KSPBlender - Blender Addon for importing .craft files (now with complete mod support!)

Dasoccerguy

I see why you said "Fifteen Minutes", zekes. :)

"Load! Load! Load! load! load... load?"

It's a race I think I'm going to lose. :D

Well, IDK - it's been 20 minutes it must be done soon.

EDIT it's loaded, working on camera.

Edited by zekes

Right. It could use a *bit* of work... :)

Fuel lines are funky. So are launch clamps...

http://i.imgur.com/d0xuEIv.png

Anyway, a little bit of cleaning-up and it'll look great! (After all, you don't need struts and fuel lines and interior stuff in Blender. :)

:o what. Wow. That is gorgeous. Here's mine I just finished after messing around a long time ( I really have no idea what I'm doing :P )

What's with your fuel lines, I didn't get those at all. I'll clean it up right now in fact.

UMEDPGX.jpg

Would I just throw a license file into my Github repo, or do I need to get it somewhere special within the forums?

Fine if you put the license file into the Github repo (many modders do!), but what is required to publish add-ons here is to comply with the Add-on posting rules.

About licensing (rule 1.), "... This license must be made available in both the download file and in the location the user downloads from (such as a forum post or a Curse listing)."

Please ensure any of the download files you link include your llicense, and that is shown in the opening post of this thread, and you're good.

This is a great tool!!! Certainly makes importing my creations into Blender a metric ton easier. +Rep sir!! I can't wait to spend this evening messing around with my various craft in Blender. Maybe even some camera tracking fun so I can park my favorite rover in my driveway :D

So, i'm very comfused with blender :P I'm trying to figure out how to make my shuttle one part, but i have no idea what i'm doing. I need to boolean join the parts, but there's 1200 of them and i have no idea how to just mass-select all of them, let alone make the boolean join occur. Also, to make a model i would need to turn the hollow shuttle into a solid piece, but it's made out of wing parts and i don't know how a 3d printer would handle this.

Sorry for derailing the thread a bit but I really love your program, I want to take it to the end of the logical path I'm on :)

So, i'm very comfused with blender :P I'm trying to figure out how to make my shuttle one part, but i have no idea what i'm doing. I need to boolean join the parts, but there's 1200 of them and i have no idea how to just mass-select all of them, let alone make the boolean join occur. Also, to make a model i would need to turn the hollow shuttle into a solid piece, but it's made out of wing parts and i don't know how a 3d printer would handle this.

Sorry for derailing the thread a bit but I really love your program, I want to take it to the end of the logical path I'm on :)

I would show you how to do it, but I'm rendering a thing...

Quick tip: "C" allows a circle selector, which selects all origins within the circle. Scrolling the mousewheel makes it bigger and smaller.

"B" makes a box selector, selecting all objects with some part of them inside the box.

ESC cancels. (I don't remember which one confirms, I think it's left mouse button)

EDIT:

Here we go!

Blender Beginners Tutorial

Edited by Starwhip

Haha, thanks :D I made a new blend file of the shuttle without landing gear, because for some reason in blender they're all deployed.

https://www./?07bv3lgmf9u4u99

I have a new version that lets you deploy and undeploy parts. I'll get it online here in a few minutes.

Also about all the Boolean stuff, you're on the right track. I have a script that procedurally adds Boolean modifiers to each part and makes the whole ship one big part. It works fine except for a few problem parts. Some of the cockpits are hollow, for example, which messes with the math Blender is using. I tried really hard to find a workaround, but couldn't get anything. Maybe if I give it another shot, this time things will fall into place.

I have a new version that lets you deploy and undeploy parts. I'll get it online here in a few minutes.

Also about all the Boolean stuff, you're on the right track. I have a script that procedurally adds Boolean modifiers to each part and makes the whole ship one big part. It works fine except for a few problem parts. Some of the cockpits are hollow, for example, which messes with the math Blender is using. I tried really hard to find a workaround, but couldn't get anything. Maybe if I give it another shot, this time things will fall into place.

I don't have any cockpits on my shuttle so it will work fine :D

Suggestion: Delete all colliders on import. God, the MK3 cargo bays are a pain.... :(

(Maybe you just missed them, IDK, the other parts are fine. :huh:)

Which part still had the colliders? I have a ship with every single part that I was using to check for exactly that kind of stuff, and I didn't think I had missed anything. And I figured I would just hide the colliders, since they may come in handy somehow for someone. Blender can do physics simulation, you know.

Would people agree to make the printer file for other people's craft files?

Would there be any problem with modded parts?

While I have an interest in 3D printing (like everyone, I assume), I never really got interested enough to seriously research it.

P.S. AWW YISS!

Would people agree to make the printer file for other people's craft files?

Would there be any problem with modded parts?

While I have an interest in 3D printing (like everyone, I assume), I never really got interested enough to seriously research it.

P.S. AWW YISS!

I could try, yeah :P my friend has a printer so I'll talk to him about just how much clipping is okay with 3d printers and what kind of file we'd need to use.

Edited by zekes

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.