1.0 Creative Part Usage

asialsky

Ahem.. Speak for yourself matey.. :wink::P

I am :)

All those control surfaces and wing parts abused to shape a cockpit, which didn't help the planes' stability either. The mostly badly fitting structural parts (color never matched) also add to it.

But hey, I've tried.

Now with some procedural parts, that's a whole different story. Custom nosecone shapes, the cockpit itself, maybe an ejectable canopy for the abort sequence, ...

And of course also for "shaping" different sized hull sections or good looking pods, droppable fuel tanks, the list is endless.

I wonder what kind of options we have for the fairings. I never tried the current PF mod and what already could be possible with it.

Fjord

Funnily enough that was one of my first thoughts for the fairings too... Enterprise saucer section.

Great minds think alike!

If you can make disks that size - can you make toroids with them? I'm thinking large classic rotating-wheel space-station... - with a low parts count.

Oh man, idea.

What if we put a fairing INSIDE a fairing?

Kraken bait?

No idea if possible but see uses, for one future Eve accent crafts. In 1.0 I guess the design will be asparagus with aerospikes followed by asparagus with 48-7S on top and this you want to wrap in an shield, second is heat shields.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.