KSP "Dying On Top of the World" tribute to 1.0 - Video released

HafCoJoe

Will do Draconiator! Thanks everyone. Spartwo I'm taking videos of landings only, and screenshots of random stuff, though right now I need an up close face shot of a kerbal. If you/someone put a link here of such a pic You'd be guarantee to have it in the vid. These are looking awesome.

Will do Draconiator! Thanks everyone. Spartwo I'm taking videos of landings only, and screenshots of random stuff, though right now I need an up close face shot of a kerbal. If you/someone put a link here of such a pic You'd be guarantee to have it in the vid. These are looking awesome.

CalbasClose_zpscdgo3j5p.jpg

Calbas: I'M GONNA BE FAMOUS!!

So it's screenshots from earlier versions of KSP you want, eh? Well I've got plenty of those...

A Mun rover I made back in 0.22

dBTCo2C.png

TWO rovers and a lander on the mun, also in 0.22

OYXjYtS.png

A nice view of a space station I built back in 0.22 with Kerbin visible below it...

fbev7sI.png

A decent screenshot of one of the larger rockets I ever built in 0.22

u2WSZML.png

A decent picture of a probe I sent to orbit the Mun and later land on Minmus back in 0.22

JehAA75.png

A lonely probe on the red planet (Duna). Again, 0.22

HMvdftY.png

This is one way to get planes into space (planes I designed to fly on Duna back in 0.22- one of them eventually made it there, and could easily fly around, but had difficulty landing safely...)

ZYOTWwT.png

Or perhaps it's landings you want? (from 0.22, again)

doZsSrZ.png

Or maybe a re-entry? (0.22)

oAymjai.png

Spaceplanes are also fun. (0.22)

CTE0gSD.png

(Same craft- but 2nd pic is after updating to 0.23)

00xe4aj.png

I couldn't resist posting a couple screenshots of this Low Kerbin Orbit solar beamed-power satellite... (0.23)

QigQUtD.png

mMf4sO9.png

Or perhaps just some good ole' enormous rockets are what you're looking for? (0.23)

5QJtuSJ.png

Helicopters are nice... (0.23)

BfVa5MR.png

Especially when you add a rocket to the tail! (0.23)

AC2BDh2.png

Here's that space station again- this time on its way to Minmus (0.23)

YQMHAlc.png

Helicopter-based insanity (0.23)

OmRnCXz.png

5iX9kht.png

GZqVd2Y.png

E1YHOex.png

This helo' is carrying an entire mobile launchpad! (0.23)

0GBMDVa.png

qCxzDqZ.png

The ground-base (in the mountains west of the KSC) after it was developed a bit further.- and crewed by 6 Kerbals.. For a time, I used it for high-altitude launches to ease the fuel-requirements to orbit... (0.23)

COo1A8j.png

A Mun rocket heads for orbit. Yes those are a ring of BACC SRB's in the launch-stage... (0.23)

NUkcVLG.png

Now THAT'S a big SSTO... For scale, those little tanks around the bottom? 1.25 meters. (0.23)

3G628LU.png

A rocket about to leave Munar orbit (that's a space station in the background- but turned so you only see one of its fuel tanks...) 0.23

LJGVK7v.png

A spaceplane, orbiting Minmus, and preparing to head for Duna (0.23)

IT1DQO3.png

And a refueling and orbital-recycling depot (0.23)

gxcGIh0.png

A view of the Mun out a lander window (0.23)

wNPPvtr.png

Regards,

Northstar

Edited by Northstar1989

Not too sure if its been completed I guess so.. but id like to contribute anyway..

Here is one of the early experiments with trains propelled by jets rather than electric (over a year ago).. proving that anything above 50m/s ends baddly.. with the sombre recovery of any surviving crew by a rescue train sent the next day..

vJ5jFJI.jpg

A current generation Diesel-Electric KTP-44 class with a kerbal driver at a photo stop before shutting down for the night

AMGfOrf.jpg

And lastly - something in between the two.. a mid generation landliner passenger train departs KSC to crew an outpost station

aFBujbX.jpg

Unfortunately, don't have the first ones

but hope that helps as well...

First screenshot:

9VmVGpq.png

First real station (I didn't know how to dock :D)

kuKxSWy.png

+ a few as a bonus:

They see us rollin', they hatin'

VcPbRdw.png

cpjWhqS.png

I am not sure whether this would qualify for the firsts, but this is my first real space shuttle (or VTOL Plane)

401TrMu.png

And more for the "random images part" (I'm obsessed with re-entry, and went through most of my new screenshots to deliver the best of JebKerboomâ„¢)

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by InterCity

Hey all! I've gotten all the images I need for my project. Thanks everyone for the submissions! Updating OP.

And make sure to watch that video in the OP if you want to know how/where the images will be used.

---

I've sent you a PM about that first one. I'll use that one if you can center it about the kerbal ;).

Yeah, This one was cheat powered.

http://i.imgur.com/TCvOn5c.jpg

Bahaha XD Using that for sure.

And more for the "random images part" (I'm obsessed with re-entry, and went through most of my new screenshots to deliver the best of JebKerboomâ„¢)

http://imgur.com/a/txuSm

I'll be using the third screenshot in that because it fits perfectly for a short section of the vid where 8 screenshots zoom in towards an EVA kerbal.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Bahaha XD Using that for sure.

Infinite fuel may have been required, but that craft taught me a lot about making multifunction craft, and inspired a generation of mobile landers, like the one above it. That '0.18 romp around the solar system still has a special place in my memory.

EcwhxCUl.jpg

I consider this event something either in a sci-fi story, or in the far future of most of my saves.

Looking forward to see how your video turns out!

I am confused. The OP says, "I've been playing KSP for technically five years at this point," but KSP has only been in development for a little over four years, and it hasn't even been four years since the first public release: http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Version_history#v0.7.3

So what does "technically five years" mean? Is it a sort of rounding thing, where if you have played for more than two and a half you round up to five? So after you've played seven and a half years you'll have played "technically ten years" sort of thing?

I am confused. The OP says, "I've been playing KSP for technically five years at this point," but KSP has only been in development for a little over four years, and it hasn't even been four years since the first public release: http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Version_history#v0.7.3

So what does "technically five years" mean? Is it a sort of rounding thing, where if you have played for more than two and a half you round up to five? So after you've played seven and a half years you'll have played "technically ten years" sort of thing?

Oops! It was like midnight when I posted this okay XD. lol. Yeah got the demo back in version 0.13. That was about 4 years ago if I recall correctly. Updating!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.