I am saddened by this but, I'm getting bored.

LostElement

With every break I took, I jumped back at some time with new ideas. Here are some phases I was going through:

• Rover phase

I built rovers. Air dropped rovers, high speed racers, indestructibles, lorries, racing lorries, low-gravity rovers...

• Apollo style lander/ship missions

Yes, that actually was a phase. I built a very overpowered Appollo style rocket and sent it to pretty much any planet it could reach

• Final Frontier phase

(Not a stand-alone phase, but mingled in with others) Managing Kerbals and their jobs before progression was implemented via the brilliant Final Frontier mod. (I actually stuck to it)

• Cruiser phase

Actually several cruiser phases, including huge water-landing ship-type cruisers with the interstellar mod, flashy cruisers, highly maneuverable and compact cruisers ...

• The Modular phase

Building several modules for living, control, propulsion, science, freight transport etc. which can be combined and re-combined to build large ships depending on mission type. This included lots of re-fueling missions and got boring, but in the end I cheated some refueling-parts, keeping my resuply stations fully stocked. As I was able to build huge stations, I decided to "skip" the delivery runs... That actually is now fun again and I am back in that phase
:)

• The Airplane phase

Building planes. Oh yes.

• The kOS phase

I feel like I am ready getting back into it. I automated EVERYTHING with kOS. From Grasshopper style flights to interplanetary missions.

• The kOS GUI phase

Using kOS as a way to control your plane instead of automating the whole flight is brilliant. Look at my Ornithopter videos below. kOS allows you to build simple programs accepting user input via action keys. I wasted A LOT of time with that. Especially in my water-landing cruiser phase, where I built several landing programs to allow controlled reentry and landing of huge craft.

These are just a few, and some of these I cycled through more than once. I cheat if I feel that way, i.e. using HyperEdit to move rovers designs to other planets/moons. I know I can launch, transfer and land them and if it is too tedious, I just cheat it there. Who cares, it is my game.

Make a part mod. Learn how to use blender. Heck, that's a game in itself!

:D

Modding is definitely a separate game. For GTA, I actually only care about it for modding reasons at this point - the only times I played it in the last couple years was to test mods.

Clearly you are immune to sarcasm. I was merely helping OP find the games that the other people with ADHD play.

Bo2 is actually a very nice game and no, i don't have ADHD.

can we please stop with the typical "cod sucks" attitude?

Back on topic: maybe try building a properly working spaceshuttle? That one has been keeping me busy for a week or so

Truth be told, I've started to get a little bored of KSP as well.

As such, I've been playing other games more often (mainly Titanfall).

When I do hop on KSP, I try to work on stuff I don't do often. Lately it's been making (and learning to fly) small VTOLs.

Just gotta set your own goals, really.

Ah you have it now, I had this in .17 and only played very little until .90, in which I actually started back up on DMP servers and ever since I came back man do I love to play this game now.

Now I don't know how to really say this, but when I lost interest I sort of really wanted to play it but I just... didn't want to, I'm unsure as to how I could describe it but eventually I came back to KSP and it's forums although I'm not exactly hunting down threads to comment on everything I possibly can unlike I used to before this.

Of course, I went on KSP every now and again, usually I'd get a heavily modded install and mess around with odd things like bearings, rovers, walking machines and a bit of weaponry mixed with monorails and trains and have a a bit of experimentation, however I never got drawn back into the game much. But one day, whilst playing with .25 in December (although I had a post in summer about how I was back, I lost interest again) I realised that with the DMP mod KSP was actually quite fun and I starting doing things like buildings stations, interplanetary tugs, jet packs able to takeoff on the Mun and land on Minmus with not a single drop of fuel left and a whole host of other crafts, and I definitely enjoyed it.

So anyway, not sure what you'll think of what I've said but basically, just go with it and come back whenever you feel like it. You can still stick around on the forums and maybe make an interesting invention or something, I sort of stuck around, downloaded every KSP version that came out and just had a bit of a look around at new features to keep myself updated.

Also, when it came to crafts for some reason I sort of turned to making militarized crafts and ships, it was quite interesting thinking about it now. I think at one point I tried to make a walking tank, needless to say a lot of explosions ensued, never did finish that.

Sad to admit, but same here.

In this last week I coudn't play for more than 45 minutes. I end up doing the same stuff over and over for career, and the sandbox doesn't give me enough sense of accomplishment.

Honestly, I'm a bit tired of doing satellite contracts or surveys. I tried adding ScanSAT and RemoteTech custom contracts but it's just doesn't cut it at the moment.

Plus my personal life is recently going off a cliff.

