Reliant Robin Space Shuttle

Yukon0009

Vmgyka7_zpsdjdimvde.png

(img by Starwhip)

The title pretty much says it all, it's a stock Reliant Robin shuttle. Surprisingly easy to fly.

Fly with RCS and SAS on- it flies and drives like a drunken brick, no different from the 0.90 version. Slightly less ugly.

It has some... unique aerodynamics due to the use of flaps as panels. To land it, simply let it flip out of control until it hits about 15m/s and fairly low, then use stability control to make it point prograde and try to land it.

Download

bkM7Bkt.png

pjSp804.png

9FVsJ4i.png

UTnt8iY.png

62u1N5f.png

7ogIc7l.png

e7qNZZI.png

02qOwSE.png

old 0.90 version

Fly with RCS and SAS on. (duh)

Also, the rapier does not need to be active at all time- I recommend that you switch it off after G-turn.

Yes, it does fly (and separate, unlike the original) but it flies like a drunken brick......Oh, and no hidden control surfaces there, I promise!

Download https://www.dropbox.com/s/taxgf40ggd2zgjs/Reliant%20Robin%20Shuttle.craft?dl=0

PICS:

screenshot18749_zps9nuopblr.png

screenshot18767_zpsgj21se6q.png

screenshot18774_zpsjaqeaqhl.png

screenshot18778_zpsthelpel5.png

screenshot18872_zpsvah1jhj0.png

screenshot18878_zpsvoebr90w.png

(despite the last pic, the Robin is landable.)

Enjoy!

Edited by Yukon0009

I think the important question is: How does it drive?

If it doesn't tip over every time you make a turn going more than 5m/s then I think you should go back to the drawing board.

And now I'm laughing uncontrollably because I imagined landing it on Minimus and rolling it over... and over and over and over and over....

[clarkson]Oh No![/clarkson]

I think the important question is: How does it drive?

If it doesn't tip over every time you make a turn going more than 5m/s then I think you should go back to the drawing board.

And now I'm laughing uncontrollably because I imagined landing it on Minimus and rolling it over... and over and over and over and over....

[clarkson]Oh No![/clarkson]

Yes it drives like it flies- a drunken brick.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.