[1.2.2] Contract Pack: Bases and Stations 3.6.1 (30/04/2017) (formerly Kerbin Space Station)

severedsolo

Yes, the station core docking port is still there in the CTT tree too.  I just built a station using it, hoping that it would get the station contracts to wake up and notice me.  Haven't been able to get any station or base contracts yet, though I made most of my career progress with scansat installed and before you release your fix last week so maybe it'll just take some time.

7 hours ago, bonesbro said:

Yes, the station core docking port is still there in the CTT tree too.  I just built a station using it, hoping that it would get the station contracts to wake up and notice me.  Haven't been able to get any station or base contracts yet, though I made most of my career progress with scansat installed and before you release your fix last week so maybe it'll just take some time.

I was able to make quite good money, by

Spoiler

.... using what is called Single-Stage-To-Orbit Rocket. Basically, build something that can propell 15 tons at 1.45 TWR with at least 4000 dV, and you are done. And parachutes, at least one for each 4 ton of empty total rocket weight. No boosters, nothing that separates. Ofc, this limits rocket total capacity, but most payload falls within 15-20 tons - rest can be assembled in orbit.

Such a rocket costs about 10-15k to launch, if you manage to land it near KSC - you get 80-95% cashback.

Usually I can combine -  1-2 Kerbin orbit rescue with 2-4 tourists (space tourism pak), which bring 100k-200k in.

Also, launching asporagus-style satellite into polar orbit of the mun with OKTO and science exactly to cash on "measure xxx above/below xxx meters at mun". Thats pure 100k from contract.

Edited by Kerbal101

22 hours ago, bonesbro said:

I've been having a problem with station contracts not waking up for me as well, in my latest career save - started a few days ago.  I've got CTT, with docking port, do Jr, and do senior unlocked.  I've done a manned fly by of Mun, and flanted a flag on Minmus.  I've also started doing anfull set of scans on both moons via ScanSat and DMagics orbital bits.

The scan location for base on Mun contract has shown up, waiting on highres altimeter scan now.

But station contracts haven't been green lit yet, and I'm not seeing them in the contract preloaded section of the persistence file either.

I hadn't had any problems with the station contracts in my last career save from earlier January (bases - dcanning were having problems then.)  Is there any possibility that something was updated with either the contract pack or contract configurator itself that might be messing up the start station contract?

1 hour ago, mcortez said:

I've been having a problem with station contracts not waking up for me as well, in my latest career save - started a few days ago.  I've got CTT, with docking port, do Jr, and do senior unlocked.  I've done a manned fly by of Mun, and flanted a flag on Minmus.  I've also started doing anfull set of scans on both moons via ScanSat and DMagics orbital bits.

The scan location for base on Mun contract has shown up, waiting on highres altimeter scan now.

But station contracts haven't been green lit yet, and I'm not seeing them in the contract preloaded section of the persistence file either.

I hadn't had any problems with the station contracts in my last career save from earlier January (bases - dcanning were having problems then.)  Is there any possibility that something was updated with either the contract pack or contract configurator itself that might be messing up the start station contract?

So apparently I broke this in 3.0.3.

Contract Pack: Bases and Stations 3.1.4 released!

• Removed legacy "KSS Docking Port" part. If you still need it, grab it from an older release.
  • Fixed bug where new station contracts won't generate while there are no stations in orbit.

1 hour ago, severedsolo said:

• Removed legacy "KSS Docking Port" part. If you still need it, grab it from an older release.
  • Fixed bug where new station contracts won't generate while there are no stations in orbit.

B-E-A-utiful! That seems to have fixed the issue, thank you  :D

7 hours ago, severedsolo said:

Great and I'm stuck at work with no way to get my contracts a-moving!

Thanks for the quick fix!

So I was just going over the first post, and realised I haven't updated it since the pack first came out. This pack has grown ALOT since then, and now of course includes two separate contract packs.

I spend alot of time working on this, and not alot of time playing with it (which is ironic, as I originally created it to fix my own personal annoyances in the stock gameplay). On top of that, my writing skills... are pretty atrocious.

Anyway, I wonder if anyone would be willing to write a short blurb explaining exactly what this pack does, even a small review. Obviously any that get featured on the first post would be given full credit to the author.

23 hours ago, severedsolo said:

Thank you very much, my friend!!

