What Are Things You've Heard That Made You Facepalm?

michaelsteele3

i always facepalm when people use "electrocution" (implies the electroshock killed you) instead of "electrification"(doesn't specify wether you survived or not)... especially on the news, like : "this dude was electrocuted and his health state is critical". You don't say...

i also facepalmed hard when i introduced a friend to KSP and put the LFO tanks *under* the engine... Seriously, what did he expect ?

But here the engine is under the fuel tanks... Or maybe the tanks are around the engine... No, he just put a bunch of 1.25m tanks under a LV-T45 and a command pod on top ! Urgh...

Short version: The Last Thursday theory.

Long version: Some people claim the whole of existence was created last Thursday. They say that anyone who claims they have thoughts from before then were just created in their heads last Thursday. Sadly enough, supposedly it is impossible to debunk this theory... key word: supposedly...

*CUE HUGE FACEPALM*

Short version: The Last Thursday theory.

Long version: Some people claim the whole of existence was created last Thursday. They say that anyone who claims they have thoughts from before then were just created in their heads last Thursday. Sadly enough, supposedly it is impossible to debunk this theory... key word: supposedly...

*CUE HUGE FACEPALM*

Actually the whole thing isn't supposed to be a legitimate theory.

it was intended to to be one of those things that shows that the burden of proof lies not with the person refuting an unfalsafiable claim, but with the one who claims it to be true.

just like the theory that asserts that there is a teapot in a solar orbit somewhere between the orbits of earth and Mars. Easy to claim, impossible to debunk.

"Why should I care? It's not MY environment."

Also, my ex dragged me and the kids to church one Sunday. The unnamed pastor from the unnamed denomination said, "Not only are you wrong if you believe in Darwin, you are just flat out stupid!" Ughhhh......

Came across this... It's all either stupid sophisms, misquoted, bad sources, false, or plain BS. It's particularly funny from #30 to#35. I Also laughed/facepalmed when i read the very end of the article with the author's bio...

Edited by Hcube
Writing in english with autocorrect set to french is not easy

There was once a discussion about black holes and space overall in one Skype chat.

Then one person stated:

"Because we don't know anything about black holes, I choose to believe they are made of antimatter!"

And then rejected any and all reasons why they simply can't be.

Five

at
Freddy's.

I seriously don't get why people are fascinated with robots and horses.

What's so special about them? Why make a pony version of EVERYTHING?

...............................................................................(Good luck erasing MLP KSP from your mind.)

Edited by windows_x_seven

TBH.... ksp players asking like : how 2 install mods PLEASE HALP!! In the support sub forums... it makes me Facepalm real Hard...

And some others too sorry ksp players! :P

And those who put all in caps and those who cannot use english well (those who claim english is not their main language it's fine for me)

Some one said to me on the subject of the Malaysian 777 that went missing. ''They can find planets millions of miles away but they can't find a plane on Earth. Why don't they just point the Hubble Telescope at the sea?''

No comment.....;.;