The Little People

SpacedCowboy

Have you ever been in VAB, building a ship and got a little bored? Take some time (and it really doesn't take any), lower the camera view down to the floor and zoom in. You can see all kinds of interesting stuff going on. Sometimes it almost seems like they know what they're doing! You got the white coat and glasses guys, (Science guys), White hard hat guys, (Engineers?) and Yellow hard hat guys, (Mechanics?) Hope we don't have to upgrade their EXP ratings,,, or will we have to?

I always had to build planes/rockets facing the ceiling, because of the excessive lagging... Then I figured out that you can turn the VAB/SPH personnel off. It's neat to have them there, but they're too demanding on the performance.

You can sometimes see them very weird stuff, like hammering the ground or invisible cart pushing. The vehicles are also crazy. They like to drift with frigging trucks that hauling heavy parts around and slip between each others like it is choreographed

I only noticed a few weeks ago that the trucks in the VAB sometimes drive onto an elevator, go way way way up, and drive around on the upper catwalks.

Yes, it goes up one elevator, travels across the catwalk, and then down the other elevator.

I was always humored by that one truck outside the VAB, raging around, drifting circles around the VAB... and the truck inside the VAB which runs over Kerbals. Someday they should update that, so the Kerbals go flying when hit, then get up and shake themselves off and resume their duties. lol

Yes, the vehicle tractors doing doughnuts can be quite entertaining.

That's my favorite part of it. Clearly they're joyriding, rather than seriously transporting anything. And I'm OK with that. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

I was always humored by that one truck outside the VAB, raging around, drifting circles around the VAB... and the truck inside the VAB which runs over Kerbals. Someday they should update that, so the Kerbals go flying when hit, then get up and shake themselves off and resume their duties. lol

Yes! :)

the big driving things doing crazy driving sideways and the likes is something that really does my head in. I like having all the little people running around the place, but those vehicles are, unfortunately going against everything i believe in. I've spent less time in the plane hanger :/

+1 Definitely need that in a future update. It would be so...Kerbal.

I've occasionally noticed them standing around looking like they are doing nothing, only to have them quickly resume their jobs as soon as you move the camera to look at them.

My favorite thing though is the little car doing donuts, because that's how rockets are built.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.