1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

i already post something like this on another page but i don't know which one to do it on to get help. anyway i don't get all the parts to the mod i don't  get the robot arm or the robot parts category thing so you don't have to go on unity and stuff like that i also don't get the part at the bottom right where u can control the parts. when i go to sandbox a bunch if parts are missing but when i go to the career mode and in to the technology most of the parts are there but when i research them i don't get the parts for some reason can some one please help me i have download all the mods i think i have the latest one on the curse website i have the rework model and v2 model and a lot more but i still don't get the parts please help

Edited by dbeast79

4 hours ago, dbeast79 said:

i already post something like this on another page but i don't know which one to do it on to get help. anyway i don't get all the parts to the mod i don't  get the robot arm or the robot parts category thing so you don't have to go on unity and stuff like that i also don't get the part at the bottom right where u can control the parts. when i go to sandbox a bunch if parts are missing but when i go to the career mode and in to the technology most of the parts are there but when i research them i don't get the parts for some reason can some one please help me i have download all the mods i think i have the latest one on the curse website i have the rework model and v2 model and a lot more but i still don't get the parts please help

Which version of KSP and IR are you using?

Rejoice my fellow kerbalnauts. You can finally fulfull most your actuation needs in the latest KSP 1.2 with this beta version of IR:

Beta KSP 1.2 compatible release

@ZiwKerman ZiwKerman released this 6 minutes ago

Update for KSP 1.2
It might still have some glitches, that is why it is beta and needs more testing.
No new features, but some annoying bugs fixed in this release.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO TURN OFF AUTO-STRUTS OR PARTS WON'T MOVE

Download it here:

https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/tag/2.0.6

Please report any bugs here or on github, WITH LOGS and screenshots/gifs of your craft.

PSA: parts are unchanged, please use your existing parts. There are NO PARTS in the download, just the plugin.

Edited by Ziw

What would be "proper" download and install order ? I assume this:

1. IR mod from spacedock made for 1.1.2. for parts or it is better to use latest 2.0.5. full release from github
  2. IR sequencer from github
  3. Model rework IR parts from ZodiusInfuser
  4. Latest beta IR plugin as in link from above post

Please correct me if I'm missed something, could be useful too for others to know if they have proper latest part pack and plugin. Less false bug reports that way.

EDIT:
Changed link for #3 - Model rework IR parts to proper one.

Edited by kcs123

15 minutes ago, kcs123 said:

1. IR mod from spacedock made for 1.1.2. for parts or it is better to use latest 2.0.5. full release from github

Please correct me if I'm missed something, could be useful too for others to know if they have proper latest part pack and plugin. Less false bug reports that way.

It depends on whether you intend to use the legacy parts or not. If you only plan to use reworked parts (as I do), then you only need the plugin from the 2.0.6 release and the parts of your choice.

In that case just latest beta and then Zodius's parts (they don't have any overlapping files so there is no particular order). If you do need the legacy parts, then your order is fine, except that the Sequencer is not updated yet for KSP 1.2, I plan to do it tomorrow.

{ KSP Version 1.1.3 and earlier }

Problem: IR parts and parts attached to them drift over time.

How it happens: Ships, that change SOI a lot, even if I sit through SOI chage at 1x time warp and ship is current vessel, IR parts and parts attached to IR parts shift a little. It hard to notice, but after few SOI changes you may find that your rotating antenna mount looks little askew. Of course, racing through SOI change with huge timewarp or letting your vessel to change SOI while not being a current vessel may lead to worse consequences.

It's old problem, once ... it was 0.90 or 0.25 ? ... I was horrified when I found that my satellite looks like cloud of parts, by the looks free floating, but in fact still attached to badly disfigured, halves separated, etc, IR parts.

Just now, WildLynx said:

{ KSP Version 1.1.3 and earlier }

Problem: IR parts and parts attached to them drift over time.

