Yes. Had to pay taxes. With over 2051 hours played from what steam says. $0.015792296 is per hour with no need to pay for expansions... So yeah. Thinking about buying it once more. But, direct from squad. Just need to sell moar blood. As I would like to play without steam running.

I picked it up for 23 bucks a bit over a year ago on steam. counting only steam hours I get $0.04 per hour after 512 hours. However I've probably spent 2-3 times as many hours on moded installs that I moved out of the steam directory after I lost a save due to an update. I'd be willing to bet my actual cost per hour is down at the 2 cent mark or lower. I suspect the cost of the electricity to run my computer while playing KSP is higher than the price I paid for the game at this point.

$32.39 with tax. Yes. Had to pay taxes. With over 2051 hours played from what steam says. $0.015792296 is per hour with no need to pay for expansions... So yeah. Thinking about buying it once more. But, direct from squad. Just need to sell moar blood. As I would like to play without steam running.

Just copy the game folder out of the steam directory and launch it from there. there's no DRM on the game that requires you to run steam. You only need to run steam to download updates.

KSP is my most played Steam game on my gaming PC, so although it didn't cost all that much to buy the game, I think that I need to factor in at least some of the cost of the PC! However, I'm now at 1352 hours on Steam, so the price per hour is still quite low! :confused:

Not bad for an Early Access game! :cool:

Same. Less that a penny per hour I think.

Well I didn't do the math and I don't remember what I paid for the game. Over 2100 hours but sometimes it's left running all night. I play other games too but Kerbal helps me relax after the baby goes to sleep. Sometimes I fall asleep at my desk.

But what if you just purchased it yesterday?

T҉̖hÌ»eÃŒÂ̲̯̤nÙ̲̲ ̤̣̦̥y̦̟o̹̗̥̫̪Ú̫uÌ—Ì© ̸̲̻̗̭wÌœoÃÂ̲̼̬̯ul̸̙Ã…Ì­d̟̺ É̪̱̖haÈ̤vÌ•Ãâ„¢e̷̦Ẹ́Ú̱̼à̧ÈÕ̠ÚÅÈz̻̹̣̩er҉Ú̩Î̜̦̤̭o̦̜̮̜ÃŽ ÞÎ̜̼̜̰̫hÌ´Ì©Ì­o̕Ị̩̬̰̗̂Éu̹rÇÖs̟̼̮̩Î̙̙ lÃÂÃŒÂo̰̪g̞̲gÃœṴ̙̬̀ÚÈe̺Ḛ̀ÕÃâ€ÃŒâ€”d̦Õ̰ÅÉÌÂ̤.à̬̜Ö̤̞

UÜ̯̼ÌÂ̘Ãâ€ÃŒÂh̶̛̖̞ÙÖoß̷À̙̻h̢Ó̙Ụ́Ạ̩̊.̠̼ ß҉ÃÂ̪Ú̟̮̠̣Õ̙IÃÂ̠̘̯ÃÂ̪Ã… ÃœÞßÃÂ̘ÚÈ̺Ãâ„¢t̸̢̮Ç̣Î̩̘̫̫̗h̵̸ÃÂÉÃâ€iÜ̱Å̖̻Çn̶̵Ãâ€ÃŒÅ“Ç̪̫̩̰Ù̟kÇ̜É ̶̘ÃÂ̟̱tÃÂÌ¢ÃÂÃâ€ÃŒÂ¯Ã–̞̖ÈhÉ̙È̤Ù̩̺̖iÃÂ̼̗̼s̵̱̗̖Õ̙̻Ãâ„¢Ãâ€ÃŒâ„¢ ̭̹̼Å̙Ç̪i̶̵̠sØ̶̪ÅÓÎ̳Ç ̧̢̪̙Ú̩̣̜̹b̬̙̪̳̤̥̱̱a̧ÃẬÈ̱̳̩̣̳d̡Ó̩̲̰Ãâ€ÃŒÂ¯.̱.ÃÂÕ̠Õ.̵̥̫ÃÂ̗Ú̗ÃÂ

EDIT: I got ninja'd hard.

Edited by Nikola7007

I can only approximate.

Twenty-two dollars (US), and over two years of ownership.

Let us say that there are 2 weeks of playtime per year.

So, 4 weeks of nonstop playtime = 672 hours.

That seems rather low. :huh: I swear, it feels longer.

But anyway, that's about 3.2 cents an hour.

Well, back at the first public release it was still free, but with a $7 donation you could get all future updates even past their planned cut-off (which was 0.13.3). I purchased it right before it became a requirement to purchase the game in order to get updates. After that I think that price was raised to $10 or something. I don't recall how the later price increases went.

Well, back at the first public release it was still free, but with a $7 donation you could get all future updates even past their planned cut-off (which was 0.13.3). I purchased it right before it became a requirement to purchase the game in order to get updates. After that I think that price was raised to $10 or something. I don't recall how the later price increases went.

Alright, so I know I clocked about a thousand hours before I transferred my KSP license over to Steam.

482 hours logged unto KSP on steam (a lot more not logged because of testing, but lets not count those).

Roughly, 1500 hours. $10.

0.67¢ per hour (averaged)

KSP might well be the game that came to be the cheapest I've played.

BFBC2 would probably be a contender if I had not bought it right after its release.

The games I play the most are games I'm good at, simple as that.

Not to say the reason I played KSP so much is simply because I'm good. It's also mighty interesting.

I don't know how many hours I clocked pre-steam, and last year Steam decided to reset ALL my game timers...

I don't even know how much I paid for it, it was a week before we got multi-vessel persistance :D.

I remember my first rendevous and 'docking' (clamping on a small side-attacked fuel tank with those primitive landing legs). It was extremely wobbly, time accel not recommended.

About £10 and about 2000 hours. Started playing in 0.17.

So about half a penny per hour played.

Same here pretty much. Only game I've ever played more was Halo 3 (about 3500 hours total, 3000 hours in multiplayer games), but that was 4x more expensive and required me to pay xbox live for three years, and expansion/map packs too, so was actually more like £200, making the cost per hour waaay higher than KSP.

Edited by Decho

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.