[1.1.2] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) 1.2.12

KospY

Stock Docking Port Jr., trying to attach it to either the Probodyne probe or the Mk1 Lander Pod while on EVA, using 1.1.

Just tested and it work on the mk1 lander pod (stack or surface node).

Can you try without any mods and provide the log file ?

Minor detail here: Is there a reason why textures were not converted to DDS?

If I had to guess kospy has been focusing on getting the mod working with 1.0 first. There are plenty of other mods who plan on converting textures but wanted to get the mods playable first

I tried to disassemble a ship on the Mün. It ran smoothly until I tried to reload the scene while parts were scattered in the ground. The game dropped to less than 1 FPS when I reloaded and does not improve. Is anyone else experienced this?

Figured out my issue! It was just me being dumb, but you might want to update the manual anyway (so as not to turn away other dumb players. :P )

I hadn't realized that I needed to do something special to "Equip" the wrench - I was just holding parts over things and pressing X, and wondering why it wasn't working. I assumed that it was just checking if I had a rench in my inventory.

Awesome mod!

Feature request! I'd love it if the Kerbals' helmets were an item, so we could take them on and off on planets like Kerbin and Layth.

Really, I thought that was only in Texture Replacer. So this is a stock thing or is this part of this mod?

See Below

1.1.0 (30 April, 2015)

- KSP 1.0 Compatibility

- [New Part] 2.5m inline container (20 000L)

- [New Part] Ground base (similar to KAS Pylon)

- [Feature] Part snapping on stack nodes (electric screwdriver only)

- [Feature] Containers snapping on mount (removed "item drag to mount" behaviour)

- [Feature] Small containers can now be carried on kerbal's back (but kerbal speed is limited on ground)

- [Feature] Allow part from editor scene to be dragged to inventory (for tweaking them before storing them)

- [Feature] Added multiple node support for PartMount module

- [Feature] Added TweakScale compatibility

- [Feature] Added ability to name containers

- [Feature] Added a button in the kerbal inventory to put/remove helmet

- [Feature] Added ability to set equip to "model"(default), "part" or "physic" in ModuleKISItem

- [Feature] New item module to tweak some kerbal parameters when item is equipped (for modding)

- [Feature] Current attach node is now displayed on the cursor

- [Feature] Show science data of stored items

- [Feature] Settings.cfg file is now loaded as a confignode (allow module manager to add partModules to the Stackable list)

- [Feature] Show content resources, cost, mass and science data for stored containers

Also, I made a module manager patch to make all the stock science sensors EVA usable. You can find it here.

I also get this problem with small parts (ladders for exemple). However, there is no problem to drop bigger part on the ground.

I'm trying to fix this issue. Meanwhile, I recommend to always drop small items on another part (the container for exemple).

I wonder if the problem was also present in 1.0.X ?

Yep, it happened in 1.0. Thanks for the mod anyway!

Hi, sorry if this has been asked before (no, I haven't read through the entire thread), but just wondering about ModuleKISPartMount and the allowedPartName parameter.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have an allowedPartType? That way when adding a new part, it only has to specify what type(s) it is, and all mounts which support that type can mount it. Currently one has to create a new part, as well as editing all mounts onto which it can be mounted.

Just a thought.

Hi KospY, I'm having trouble transitioning my Portable Science Container mod from KAS to KIS; it features an EVA backpack that can store multiple science experiments and an integrated antenna (ModuleDataTransmitter + my ModuleScienceContainer extension). Transmitting the data via the built-in antenna doesn't clear the experiments properly and results in experiment data duplication once the backpack is dropped from the inventory. Duplication also happens when a kerbal enters a command pod with data ending up both in the pod and the backpack (the pack falls off the kerbal though).

Is there anything I can do to alleviate this issue?

Update:

After some more testing I can conclude that:

With ModuleKISItem.carriable = true, experiment data duplication occurs when dropping the item after transmitting data or entering a command capsule (and the item doesn't end up in the kerbal's inventory)

With ModuleKISItem.equipable = true, experiment data duplication occurs only when dropping the equipped item - unequipping and reequipping updates the science container though, and entering a command pod transfers the experiments (and the item itself) correctly

Edited by Zorbaq

It would appear as though the bug fixed in 1.0.2 (Resource mass added to dry mass) has returned in 1.1. I only did a small amount of testing, but there was a noticeable increase in command pod mass just like before. Going to test without KIS now to see if it's something else.

EDIT: Looking at the source code, it has indeed returned.

EDIT2: And wow, a Mk1 Command Pod edited to have 16t of MonoPropellant is about 32.8t full and 16.8t empty. Yep, it returned.

Edited by DerpyFirework
Confirmed

ok im looking for abit of help as a former kas lover ... (i use mks oks ) how in gods green earth do i get struts to attach .... i have used ... both spanner and drill ... i can get one end to attach fine ... with no connection for the other end of the strut ......

currently cannot use most of the mods i love until i can work this issue out .... i know im not the only one with this issue that as posted on this thread but no one answered him ... so is this something that kis just cant do currently ...

It would appear as though the bug fixed in 1.0.2 (Resource mass added to dry mass) has returned in 1.1. I only did a small amount of testing, but there was a noticeable increase in command pod mass just like before. Going to test without KIS now to see if it's something else.

EDIT2: And wow, a Mk1 Command Pod edited to have 16t of MonoPropellant is about 32.8t full and 16.8t empty. Yep, it returned.

How did that manage to reappear? Hope it gets fixed quick though.

Hello.

I love this mod, but I was wondering if I could skip the 'equipping tools' part of the procedure for mounting/dismounting parts. Is there a way to make the kerbals use the tools (wrench, screwdriver) directly from the inventory?

Thanks for the report, it seem I get something wrong using github branching...

Update is needed... 1.1.1 released :)

[B]1.1.1 (1 May, 2015)[/B]
- [Fix] Fixed (again) wrong mass calculation for part with resources
- [Fix] Fixed "Escape" not correctly spelled

Edited by KospY

huh, if I just put parachutes in the command pod's inventory it doesn't get added to the total weight of the ship.

http://imgur.com/a/AHdXP

I haven't really tested a lot of other stuff, but it does the same with the Mystery Goo.

I'm guessing it's supposed to ad the weight...?

huh, if I just put parachutes in the command pod's inventory it doesn't get added to the total weight of the ship.

http://imgur.com/a/AHdXP

I haven't really tested a lot of other stuff, but it does the same with the Mystery Goo.

I'm guessing it's supposed to ad the weight...?

Engineer report don't seem to take into account the mass update when item are added in the inventory.

It's not critical (the mass is correctly set in flight), but I will take a look to see what I can do about this.