The Completely Agreed Addition Thread

I disagree that RasterPropMonitor should be stock, but some of it's functionality should (like hatches in the IVA, and having more controls). My Mk1-2 shouldn't have MFDs! But my shuttles should, I guess. Actually, you know what, having MFDs would be pretty cool as long as they are nicely Kerbalized, and tech-tree related.

- - - Updated - - -

Same with tweakable SRB thrust curves. I haven't seen anyone not want them yet.

Yes, definitely want this.

I disagree that RasterPropMonitor should be stock, but some of it's functionality should (like hatches in the IVA, and having more controls). My Mk1-2 shouldn't have MFDs! But my shuttles should, I guess. Actually, you know what, having MFDs would be pretty cool as long as they are nicely Kerbalized, and tech-tree related.

I reckon the current IVA would be fine for the first pod you get, like a mercury analog. Later pods designed for more advanced missions would need a much better IVA, maybe as you say getting more displays as nodes are unlocked in the tree. I quite like that idea.

As for anyone who does not want better IVA, how could anyone not want this?

e8cJ9Jv.png

(sorry for the huge image)

Edited by John FX

I don't want new planets for stock, as they are RAM hogs and will reduce the amount of mods I can have/have before switching to OpenGL... The only time I'll be happy for new planets added is when we have stable 64 bit, so RAM limits would be a PC limitation, not a software one.

Which comes round to my suggestion... Stable 64 bit! And multi threading physics... Lag sucks.

THE CURRENT LIST:

clouds and other environmental enhancements

more planets (Especially Gas Planet 2!)X

water that does not eat your ships for no reason

more bugfixing and optimization

better art for parts and buildings

stock hinges and motors

stock on-vessel cameras

more vessel classifications (spaceplane, cruiser, etc.)

more station parts (preferrably ones that can do science) X

cockpit lights (to be decided in another discussion)

Kerbal attachment system analog

more engines (inline monoprop engines, more SRBs)

More nuclear stuff (reactors, more RTGs)

cockpit MFDs (whatever those are)

other star systems X

tweakable thrust curves

some floaty boat parts

Tiny Additions:

cockpit lights (to be decided in another discussion)

more engine smoke

option for launchpad towerX

mk3 tail cargo door

PROPELLER!*

this list is getting very long...

Feel free to add anything to this list.

1*: electric propeller with push/pull tweakable

2: new & better sound effects.

3: Life Support. (single resource life support, measured in "mission days")

XI don't think extra planets are needed. adding more detail to the ones we have would be better.

Xalso don't see a need for more station parts. although I understand the reason for wanting it. I think stations could be better looking with life support parts added.

Xno other solar systems. the tech needed goes beyond the scope of KSP. (maybe in a later "interstellar expansion")

Xi like launch towers but we can just build them our selves.

glad some one is compiling all this. good work.

would be good to provide links in the OP to relevant discussion or mod threads to better explain the ideas listed.

Edited by Capt Snuggler

1, cockpit lights (to be decided in another discussion)

2, other star systems

3, more engine smoke

4, option for launchpad tower

1, Lights on all the things. Really makes a station look inhabited (see SSPE). Would love. Also, this is in the Tiny Additions list as well - intended?

2, Yeah, this doesn't appeal to me. For sure, as a stock expansion or a mod, but until FTL travel (or warp drives) or other ways of travelling between them that don't result in sitting at max timewarp for 10 minutes are added.. yeah, not too excited about it.

3, I don't want more engine smoke, I want better engine smoke. Basically, HotRockets pls.

4, Why not make it a launch clamp like part, like FASA does? Looks great, acts like a launch pad tower, and can be placed wherever the user sees fit.

reposting from the feedback thread

All I want Is things to do once I land a kerbal somewhere. We didnt land on the moon for fuel, yet they spent 21 1/2 hours there when they landed there the first time, 2 1/2 hours of which was EVA activities. Let us deploy tiny experiments on the ground around our landing site.

This is the sort of stuff Im talking about : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_Lunar_Surface_Experiments_Package not just a "click and done" science job. let us grab and place experiments on the ground, and be more active in the gaining of science.

you could include some funny animations of a kerbal dropping a rock while holding a stopwatch or something too, things like that.

We went to the moon for knowledge, to advance mankind. Reflect that in your game please.

opinions on this? getting science is boring thus far.

Not to be a spoil sport but I really don't think we need better art for the buildings and parts, its great the way it is with exceptions of the unfinished cockpits which will hopefully be in the 1.0 update.

I also don't think we need simple life support. If it were to be in the game however have it as a tolerable option, some people want their kerbals to go interstellar and life support doesn't scale up very well.

A KAS in the stock game seems a bit op, just because it makes docking ports almost pointless and there's an aspect of challenge to designing a spacecraft to work with just docking ports and the ARM

I think we're near to the max amount of engines we need, though I do agree with maybe two more SRB's and an inline mono prop engine however thats all I would like to see in the game.

Otherwise I like the list, especially the improved water and weather. Weather on other planets would just be awesome.

