[assuming you have music turned off] What music do you listen to when playing KSP?

SpaceLaunchSystem

Prog rock.

Alt Rock.

Stuff like Mass Effect's soundtrack (the first game, the rest are abominations) or EVE Online's soundtrack.

Sometime I can listen to electro or ambiance.

It's usually just a good time to try out and find new and interesting albums from bands I have not listened to yet. Most recent additions were Gryphon and Klaatu.

I mostly listen to Nightwish and Xandria while playing. Their songs sometimes match my game so well. It's fun to, for example, have it play "Ocean Soul" when I just somehow lost my parachutes and I'm crashing into the water. Or "Firestorm" when I'm not crashing into the sea.

I usually don't have the music completely of around 20 but it listen to podcast uaslly (but only when I'm playing causally not with freinds. But some of my freinds play music even when chatting so they can't even hear you XD)

I'll usually listen to Pink Floyd, Fleetwood Mac, or Steve Miller when building, but unless I'm absolutely confident that the vehicle is rock-solid and I know what it will do, I'll leave the music off when flying so that I can listen for anything out of the ordinary and for any BS that might come along. Although, If I'm doing fighter-style flying, I'll keep the music off so that I can focus on what's going on. Kinda like that driving law where you can only have an earphone in one ear so that you can listen to traffic in the other.

Edited by Flymetothemun

I always enjoy the building music. Kevin MacLeod's music that is used in space I also enjoy, but I often mute this. But I always keep the building mode music on for sure.

KM has written space music?

Song titles pls?

I don't listen to music very often, but I keep the music down for reasons.. I find it horrifying, especially with the chage of mood for every event.

I once accidentally killed a Kerbal after the destruction of a space station, and the music changed from "Space Whales" as people call it, to "Wizardtorium" by Kevin Macleod. It would play during a tragic disaster in space, and was very eerie, horrifying and creepy to hear suddenly.

I vowed to never kill a Kerbal in space, even if I can revert the flight.

Imagine listening to a song that sings triumph, success and space, and doing a big mistake which kills a beloved Kerbal. The music suddenly pauses.. and starts to play a song that you know was written to symbolize the point of no return, failure, and that there's nothing you can do. It's like being on the Moon, happily wandering around in a spacesuit. Mission Control suddenly calls, and tells you that there's no hope for your return, and you'll die there. All alone. They cut off communication with you, and now you're alone. You can't go back. You have nobody to talk to.

It's bone-chilling.

• 2 weeks later...
I'll usually listen to Pink Floyd, Fleetwood Mac, or Steve Miller when building, but unless I'm absolutely confident that the vehicle is rock-solid and I know what it will do, I'll leave the music off when flying so that I can listen for anything out of the ordinary and for any BS that might come along. Although, If I'm doing fighter-style flying, I'll keep the music off so that I can focus on what's going on. Kinda like that driving law where you can only have an earphone in one ear so that you can listen to traffic in the other.

I totally also listen to Steve Miller!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.