If I've already received a contract for a base on Mun, and have built it out - along with completing a few extra contracts, like medical evac, science expansion, communications problem -- should I at some point be offered a contract for a base on Minmus?  I've sent probes to Minmus, landed, done a biome scan and a manned fly-by, but no offers of a base contract there yet.

Thanks!

43 minutes ago, mcortez said:

If I've already received a contract for a base on Mun, and have built it out - along with completing a few extra contracts, like medical evac, science expansion, communications problem -- should I at some point be offered a contract for a base on Minmus?  I've sent probes to Minmus, landed, done a biome scan and a manned fly-by, but no offers of a base contract there yet.

Thanks!

Should do. If you want to upload your save I can check all the switches have been thrown if you like. The base contract line can be quite complicated.

17 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

Should do. If you want to upload your save I can check all the switches have been thrown if you like. The base contract line can be quite complicated.

If you can spare the time:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/z1s69wdmlqcqz28/persistent.sfs?dl=0

Edit: May have figured it out.  I think I already had a AltimetryHiRes > 80% for minmus before you added that to the contract pack a little while back.  

Since it's already > 80%, would that prevent the Base Scan contract from triggering (it has a requirement that it be less than 80%)?  Or would it skip that and just go straight to the Rover scout mission?

Edit Again:  Is this body dependant, or only one for the whole contract group?  Since it's already true for Mun, would that prevent it from triggering on Minmus?

REQUIREMENT
{
	name = BaseConstruct
	type = Expression
	expression = ($BaseConstruction != true)
}

Edited by mcortez

@mcortez - I found your problem. That $BaseConstruction flag is meant to be to stop the rover missions and the create base missions from generating at the same time (because otherwise the rover can end up all over the place).

In your case, it looks like you never completed BaseCreate so the flag never got turned off again. (You probably just built the base without waiting for the contract I'm guessing?). I can't even see that it generated.

What you need to do, is pop into your save and find this section:

SCENARIO
    {
        name = PersistentDataStore
        scene = 7, 8, 5
        DATA
        {
            TouristCount = Double:16
            TouristLowOrbitCount = Double:16
            Tourism_HotelConstruction = Double:1
            BaseConstruction = Boolean:True
        }
    }

Change that line that says BaseConstruction = Boolean:True to BaseConstruction = Boolean:False.

To answer your other questions:
The Scan Mission will be skipped if you've already done the scan. It will just go straight to the rover mission.

$BaseConstruction is independant of body. It's switched on when you complete BaseRover and turned off when you complete BaseCreate. The reason for this is quite simply that I can only define one rover at a time. If you happen to accept another rover mission before you accept the Create mission, the contract won't be able to find the location of your new base and will error.

Edited by severedsolo

23 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

In your case, it looks like you never completed BaseCreate so the flag never got turned off again. (You probably just built the base without waiting for the contract I'm guessing?). I can't even see that it generated.

Hmmm...  Well, I did complete the rover mission with a fairly large Karibou rover -- so it's possible that it qualified as satisfying both the rover mission and the base creation.  Sometimes when attaching MKS/USI parts to a rover/ship/station, it flips the vessels type to base.  It seems to happen with any part that has "VesselType = Base" in the part definition.

So it's entirely possible after I completed the rover, mission, I might have gone EVA and attached a component to the rover from KIS inventory that flipped it's type to base...

Thanks for taking the time to dig into it.

44 minutes ago, mcortez said:

Hmmm...  Well, I did complete the rover mission with a fairly large Karibou rover -- so it's possible that it qualified as satisfying both the rover mission and the base creation.  Sometimes when attaching MKS/USI parts to a rover/ship/station, it flips the vessels type to base.  It seems to happen with any part that has "VesselType = Base" in the part definition.

So it's entirely possible after I completed the rover, mission, I might have gone EVA and attached a component to the rover from KIS inventory that flipped it's type to base...

Thanks for taking the time to dig into it.

I'll force the player to build a base if they have started the quest line from the next update, even if they don't need to. At least that way the flag will get turned off again.

• 2 weeks later...

When attempting to install with CKAN the version is reported as 1.1.1 max version KSP version 1.0.4 resulting in the need to manually install. I'm curious as to why it takes so long to get mods updated on CKAN. This really is one of my favorite contract packs. CKANs refusal to allow me to install perfectly functional mods for version 1.0.4 can be a real annoyance. Just give me a pop-up warning and let me decide if I want to take the risk.

