The Number War: Count to 100 or -100

RainDreamer

_!

My vote is the one that counts!

Also- timestamps make your post invalid, Jaffa.

This really looks like an abuse of the rules... honestly it probably is.

Either you edited your post within the 1min time period, which means you noticed your incorrect post and now are calling attention to it; or you posted that entire post just after someone else posted.

Since the rules allow +/- 1 min, that means if I post even 1 min after you post, I can hence claim "time stamp error" with in my post and override your post.

I'll -1 because it isn't strictly against the rules though.

Edited by Fel

This really looks like an abuse of the rules... honestly it probably is.

Either you edited your post within the 1min time period, which means you noticed your incorrect post and now are calling attention to it; or you posted that entire post just after someone else posted.

Since the rules allow +/- 1 min, that means if I post even 1 min after you post, I can hence claim "time stamp error" with in my post and override your post.

I'll -1 because it isn't strictly against the rules though.

I asked OP about sniping posts like that. It's a legit tactic, even if it's cheap (and even if you admit doing it - showing that you knew about the correct post before you that you are choosing to ignore and override - rule #7 still works).

Editing your posts, however, is not welcome. It might have consequences for everyone. So don't do it. (for what it's worth, I wouldn't suspect Dman from editing the number, he just usually adds something)

Also, I'll add one.

I asked OP about sniping posts like that. It's a legit tactic, even if it's cheap (and even if you admit doing it - showing that you knew about the correct post before you that you are choosing to ignore and override - rule #7 still works).

Editing your posts, however, is not welcome. It might have consequences for everyone. So don't do it. (for what it's worth, I wouldn't suspect Dman from editing the number, he just usually adds something)

Also, I'll add one.

Yes, I did add something- the "Also, timestamps make the post invalid" part. I did not have any clue that someone else would post during an "inactive" time period; it was pure coincidence.

I'll add something here, too: 1 to make the number 0

Let's please not get into accusations of cheating, and just go back to enjoying the game. PM the OP if you have a question about the rules, and hit the report button if you think there's a problem.

0 hair

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I'll add one.

Yeah, the thing was confusing... spamming was clearly forbidden but sniping wasn't quite as clear.

Yeah, the thing was confusing... spamming was clearly forbidden but sniping wasn't quite as clear.

I believe that part of the rule is just saying "you cannot override multiple times during the same +-1 minute window". To prevent something like:

User0 (14:25): 25

User1 (14:28): 24

User2 (14:28): 26 (clearly won over User1)

User1 (14:28): 24 OVERRIDDEN YOU LEL

Also, I'll add one.

Well, this is war... and war is heck. It is good that war is so terrible, else we should get too used to it.

2. You cannot perform any operation again until another person has successfully perform an operation to change the current number. (Technically you can just get 2 people on the same team spam posts real fast without breaking this rule. But that is exploiting the rule and being cheap.:mad: I will record your win snidely.)

So from what I understand, spamming between two people is legal, but is unsporting. That hasn't stopped either side from spamming, though- I can count at least 3 wins which happened that way.

7. In the case of two or more posts from two or more different people being posted at the same time(give or take a minute) trying to subtract/add to the same number simultaneously , the post that appears last on the thread counts toward the change in the current number. This is to avoid needless confusion and people can simply read the last post to continue the game. You also cannot spam posts in an attempt to override another person's change during the 1 minute window, only your earliest post will count in that situation. So don't spam.

Special clause for rule 7: Rule 7 cannot be invoked if in doing so it violate rule 2. So one person cannot override another person's post if they are trying to perform an operation on a number they just posted.

I know that I can refresh and post again very quickly. If only one person has posted before me, it's pretty obvious if I am responding to that post or trying to do an intentional override- I don't do the second. But I would propose to the OP that a rule be added along the lines of "if three posts have the same timestamp, and one changes the number, the second changes it back, and the third changes the number from the first poster, the second post should be ignored." It is very hard to post in 20 seconds a response to a change in the number, especially if there are 3 different people posting. I think this will prevent any confusion about what the number is.

EXAMPLE, starts at 7:

10:20 [poster 1] 6

10:20 [poster 2] 7

10:20 [poster 3] 4

This rule simply clarifies the timestamps rule for a particular situation.

And I add to the previous number and make the current number 1.

*snip*

EXAMPLE, starts at 7:

10:20 [poster 1] 6

10:20 [poster 2] 7

10:20 [poster 3] 4

Don't want to come off as rude, but that just seems like unnecessary complications. Unless someone edits a number, determining who's number is valid and who's is not is just a matter of sequentially moving through the game progress. In your example, poster 2 would win (because you can't get to 4 from 6 or 7 validly). I suspect you meant the last user to write a 5, so that there might arise a conflict - in that case, going through the progress, we get:

starts at 7:

10:20 [poster 1] 6 //valid

10:20 [poster 2] 7 //would be valid, but is overridden by poster 3

10:20 [poster 3] 5 //valid, overrides poster 2 by rule #7

Oh, and anyway: 1