The Number War: Count to 100 or -100

RainDreamer

slaps a 54 on it

- - - Updated - - -

RainDreamer; in all this insanity, where is the correct number? getting a little crazy with the reverts now ;p

RainDreamer; in all this insanity, where is the correct number? getting a little crazy with the reverts now ;p

I am looking at the posts right now, gimme some time. All those progress and few hundred page reverts are tough to keep track of.

So here, I am looking at the 2 big reverts:

The first one by Deu:

Ladies and gentlemen, for your spamming, I give you my masterpiece, my Mona Lisa. It's gonna be hard to top this one.

Might not be the biggest revert in terms of a number change, but it sure is the biggest one in terms of pages rendered invalid. The furthest revert ever done.

601 - 414 = 187 pages. Over 1,870 posts, not counting the ones nulled by other reverts.

As per rule #7, and the one minute limit for override, what Dman declared invalid was valid.

The game is still at 34, set by me.

This one is valid. As Deu wrote, the override was valid. It was in the 1 minute window.

The second one was by Endersmens

You're doing the same revert I was gonna do in a different place. Only difference is you didn't say "ignore this number" which shouldn't constitute for someone to really ignore it. Therefor....

Greenwolf's post was valid. He overrode the -1 by adding 1 to 0 in the same minute. The last truly valid number was 1, set by greenwolf.

That's right. 268 pages of sweet revert. This is the biggest revert in game history in terms of pages nulled.

2. Everyone likes a fresh start.

While the reasoning is right, Green wolf explicitly stated to ignore the post, therefore nulling it intentionally. I know it is an edit so there might be some fuzzyness in this, but the next poster was long after the edit (which was done within 3 minutes hence we don't see the edit time stamp) so it would be safe to assume that the fact it was nulled by an edit was not a problem. It would, if an edit was made after some other player post - and that is why I discourage editing. But this case doesn't seem like it.

In any case, what I am saying is, this revert is not valid, since the quoted post was explicitly nulled by the poster.

So yeah, last correct number is 34

- - - Updated - - -

Deu you're on the verge of being accused of purposefully causing mistakes to use as reverts later. Which is against the rules. It says not to purposefully make mistakes.

Rules actually state that you are not supposed to make any mistake, at all. Intentional or unintentional doesn't matter (because I can't read minds). What happens if you break them? Well, your post gets nulled (do you expect me to send a SWAT team over?). Which mean it can be used as a point to revert as per rule 6, which allow errors, both intentional or unintentional to be reverted.

So if someone intentionally make errors as a point to revert...it is a valid strategy. Of course, in doing so you risk other players notice that error and use it before you can, thus messing up your plan. It is up to you to play however you want.