Bobcat DEMV Mark 4 rover UPDATED!

Raptor22

@jimmyjack

I'll see what I can do. Have you tried it on 0.90.0?

- - - Updated - - -

@MeCripp

Um, could you please use proper grammar so that I can understand what you're saying?

- - - Updated - - -

@jimmyjack

Uh, which other DEMV? I already updated this and the mark 5, but there's the mark 3, 2, and 1. Mark 6 might come out soon, since Bobcat has been making test videos of it.

Bobcat gave me the ok almost 2 days ago.

- - - Updated - - -

And I already got the config files fixed (Mostly) the only one that I might need help with is making the solar panels and antenna work on the mark 5.

Have you never watched South Park? Because, if you have, you would get the reference.

(It's the underpants gnomes)

I just added steps 3 and 4 as a joke.

http://vimeo.com/79954057

of course I have! I know about the Underpants Gnomes. I was just making a joke. I guess not a particularly funny one. I mean, it was funny to me and I was giggling the whole time I was typing it out.

I thought Starwaster post was funny too and on the DEMV Mark3 EX, I changed the plugin that it used you will need JSI you can get it here http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/57603-0-25-RasterPropMonitor-putting-the-A-in-your-IVA-%28v0-18-3%29-8-Oct and delete the plugin sfrPartModules1.dll that came with it and on the part DEMV EX Seat add

MODULE
{
name = RasterPropMonitorComputer
}

MODULE
{
name = JSITransparentPod
}

I have JSI already.

- - - Updated - - -

@Virtualgenius

Yeah. But I want to be able to make the solar panels and the antenna functional.

The antenna works and if he didn't setup the solar panels in unity all the way your not going to get them to work you could make them add a charge when open but it would also work out of the sun.

Yeah. But I want to be able to make the solar panels

No promises, but I think it should be possible to accomplish.

I'll look into it.

Edit:

Ok, good news is that I know exactly what the problem is with the solar panel and it's incredibly easy to fix. The easiest and best fix is to edit the model and flip the sunCatcher transform 180 degrees because BobCat put it in upside down. You could probably even do it by editing the Unity file itself if it were available. (the file you import the model or mesh into and set it up for export to KSP)

The bad news is that neither the original model or the unity files containing the transform are available to us and BobCat isn't exactly known for fixing old stuff that he's abandoned. (or even fixing it before abandoning it. Sorry BobCat fans, not trying to be mean but that's how it is)

The other good news is that you can replace the mesh = line with a two MODEL nodes; one for the DEMV model and one for a brand new solar panel transform that is right side up. I've tried that and it works just fine.

The bad news there is that CleverBobCat plugin stops working, at least the ModuleCleverWheeledVehicle module stops working. And that's the most important part because the DEMV Mk5 is heavily dependent on that file plugin. So the solar panel works but then you can't drive the rover around, and in fact its wheels stick into the terrain and they don't drive or steer or do other rovery things. The only thing I can think of is that ModuleCleverWheeledVehicle has some kind of hard coded dependency on the model / mesh being a certain way. and maybe it can't find it when you do it with MODEL nodes.

Edited by Starwaster

Hello, I have just come here to ask i will probably only comment here and have only signed up for this website to ask this, Is anybody able to give me a download for DEMV 1 and/or DEMV 2? I haven't really read much of the rules, so that is why i probably won't comment much again.

Hey, can you make one page with downloads of all the different DEMV rovers like the original Bobcat Inc page?

Thanks for doing this by the way, I really liked the Bobcat rovers back before there were rovers in the stock game.

• 2 months later...

I'm not familiar with blender or ksp modding but i'm good at unity and maya so if you guys can provide the fbx models of rovers, maybe we can restructure this bad boy so that lacking stuff like solars would work?

- - - Updated - - -

also, raptor22, i saw a video and the guy was trying to pull down the wheels on mkv 4 but the vehicle would jump up in the air, can it be fixed? and how?

I don't know. Right now I'm only good at editing config files. My suggestion would be to lower the wheels inside the landing pod to prevent it from jumping too far up, then open the landing pod.

OK I dropped the DEMVMk4 folder into game data and I see it load the parts but they are not there, any suggestions?

PS, I used the one inside the gamedata folder in the zip.

File path is------C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\DEMVMark4

OK I dropped the DEMVMk4 folder into game data and I see it load the parts but they are not there, any suggestions?

PS, I used the one inside the gamedata folder in the zip.

File path is------C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\DEMVMark4

If your playing a career or not you can try a MM like this

@PART[*]:HAS[~TechRequired[]]:Final
{
TechRequired = start
entryCost = 1200
cost = 250
}

@PART[*]:HAS[#TechRequired]:Final
{
@TechRequired = start
}

EDIT- Just a quick look there missing TechRequired = * and entryCost = *

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.