Scenario Craft

Dear KSP Players,

I have been wondering more & more about the scenarios provided in-game, more specifically the crafts, that are used within. I'd like to play around with them, but in my own saved game. So I ask you now, is there any way to download a craft file containing the entire station 1 &/or Kerbal 11? (as for the 11, I mean with both modules docked, & with the station, the entire setup?)

If it's at all possible I'd love to have it, or at least know how to get it.

If I can download both in their complete forms directly, I will give +10000 karma.

P.S. They should be in notepad formats for ultimate reward. I can change them on my own, thanks.

I think you need to extract it from the quicksave itself.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see them in there anywhere.

There was a mod(app?) I saw mentioned recently that allowed one to extract craft files from saved game files. Maybe that's the way to go.

Happy landings!

But what's it called?

If you make a new save, then copy the .sfs file in scenarios to the quicksave file in the new save you can play the ships in a normal save.(I can't test it right now, tell me if it works).

Good luck; and welcome to the forums!

I'm past this level by infinity.

Also, I've been on the forums for a while but it won't change my status, I don't want to be rude but please don't welcome me.

- - - Updated - - -

;1802235']Also you can try inserting those crafts directly into your persistent.sfs

Here I have extracted two crafts - Space Station 1 and Kerbal XX

You can copy and paste them into your persistent.sfs near any other VESSEL. It should make them appear in your savegame.

Please' date=' notify us if this will work.[/quote']

Thank you so much! I've been trying so hard to but failed on this every time.

Dear KSP Players,

I have been wondering more & more about the scenarios provided in-game, more specifically the crafts, that are used within. I'd like to play around with them, but in my own saved game. So I ask you now, is there any way to download a craft file containing the entire station 1 &/or Kerbal 11? (as for the 11, I mean with both modules docked, & with the station, the entire setup?)

If it's at all possible I'd love to have it, or at least know how to get it.

If I can download both in their complete forms directly, I will give +10000 karma.

P.S. They should be in notepad formats for ultimate reward. I can change them on my own, thanks.

I don't see them in there anywhere.

There was a mod(app?) I saw mentioned recently that allowed one to extract craft files from saved game files. Maybe that's the way to go.

Happy landings!

But what's it called?

You might be referring to my utility, InFlightShipSave. You can find it in this thread. I have not tried it on any of the scenario craft, but I imagine it should work. I do not do any "scenario" or "difficulty" setting checks when saving the files, and I don't believe those checks are embedded within the save functions.

I haven't updated it in a bit, but it's still a work in progress. The one major feature that's missing right now is correct handling of docking ports. It will save out files with docking ports, but they won't be properly constructed for the editor. Which basically means docking ports might require a little bit of .craft file manual editing until that bit is updated.

Not sure if that's what you're looking for.

Cheers,

~Claw

You might be referring to my utility, InFlightShipSave. You can find it in this thread. I have not tried it on any of the scenario craft, but I imagine it should work. I do not do any "scenario" or "difficulty" setting checks when saving the files, and I don't believe those checks are embedded within the save functions.

I haven't updated it in a bit, but it's still a work in progress. The one major feature that's missing right now is correct handling of docking ports. It will save out files with docking ports, but they won't be properly constructed for the editor. Which basically means docking ports might require a little bit of .craft file manual editing until that bit is updated.

Not sure if that's what you're looking for.

Cheers,

~Claw

I've used it, but it seems to bug out a little. I'll try some more, hope it works.

Thanks anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.