What features do you think should be worked on after 1.0

What would you like the devs to add after 1.0  

86 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like the devs to add after 1.0

• More part's that add features to the game
    • More part's that improve existing features
    • Visual enhancement, clouds, etc.
    • More game mechanics, like advanced contracts

Maxmaps has asked us if we would like improvements in performance and bugfixes for existing features or more features for 1.0. Reading the comments on that thread, I think most of us agree that bugfixing and such is the most important aspect of 1.0, with some concerns for balance and what not.

I also think that's important for 1.0, but the dev's willingness to ask us if we want more features makes me wonder what I would still want being added to the stock game after release.

I have not included Unity 5 in the poll because mostly everyone want's that anyway. Maxmaps' comment makes me think the devs will get to that when they get to that.

More planets should be counted as part of "game mechanics", so if that's what you want, vote 4.

Oh, and I forgot multiplayer... I guess, count that as 4 too.

(I think I made a spelling mistake in the poll. It should be "parts", not "part's", right? Forgive my poor English)

Edited by Musil

But...we don't know which features will make their way into 1.0. After reading Max's post i think devs are prepared to push back some things, and ask us what should it be. In my opinion this discussion is premature, until we get the confirmation what will be in 1.0, and what will be delayed to 1.1.

Hmmm... I think we know. They have said the improved atmosphere, fairings, mining and added relevance to the Kerbal XP system are already in. Maxmap's was asking if we wanted still MOAR things.

This post is mainly to vent. I said in that thread the current plan for 1.0 was good, and my only concern is balance. But I still want to dream about my perfect stock KSP for 1.1 and beyond, so here we can do that.

Out of your choices : "More part's that improve existing features"

--> Electric Propellers / solar panel wings (or solar panel coating aka 'film' to coat surfaces with)

And you're right about Unity5. Mostly because that will benefit me tremendously.

Though I voted for visual enhancements for immediately post 1.0, I would love to see more experiments down the line. There is such a wealth of science to be done in space, and I want to be able to experiment more and more! Personally, I'd love to give space stations a bigger role in experiments, preferably done inside the crewed part, as opposed to stuck to the outside last-minute

Though I voted for visual enhancements for immediately post 1.0, I would love to see more experiments down the line. There is such a wealth of science to be done in space, and I want to be able to experiment more and more! Personally, I'd love to give space stations a bigger role in experiments, preferably done inside the crewed part, as opposed to stuck to the outside last-minute

There are some good mods that do that. DMagic orbital science is a must.

It's my first language and I completely agree.

Not wanting to turn this thread into a language pissing contest, I wasn't talking about the relative difficulty of first->second languages. One reason for English becoming such a universal lingua franca, besides colonization, is that learning English is actually quite easy: no endless verb inflections! But Spanish has very clear and unmistakable spelling rules, and graphical accents make it very easy to read a word and know how to say it. So, for me, reading a word and having no idea how to say it, and viceversa, is... just... too much to handle. And apostrophes are hell, just hell.

That is actually very useful. Thanks!

Saying that, spelling rules in English make no sense at all. And no graphic accent! Truly, an uncivilized language ;)

Well, I like the lack of accents, makes for a clean, compact character set (there are some 5-bit encodes for it, afterall!). Aside from that, though, I fully agree, the rules are rather random and arbitrary..

I refer to that site myself sometimes, even with English as my first language. It's quite handy, and also funny :)

I voted visual enhancements but really as I said in Maxmaps thread, the clouds should be done before 1.0 is released for the sake of sales performance. A lot of people buy games because they are pretty, not the best of decisions, but they do it anyway.

Asking what I want?

What a way to drop it. I thought they had the plan on what version 1.0 is to be.

Personally never had to put up with any reproducible crashes, but obviously bug fixes should go with everything, but if it was a choice or one or the other, i'd like less crashing :/

I use mods for the rest. (maybe causing the crashing lol)

Not voting this time, those votes confused me a bit but i'd like existing parts and features a bit more customisable - Specifically. e.g. for the wheels i'd like to control ride height, suspension stiffness, tread thickness, max turning angle and an option to use throttle as wheel speed/power etc.

There was a mod that did those things, i've not got it for my .90 game. :(

Ooh but since they're asking - a folding lading gear with wheels, back to the future style would be nice lmao jk

Planets improvements: more of them, more interesting surfaces, real atmospheres (variable temperature, pressure...etc. that influence flight and experiments), dangerous environments (volcanoes, rivers, rings/asteroid belts).

Some additional effects would also improve immersion a lot like the CollisionFX mod. Dust particles, weather, disassembly effects... a lot of things could be improved.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.