How it happens: Ships, that change SOI a lot, even if I sit through SOI chage at 1x time warp and ship is current vessel, IR parts and parts attached to IR parts shift a little. It hard to notice, but after few SOI changes you may find that your rotating antenna mount looks little askew. Of course, racing through SOI change with huge timewarp or letting your vessel to change SOI while not being a current vessel may lead to worse consequences.

It's old problem, once ... it was 0.90 or 0.25 ? ... I was horrified when I found that my satellite looks like cloud of parts, by the looks free floating, but in fact still attached to badly disfigured, halves separated, etc, IR parts.

It is an old problem, probably impossible to fix in older versions. A lot of KSP code was cleaned up in 1.2 so I'd say give it a try in newer version.

Just now, V8jester said:

Hey @Ziw, not to throw anything more on the pile. Out of curiosity. Did you do anything with the Blizzy's Toolbar icon not working in 1.1.3 for this new update?

It was just missing an actual icon file. Should be fixed in this zip file. Let me know if it is still an issue.

It's how it looks when fresh out of the VAB

Note standard docking port - it's how it attached to main structure.

Small docking port is used by craft that delivers them to orbit, usually in pairs.

Docking ports and IR don't mix well ... but how to avoid it?

It usually takes about 10 launches to fully assemble OSS class vessel...

jJhSD7s.png

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, WildLynx said:

It's how it looks when fresh out of the VAB

Notice standard docking port - hit's how it attached to main structure.

Small docking port is used by craft that delivers them to orbit, usually in pairs.

Docking ports and IR don't mix well ... but how to avoid it?

It usually takes about 10 launches to fully assemble OSS class vessel...

jJhSD7s.png

You should be fine with this setup, make a hard save before just in case.

7 hours ago, kcs123 said:

The link you are posting for the model rework pack is nothing but text file. Look here:

8 hours ago, V8jester said:

@Ziw I have been fiddling with 2.0.6 and that Blizzy Toolbar icon still no worky. Not complaining. everything else seems to be working great. Really appreciate you keeping the lights on.

Latest Toolbar does not work for me at all, so it's hard to test. Will report to Toolbar's thread.

I am having a problem with the Telescopic piston. I am using IR 2.0.5 in KSP 1.1.3. In the VAB it will only attach by a single node, and then when I try extending it in the VAB it extends a white part into the part to which it has been attached. The video of gantries in the first post seems to show multiple nested pistons that extend to lift the gantry. Any idea how I achieve that?

7 minutes ago, tomf said:

I am having a problem with the Telescopic piston. I am using IR 2.0.5 in KSP 1.1.3. In the VAB it will only attach by a single node, and then when I try extending it in the VAB it extends a white part into the part to which it has been attached. The video of gantries in the first post seems to show multiple nested pistons that extend to lift the gantry. Any idea how I achieve that?

Piston should have 2 nodes - one fixed node and one moving node. Post a screenshot and a log please.

10 minutes ago, Rainbowd4sh said:

So uhh, I downloaded the 1.2 beta and when I opened up KSP, no new parts, but an IR tab. I went into the game data directory and discovered the 1.2 beta download has 0 parts. 

Missed info written with big letters that there is no parts in beta release and you should use existing parts ?
Read posts below that about proper links and install order. Beware that I didn't updated links in posts after Ziw answered, so you have to search for proper ones(buried somewhere in threads).

8 hours ago, Kaa253 said:

With Contract Configurator installed the button to open the GUI disapears from both stock and Blizzy's toolbar. I presume it is the problem reported in this post. 

I'll update the wrapper and asset loader soon.

34 minutes ago, Rainbowd4sh said:

So uhh, I downloaded the 1.2 beta and when I opened up KSP, no new parts, but an IR tab. I went into the game data directory and discovered the 1.2 beta download has 0 parts. 

you can grab the basic parts here: https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/download/2.0.0/IR-LegacyParts.zip

or some advanced parts here http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/59359-wip-msis-infernal-robotics-model-rework-v02-pre-release-beta/&do=findComment&comment=2564645

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.