Of course this is just my opinion. Feel free to oppose me everyone! :D

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree with volcanoes/geysers.

The processing and programming required is not worth the minor gameplay benefits.

I really really do want cockpit lights along with better MFDs during IVA like RPM.

Actually, to post a bunch of acronyms as suggestions, I`d like KAC, KAS, FAR, DRE, RPM, EVE...

If they did add geysers and volcanoes to other planets and moons (like laythe and kerbin and eve) it would add much more dynamics to the planets. Right now it feels like they are just rocks for you to land on, not active, breathing wonder worlds to be explored. I would fully support volcanoes and geysers in the game, however I think you're right in saying it may take time from squads development. If they found a way to do it easily without taking too much time from the games development that would be great! Maybe it'd be something to work on while developing weather? Just an idea

Can I suggest a reorganization of the list:

Tier 1 (must have)

Tier 2 (do want)

• still more bugfixing and optimization
  • Better Water (that does not eat your ships for no reason)
  • camera part (for science gathering and realtime picture in picture viewing)
  • more vessel classifications (spaceplane, cruiser, etc.)
  • more engines (inline monoprop engines, more SRBs)
  • Better IVAs (MFDs, instrument panels, flight data)

Tier 3 (would be nice)

-------------------------------------edit-------------------------------------

reposting from the feedback thread

opinions on this? getting science is boring thus far.

I agree with this.

Good idea making this list, although I would have to disagree with the floaty boat parts.

Having some water physics would be very nice, but I don't see boats in the stock game

I'm not in favor of a set or traditional boat hulls or yacht parts. I'm thinking more about a deploy-able flotation devices. maybe a pontoon stile thing and a little electric prop but nothing too "boaty".

just so you can land a rover on water and not have to scrub the whole mission.

Edited by Capt Snuggler

Not to be a spoil sport but I really don't think we need better art for the buildings and parts, its great the way it is with exceptions of the unfinished cockpits which will hopefully be in the 1.0 update.

I also don't think we need simple life support. If it were to be in the game however have it as a tolerable option, some people want their kerbals to go interstellar and life support doesn't scale up very well.

A KAS in the stock game seems a bit op, just because it makes docking ports almost pointless and there's an aspect of challenge to designing a spacecraft to work with just docking ports and the ARM

I think we're near to the max amount of engines we need, though I do agree with maybe two more SRB's and an inline mono prop engine however thats all I would like to see in the game.

Otherwise I like the list, especially the improved water and weather. Weather on other planets would just be awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

If they did add geysers and volcanoes to other planets and moons (like laythe and kerbin and eve) it would add much more dynamics to the planets. Right now it feels like they are just rocks for you to land on, not active, breathing wonder worlds to be explored. I would fully support volcanoes and geysers in the game, however I think you're right in saying it may take time from squads development. If they found a way to do it easily without taking too much time from the games development that would be great! Maybe it'd be something to work on while developing weather? Just an idea

Oh, I'm not saying it would not add to the game and make it more immersive, just that the time to code it, the memory it would take up and the processing needed to display it would probably not make it worth it.

If it could be added as part of a more general particle system as just a few lines of code then I would be all in favour of it.

Myself I'd rather have clouds if it was a choice as you see those from space much more often.

Regarding engines, I often need a 100kn engine with a low profile for landers, something I notice is missing with alarming regularity.

KAS doesn't make docking pointless. It's meant to be used alongside docking. The main reason we'd like KAS is for ground bases. Designing ground bases around docking ports isn't a 'challenge', it's a difficult, kludgy, inefficient, un-intuitive hindrance. Docking ports are better used in space, where we don't have to worry about whether the ports are level or not.

also, i have another suggestion

KIS (Kerbal Inventory System)

A pack to complement KAS, more intuitive part attachment, inventory GUI, etc.

Kottabos reviewed it not to long ago on YouTube. Definitely stock worthy.

I'm going to have to oppose you I'm afraid:sticktongue:

*The requirement for a basic life support system would add some desperately needed difficulty scale to the game as well as a reason to build bases and stations for containing all the heavy support equipment for recycling LS for long duration. by making long duration crewed missions more challenging it could also allow for "long duration science" and "science over time" as the life support requirement would prevent exploiting these systems with time warp.

probes would then properly fill there niche and Kerbals would fill theirs.

interstellar mods could just add an equally sci-fi "stasis pod" or "life support generator" but seeing as there is only one star in the stock game this is mostly irrelevant.

*KAS-like functionality and docking ports would fill two different roles. the ability to add a strut or a fuel line to a craft in the field would be very useful for bade building and orbital construction.

*I agree with your points about the engines. inline monoprop and another SRB would be sufficient. though a VASIMR engine would make a great late game addition.

Edited by Capt Snuggler

Keep the old locked chase cam as an alternative for us who are dependent on that feature.

As I wrote in another thread i posted, it would be impossible to do first person rovers with the new and "improved" chase cam like for example this:

firstpersonroving.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.