Official 1.0 MEGA Hype Thread!

kenbobo

Speaking of new aerodynamics, I'm hyped to learn how to use them.

It seems a number of even experienced players are having a hard time adjusting.

:sticktongue:

That sounds like really good news to me. I want a totally new system, I didn't realize how much I hated the old one because I thought I was stuck with it.

New tech tree!

New aero!

New wings!

New heat-induced explosions!

Resources!

We've got to get to Plaid Factor 6!

Happy landings!

I thought I told you that Plaid Factor 6 was almost impossible! Keep in mind it is really really exponential.We're at Plaid 3.5. That's about 20000 times faster than Plaid Factor 1.

I'm also hunting videos. So hyped right now! My brain is full of ideas. Gotta remember to do an R-7, I've picked up like 3 ideas already for one that will look awesome I think. Anyhow, there should be a playlist somewhere...

Rune. Can't wait! :)

When I saw the fairing creation in action, my mind went immediately to R-7/Soyuz.

I thought I told you that Plaid Factor 6 was almost impossible! Keep in mind it is really really exponential.We're at Plaid 3.5. That's about 20000 times faster than Plaid Factor 1.

It doesn't feel like plaid speed at all. Where are the reaction images? The constant refreshing?

When I saw the fairing creation in action, my mind went immediately to R-7/Soyuz.

I have every appendage crossed that my constellation landers survive the update.. Oh please oh please!

Also, why an R7 in particular?

It doesn't feel like plaid speed at all. Where are the reaction images? The constant refreshing?

It should come in time. But if we want to kick start it, we need a major source of hype, possibly something awesome that hasn't been discussed.

I'm still hoping we can warp straight through to Monday with enough hypervelocity.

Faster!

Happy landings!

We know the release date. No need for constant refresh. I would imagine the f5 might get some workout tomorrow (unless they release right at midnight[they won't]) but there's no reason for it today.

I have every appendage crossed that my constellation landers survive the update.. Oh please oh please!

Also, why an R7 in particular?

The pointy boosters should be really easy to replicate well using the new fairing creation system. That's the main thing. Then you can just leave the fairing separation in a stage where it will never occur.

I guess now that I think about it, this shouldn't be so bad for simply structural uses, like recreating the pointed shape of the N1. I think I can still make it work on some parts of my Saturn V as well, while still using wing pieces for other parts. I guess as an incremental change it's not so bad, just a little disappointing because it's not good enough to do 100% of what I want yet.

They just did a big SteamDB update, updating all three at once.

Page is down for me.

ETA: Back up now. Going on what I remember of the last few releases, that could be their release candidate.

Edited by Frybert

Many pages back. We've broken all previous hypespeed barriers with this update.

Do you remember .24??? You literally couldn't read the posts fast enough to keep up. Speed reading and when you click on the next page there would be two more pages added. We are nowhere close to that speed.

They just did a big SteamDB update, updating all three at once.

Looks like they consolidated them with that one.

*watches Das get tsunami'd by questions*

- - - Updated - - -

DasValdez just confirmed there isn't a delta-v readout. :(

DANGIT! :P

Not even in debug menu? Doing deltaV seriously doesn't seem like a hard thing to do.