How in the... ever notice this?

Xannari Ferrows

Couds, or cloudy vision? [That was... just bad]  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Couds, or cloudy vision? [That was... just bad]

• Clouds
    • Backdrop
    • An illusion

Everyone knows the VAB door is just a painting to simulate the outside... inside, it's an airlocked environment to prevent Kerbals from breathing outside air. Why do you think they always need spacesuits?

yeah I'm kidding

Yes and it also a historical fact that the very first kerbal invented the spacesuit within 30 seconds of his coming into being. Necessity is the mother of all invention.

Yes and it also a historical fact that the very first kerbal invented the spacesuit within 30 seconds of his coming into being. Necessity is the mother of all invention.

Or Kerbals had global warming problems, eventually leading to the atmosphere being toxic. This would explain why there is no civilizations anywhere, and they're so obsessed with space travel because their planet is ruined and they need to find a new home.

It's a common glitch. Makes exhaust appear in front of you instead of behind you :P I'm being serious, though

Iv'e never considered that a glitch, (although it may be) Always thought of it as a guide to your trajectory. Pre- exhaust?

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe in order to not make the engineers go crazy, but still... you guys have some crazy imaginations!

Yeah, well,,, we're KERBS

- - - Updated - - -

I think it is a painting, the fact that the Kerbals distant ancestors, the Wil-E Coyotes, have perfected brilliantly realistic paintings, only lends more support.

http://hyperallergic.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/65653_480665038668988_1818017875_n.jpg

It's just on a much larger scale, and the difference between Kerbals ancestors, the coyotes, is that Kerbals work together. Perhaps there was a massive, "Outside Painting Army" during the VABs construction? You decide.

"Meep meep"

You know clouds are real... The truth is out there! SQUAD is hiding it from us... But I know the secret! *muffled crash downstairs*. ... What was that? *gunshots and yelling as the screen goes dark, covered by a SQUAD logo.

I guess we'll never know the secret of the clouds...

Wait... you can leave the VAB?

You can indeed, but remember not to go in and out too often because it will mess with your memory. This is what happened to Squad and now their memory is clouded since they have appeared to have forgotten about fixing the memory, remember? That's why Squad remembered to put clouds in the VAB, so they wouldn't forget about fixing the forgotten VAB switching memory clouding...

This option wasn't in the poll, so I voted "other"

I may have forgotten to take my medicine...

Maybe in order to not make the engineers go crazy

Alternately, maybe the always present illusion daytime is to keep the VAB/SPH crew awake. The space program does run all hours.

Though I'm not particularly convinced kerbals have a light effected wake/sleep cycle like we do, but still.

Did you also notice - just in case you "sometimes" build at night - that inside the VAB and SPH its ALWAYS daylight. Strange things are going on here :) I'd almost say illusions.

It might as well be a nice painting on the VAB door.

It would actually be hilarious if someone made the VAB door just a painted on outside. Haha

It would actually be hilarious if someone made the VAB door just a painted on outside. Haha

It's worse than that.

Obviously the VAB as we know it isn't even in the KSC!

If you glitch inside the VAB in flight mode, it's hollow, so the VAB in the KSC must be a prop. In fact, this goes for all the buildings, they're all just props. Filled with explosives.

The *real* VAB isn't visible anywhere else, though, so I submit that the VAB is underground and the view outside is just a painting.

And they harness the Kraken to get it from the underground base to the launchpad.

(yes yes I know the VAB is a completely different Unity scene than the flight scene and whether it's hollow or not in the flight scene makes no difference in the VAB scene because they're not really the same building yes yes I know but this is humour)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.