White Owl's video series discussion thread

White Owl

Nice video. :)

One thing I noticed is that you\'re launching your Valkyrie from the runway. You can actually launch spacecraft constructed in the SPH from the launch pad if you want. Just copy the .craft file from the SPH folder to the VAB folder, load it up in the VAB, rotate it so that it stands vertically, and you\'re ready to go.

Hey White/Winter,

I just want to say I\'ve recently discovered your vids and have been watching them and enjoying them. You\'ve actually convinced me to take a look at some of the planes I\'ve been building and take a more analytical approach rather than just throwing stuff together, seeing what works, and tweaking it through trial and error, along with teaching me a few things.

Anyway, I have a question/request.

I notice that you use .cfg edited wing connectors, delta, and structural wings (and it seems the hardpoints or pylons?) so you have larger variants of the parts. I\'ve downloaded and have been toying with the rescaled plane parts mod/edit where the creator just made increasing sizes of swept wings. I\'m happy with those but would like the same for the other 'basic' plane wing parts.

Would you mind either, A: releasing the .cfg edits you did to rescale the parts, or B: let me in on what kind of math you used to arrive at your figures? I could just scale them up, but I\'d want the weights and lift/drag to be at least somewhat realistic in terms of their counterparts.

Thanks in advance, and keep up the good work.

Love your vids. Don\'t have a youtube though, otherwise you would have one more subscriber ;)

Anyway thanks for the list. I had been looking for your Junebug SRB engine for ages.

I was looking for it forever too haha, it is the small srb from Sunday punch\'s old wobbly rockets pack.

Nice video. :)

One thing I noticed is that you\'re launching your Valkyrie from the runway. You can actually launch spacecraft constructed in the SPH from the launch pad if you want. Just copy the .craft file from the SPH folder to the VAB folder, load it up in the VAB, rotate it so that it stands vertically, and you\'re ready to go.

He usually launches it vertically from the runway. It allows him to bypass that step, plus there\'s no launch tower to crash into off the bat.

Would you mind either, A: releasing the .cfg edits you did to rescale the parts, or B: let me in on what kind of math you used to arrive at your figures? I could just scale them up, but I\'d want the weights and lift/drag to be at least somewhat realistic in terms of their counterparts.

I\'d like them to be somewhat realistic too, but they\'re just a best guess according to what I thought felt right. Really, I\'m hoping some aeronautical engineering types can get us better wing code for this game. But yeah, I\'ll share what I did... just need to stop being lazy about it and actually put a whole package together.

Oh, and I took the black thermal tile texture off one of C7\'s parts, and added it to the tail cone from NovaPunch. Increased the mass to 1 and stuck it on the nose for balance and looks.

Hello Owl,

I've build my own space shuttle, based on your design (with the tilting engines en external rocketboosters and some extra fuel tanks). The launch it self goes great, but when I do a re-entry on kerbal, my ship is totaly uncontrolable. Does this has to do with the wings and control surfaces or is this causrf due the tilting engines and other things that I'm not known off. I would realy like your - and others - opinion.

Thanks!

Great videos Matt I really enjoy the crazy but jenius designs. Just one question: Do you use a wiki or something for your planes beacuse they are very complicated (and awesome).

he is an ex-aircraft engineer.

(you know the little green people with safety hats and yellow overalls)

no offense matt, great videos

do you know were to download the novapunch remix pack.

NovaPunch is currently unavailable due to licensing issues - Tiberion has to get approval from NovaSilisko, CaptainSlug, and SundayPunch before he can distribute it on these boards.

• 2 weeks later...

When Youtube decides that WhiteOwl was not involved in click fraud.

(Click fraud is when you click the advertisements on your video repeatedly or you get someone else to. This makes Youtube give the video owner more money than they should, so they prevent them from releasing more videos while they investigate the issue.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.