What Are Things You've Heard That Made You Facepalm?

michaelsteele3

That's not as insane as it sounds. IIRC, the Hubble was based on a US Spy satellite that looked down.

Well, looking at earth with the hubble isn't the insane part, it's that somehow its supposed to find a plane among thousands of square miles of ocean.

It's like having one single virus on a table and using a microscope to find it.

Pardon my lack of popular knowledge, but what is FNAF?

Wh-wha? You managed to not know about it? Didn't the incredibly large amount of horribly made FNAF videos show up on YouTube over there or something?

:o

About FNAF 4 not being the last: FNAF 3 was supposed to be the last before. If FNAF 5 happens, I'll attempt to build a suborbital rocket made out of junkyard parts, that can reach a very high altitude.

Without life support.

(Jeez, there's going to be a movie about that darn thing already, why the heck keep the series alive? Scott Cawthon (HOW DARE HE CARRY THE NAME OF SCOTT, THIS IS BLASPHEMY AGAINST ALMIGHTY SCOTT MANLEY) has already spewed out 4 games in a year or something, will this horrible-game-making spree ever end?)

Edited by windows_x_seven

A few months ago when I was talking to a friend about places where we like to go fishing.

Me: "There's a big pond we used to go to, but now its dried up because of global warming and stuff." (I said this sarcastically, it was actually because a dam broke.)

Friend: "Wait, you believe in that stuff?"

Me: "What do you mean?"

Friend: "Well, I know like the Earth is warming up, and storms and droughts and everything, but didn't the Aztecs or the Mayans say..."

I stopped listening at that point. I don't talk to him anymore, though for reasons other than that.

http://i.imgur.com/hFbiRad.jpg?1

Aside from the fact that this is completely untrue, the caption says that "no one alive today has seen this", yet it is supposedly a photo.

That sounds like the thing I saw once saying that Pluto and Jupiter would align behind our planet and cancel gravity or something like that.

Aside from the fact that this is completely untrue, the caption says that "no one alive today has seen this", yet it is supposedly a photo.

I was just going to post about this. And it's not JUST this photo. This is simply the latest version of a 'chain letter' that has been circulating for decades. I remember a variant of it being handed to be that was printed out on a dot matrix.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_hoax

Not only does it make no sense for this email to circulate every year, since Mars is only in opposition with Earth every TWO years, but comeon... if this ever really happened, we'd be in some serious shizzle.

This story actually ticks me off even MORE than moon landing conspiracy theories because IMO, it requires an even greater blatant disregard for logic. I can't count how many times I've had to refute people who excitedly tell me about this Mars event.

Came across this... It's all either stupid sophisms, misquoted, bad sources, false, or plain BS. It's particularly funny from #30 to#35. I Also laughed/facepalmed when i read the very end of the article with the author's bio...

I immediately closed the window as soon as I saw the title "refuting" evolution with the utmost confidence, right above a blatantly wrong picture about how evolution is supposed to work.

Maybe that means she isn't damaging her BMW because if she did damage her BMW, her son would not be rescued. Mother refuses to damage her BMW, in order to rescue her trapped son.

THe only bad thing would be if it was Mother refuses to damage her BMW to rescue her trapped son.

See, logic! I swear it makes sense! English too! THe most sensible language! Don't hurt me. D:

- - - Updated - - -

This channel.

+rep to whoever manages to watch all of its videos and come out intact.

Have a sample:

NOTICE: THE AUTHOR OF THIS VIDEO SWEARS A LOT IN THIS VIDEO

zelda is a ripoff from minecraft

This can't possibly be real. I don't believe it. It's like a train crash, you can't look away.

This actually made its way into one of the largest national newspapers here. Eight years later, they still haven't removed the article from the online edition.

http://www.jutarnji.hr/dva-mjeseca-na-zvjezdanom-nebu/232952/

Google Translation here.

This channel.

Have a sample:

Holy....

My ears hurt from the shear amount of the F-word that this kid used. Like seriously, he can't be older than 12. His voice cracks when he swears. XD

I can't even. "Zelda is a ripoff of **** minecraft. Wanna know why, you **** ****? What do you do in **** Zelda? You **** swing a **** sword around. JUST LIKE IN **** MINECRAFT. and you go around, and kill **** monsters, and **** explore worlds. And where have I seen this before? Oh yeah, **** MINECRAFT!!!"

He had to take a breather every 2 minutes from all the screaming and swearing.

to mods, all swear words were replaced by ****, with no first letter or correct number of characters, that way it isn't obvious what he said, and anyone who doesn't know swear words won't be able to tell what it is at all.

This channel.

Have a sample:

Holy....

My ears hurt from the shear amount of the F-word that this kid used. Like seriously, he can't be older than 12. His voice cracks when he swears. XD

I can't even. "Zelda is a ripoff of **** minecraft. Wanna know why, you **** ****? What do you do in **** Zelda? You **** swing a **** sword around. JUST LIKE IN **** MINECRAFT. and you go around, and kill **** monsters, and **** explore worlds. And where have I seen this before? Oh yeah, **** MINECRAFT!!!"

He had to take a breather every 2 minutes from all the screaming and swearing.

His channel was confirmed to be a satire of minecraft and FNAF fans some time ago on Reddit.

Also

>replying to 27 day old posts

Edited by mythbusters844
because someone got too salty

-snip-

It's a troll, yes, but the sad thing is, there are kids that act like the channel does.

(i've actually heard a kid say that minecraft was the first game ever made and that it's the best)

Anyone here appreciate art?

Enough said.

Anyone up for more squeakers?

he's supposedly 15

I wish every day that his channel is satire, but sadly it doesn't seem like it is.

If you want something watchable (and actually pretty funny), have this video of a few guys watching one of his videos.

(profanity warning)

But it's also kinda facepalmy how these guys made fun of this kid.

Edited by mythbusters844

Behold, the Pluto Conspiracy!

New Horizons = FAKE

Easter Bunny & Santa Claus = Kuiper Belt Objects

Low-res images from Pluto = FAKE

I'm very pissed at the picture they have provided. Multi-million dollar camera on that piece of s*** probe and it gives us fuzzy pictures and CGI animations ?? And I'm paying for this s***?? Goddamn, I'll donate my ....ing $600 dollar camera to them. It has better resolution and picture quality... Hands down.

2A9EB03700000578-3165206-Conspiracy_theories_have_already_begun_circulating_about_the_ima-a-26_1437131709398.jpg

"400+ Million Miles" "9 Million Miles"

Haze around Pluto whereas the Moon doesn't have it = NASA Fakery (despite Pluto having an atmosphere).

EkOUtdh.gif