6 hours ago, Nicholiathan said:

When attempting to install with CKAN the version is reported as 1.1.1 max version KSP version 1.0.4 resulting in the need to manually install. I'm curious as to why it takes so long to get mods updated on CKAN. This really is one of my favorite contract packs. CKANs refusal to allow me to install perfectly functional mods for version 1.0.4 can be a real annoyance. Just give me a pop-up warning and let me decide if I want to take the risk.

There was a problem with CKAN when I updated to 1.0.5. I had thought they had been resolved but I guess not. Unfortunately not really able to offer much help, as I only support the latest version of KSP, and 1.1 is probably 2-3 weeks away. Just be aware that newer updates are only compatible with 1.0.5. If you look a couple of pages back I say which one was the last 1.0.4 release.

5 minutes ago, Nicholiathan said:

I want to use the latest release and want it maintain the latest release. The problem is having to manually download and reinstall with every update because CKAN thinks that this mod is not compatible with 1.0.5.

Contract Configurator has to change for pretty much every new KSP release.  When Contract Configurator introduces new features that mods like this one start to make use of, that automatically makes them incompatible with older KSP versions because the required Contract Configurator version won't work on that old version.

In short - @severedsolo knows what he's talking about, and when he says that the current version of his mod doesn't support older versions of KSP, then he is absolutely correct.

I am running KSP version 1.0.5. The version history for this mod indicates that since version 3.0.2 it has been updated for KSP 1.0.5. Are the version history notes therefore incorrect? I had been assuming that they were correct and that the problem was that CKAN was incorrectly reporting that is max version 1.0.4 compatible. If CKAN is correct that this mod can not be used with the current version of KSP then the version history should be updated to reflect that it is not yet ready for use with KSP 1.0.5. I appologize if I had been unclear.

14 minutes ago, Nicholiathan said:

I am running KSP version 1.0.5. The version history for this mod indicates that since version 3.0.2 it has been updated for KSP 1.0.5. Are the version history notes therefore incorrect? I had been assuming that they were correct and that the problem was that CKAN was incorrectly reporting that is max version 1.0.4 compatible. If CKAN is correct that this mod can not be used with the current version of KSP then the version history should be updated to reflect that it is not yet ready for use with KSP 1.0.5. I appologize if I had been unclear.

No so much unclear, as I think you had a typo and said 1.0.4 when you meant 1.0.5:

19 hours ago, Nicholiathan said:

CKANs refusal to allow me to install perfectly functional mods for version 1.0.4 can be a real annoyance.

@severedsolo - he is indeed right, the CKAN meta-file is saying max KSP version is 1.0.4, even though the NetKan is setup to read your KSP-AVC file and your KSP-AVC file correctly says 1.0.5.  Best take this up with the CKAN folk as I don't see where the problem is.

Ah, you originally said 1.0.4, which is what lead to the confusion.

1 hour ago, Nicholiathan said:

@nightingale The meta data is actually correct. It's slightly confusing but I have an "epoch" on my CKAN version number, due to the issues when I upgraded to 1.0.5, so it's actually 1:3.1.4 (so doesn't at the bottom of the list). Can be seen here: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-meta/blob/master/ContractConfigurator-KerbinSpaceStation/ContractConfigurator-KerbinSpaceStation-1-3.1.4.ckan

I can also confirm the latest version of Bases and Stations is showing up for me in CKAN. Sorry @Nicholiathan but I think the issue is either at your end, or with CKAN. Either way afraid I can't help you, I'd post on the CKAN thread if I were you.

I got a contract to do a crew rotation on a base I landed on Duna, but it's giving me something like 1 year and 160 days to complete it. It's pretty much impossible to reach Duna and come back in that amount of time, unless it happens to coincide with perfect transfer windows, and still...

I guess I should have read the fine print of the contract before accepting it, but I think the deadline should be scaled to the target body. I'm not fluent in ContractConfigurator, but the config for this type of contract seems to be a fixed random amount of time:

deadline = Random(500, 700)

On a side note, is there any way to extend my current contract? I tried various things, including changing the second value in the "values" entry because it looked an awful lot like the deadline duration in seconds.