I don't know if it's better to quit for a while or what.

I'm just gonna put this out there and I know I'll probably be told to get lost but,

KSP is one of the most boring games I have ever played, I have played for 1 1/2 years now and for the first six months I played stock because I was still learning.

But also KSP is one of the most fun games I've ever had, now this may seem strange but I say this because I play with mods.

KSP will get ripped when it hits 0.90 because it has no gameplay without mods.

I can understand your boredom I finally went back to playing games on my Xbox 1/2 a year ago.

I've had my share of ups and downs with KSP. On one hand, it's a great game, but once you've landed on all the planets once and found a couple of anomalies, there's not much to do. Sure, I've built space stations, I've played Career Mode, and I've even built a sustainable Mun Colony with a reusable SSTO shuttle run between stations. Fun, yes, but after a while, you become bored with the usual "build ship, make it to orbit, refuel, slingshot past Mun for interplanetary travel, arrive at planet, retro-burn to land, plant flag, leave rover, head home" strategy.

I have FAR installed, not because I wanted realistic aerodynamics, but because I wanted to do things the stock aero wouldn't let me do. I've built lifting-body aircraft, I've lobbed rockets to Laythe and Eve, I've even returned a Kerbal from Eve to Eve Orbit (rescue mission is on the way!) and yet after a while, I got bored again.

So what have I done? Kerbal Space Program has several worlds with atmosphere. Firespitter gives some nice propellers. Kerbal Stock Extension (Courtesy of LackLusterLabs) has a 0.625m cockpit. Kerbal Space Program with FAR suddenly turns into Kerbal Flight Simulator, and I've set challenges for myself.

Designing a helicopter to fly under the three bridges at KSC is a good start. Flying to the North Pole is always worth a laugh, and trying to hit the Island Runway with a glider (jettison propeller before trying, so you're no longer a plane) takes a bit of work, but has as much rewarding feeling as landing on the Mun. Once the rush fades from doing some of those things, try some from IVA view. The feeling of your first IVA landing is intense. The feeling of an IVA landing on the runway is, well, I have no words for the feeling. Flying through the bridges when you have to mind your wingspan from in the plane, or buzzing the tower in a high-speed jet takes on a whole new feeling.

If you're feeling really brave, try landing on the Mun in IVA. It'll shake things up a bit.

Sorry, I was only joking around really. You do anything for long enough, it's going to get old.

That's why I'm really pacing myself with KSP.. I'm still yet to play Career Mode, I'll wait for 1.0 for that.

I still haven't gone interplanetary, I'm doing as much as I can around Kerbin before my first transfer window, which is 120 days away. Designing and testing ships. Mucking around getting my piloting skills nailed.

Testing mods, trying to find the perfect performance/mods balance.

I know the day will come when KSP will bore me too, but I'm delaying that as much as I can by taking it slow, and trying to get everything right.

I am sad to hear this..

Not for you but for me. Because at 1088 hours played, I am still enthusiastic as in the first day and all I can say is "Need more time to play, boosters welcome".

I think I am a KSP addict. :confused:

I dont know how many hours ive played, but ive left the game / then retake it after some months twice or three times. Albeit i always left on purpose the most difficult challenges undone so that i always can have a motivation to play it again. Now with 0.9 the thing is more or less the same, just for curiosity i try new contracts, and try to take more than one Kerbal on the missions because of experience, but overall is the same. Maybe with life support restrictions and new planets/moons the game would attract elder platers again...

I've got about 2000 hours in thus far. I haven't found myself interacting with the online community too much except to try out a challenge every now and then. There hasn't been too much of a need to really. The game runs with out crashing often so no real need for any tech support, or bug reports. I find myself playing other games until I get the itch to send another craft up. I know I'll log some hours in when the minable resources makes its' way in. One of my favorite parts is actually building and testing the ships and find myself running out of ideas using only fuel tanks, engines, or wheels. I really think there needs to be a few other additions like hinges, pistons, and rotors. Just those few parts could make such a difference in how much can be built. I know there is that infernal robotics mod but I get tired of losing all my ships when the mod gets messed up for whatever reason.

All in all it is inevitable for games that release in their alpha stages or in some sort of pre-release to lose interest by the time they release. This often causes games ot never leave the alpha stages. This game is good enough to become a cult hit and develop a loyal following. I really do not think it is going to "die out" anytime soon. This is one of those games that you end up loading on your machine a decade from now just to see if it was as good as you remember. Myself I am looking forward tyo putting at least another 1k hours in once 1.0 releases.

On a side note I am sure most would agree, A multiplayer function would really boost the community communication and the longevity of the overall game life.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.