Harv's 'Long Overdue' Feature?

Akinesis

Things I'd like:

Clouds (which can be disabled for slow machines, and toggled in Map view)

Alarm Clock

Precise Node Editor (with the "o" hotkey to reopen collapsed nodes)

Hoses for Surface Refueling

Docking Camera (and mountable cameras for unmanned probes)

I doubt that it is life support, since HarvesteR already said more than once he was unwilling to put it on stock game.

Harv also stated on multiple occasions that other systems wouldn't be in the game, which are making an appearance in the next release(s), including procedural parts (fairings), science over time (the updated lab module), and a delta-v readout. I agree with you that life-support is unlikely, only because it would take a lot of work/balancing.

Other possibilities:

- Clouds (fingers crossed)

- Science over time space station modules, should be easy now that the science over time lab module is implemented

- Terrain scatter with collision boxes

- Command seats that can be manned in the VAB/SPH

- Proper parachutes

- Mapsat

Any/all of these would be fine Felipe, thanks ;)

Full support for Brotoro's suggestions.

EDIT: also, CITIES! I think HarvesteR did some work "off-camera", and is planning to finish them at release date, and they were already walked through during QA. So now, it's just some texture tweaking and final testing..maybe?

Because if someone working on the game says its a long over due feature and all they give us are clouds it will make Squad look like a joke for a dev team, "Heres your long over due feature i've been working on some crappy unity engine clouds for you to look at for a few minutes every time you launch!"

Like a joke to who? You? Not me. Clouds are currently not featured in the game. So if Squad implements them then they will be featured in the game. And go figure clouds happen to be long overdue.

"Look at for a few minutes" ... Now c'mon, you gonna sit there and tell me you don't spend anytime in LKO? Or in planes?

But regardless all I'm saying is you need to redefine your view of what a "feature" is.

Edited by Motokid600

I'm skeptic about clouds being added. If only because it seems like too obvious of a feature for HarvesteR to not elaborate on right away.

Assuming it's not clouds, I suppose I'll be hoping for proper parachutes myself.

Because if someone working on the game says its a long over due feature and all they give us are clouds it will make Squad look like a joke for a dev team, "Heres your long over due feature i've been working on some crappy unity engine clouds for you to look at for a few minutes every time you launch!"

Why would it make them look like a joke? It's Harv's own project thats only taken a couple of days to do.

Like a joke to who? You? Not me. Clouds are currently not featured in the game. So if Squad implements them then they will be featured in the game. And go figure clouds happen to be long overdue.

"Look at for a few minutes" ... Now c'mon, you gonna sit there and tell me you don't spend anytime in LKO?

But regardless all I'm saying is you need to redefine your view of what a "feature" is.

Clouds are not a in game feature they are an aesthetic you dont buy a game and on the box it says "in depth story, crafting system, Compete online with friends!", and the all important skybox Clouds!" if all Squad has to do is add clouds to please you they have the easiest job ever. They should add flowers at that point why stop at clouds? Hell adding collision mesh to the ground scatter would be more of a feature then clouds.

Edited by Gerandar

Clouds are not a in game feature they are an aesthetic you dont buy a game and on the box it says "in depth story, crafting system, Compete online with friends!", and the all important skybox Clouds!" if all Squad has to do is add clouds to please you they have the easiest job ever. They should add flowers at that point why stop at clouds?

Are you saying you wouldn't find it odd to look up in [popular title] and see nothing but a flat blue skybox? It's not a "feature" because it's expected.

- - - Updated - - -

Does the new aerodynamic model open the door to the possibility of storms? Clouds with a purpose!

Doubtful.

Clouds are not a in game feature they are an aesthetic you dont buy a game and on the box it says "in depth story, crafting system, Compete online with friends!", and the all important skybox Clouds!" if all Squad has to do is add clouds to please you they have the easiest job ever. They should add flowers at that point why stop at clouds?

Your not buying a retail, complete game here your buying a game that's being developed as we go and has features implemented again, as we go... The game doesn't have clouds. Therefore the game doesn't feature clouds. It's as simple as that.

"I’ve dedicated a couple of days here to implement a feature which I think has been missing for far too long from the game..."

A feature. Not a gameplay feature. Not a graphical feature. But A feature.

Edited by Motokid600

Are you saying you wouldn't find it odd to look up in [popular title] and see nothing but a flat blue skybox? It's not a "feature" because it's expected.
No, what he's saying is "Be grateful for what you have because Squad is an angry, fickle god."

- - - Updated - - -

Doubtful.

Yeah I wouldnt care if there was no clouds in battlefield or anyother game clouds dont effect the gameplay I dont interact with the clouds and frankly aesthetics will never be that important to me. give me a real gameplay feature not some white puffs in a skybox I dont care about.

With all of the open source code on them, i'd be surprised if any half-competent programmer couldn't knock something decent up in 2 days.

With all the proprietary licensed code that requires distributing your executable with a similar license that typically requires full distribution of source code... Making certain the license isn't modified or incompatible with your commercial ventures is easily a bigger pain than 2 days.

Of course, what I think is missing is always on DRM. It's a FEATURE! *Says EA/Blizzard*

Nah, who knows what the guy really thinks anyways. SQUAD really does like being secretive.

Does the new aerodynamic model open the door to the possibility of storms? Clouds with a purpose!

Oh, I like this. First, you have basic aerodynamics, then you add in viscosity variables, then you have evaporation cycles, and then you add in all the complex systems for weather simulation and get.

KSP 2.0, fly a rocket into the storm (eye) of Jool!

Can have a hurricane come over and destroy the space center, or have typhoons... XD.

Edited by Fel

Yeah I wouldnt care if there was no clouds in battlefield or anyother game clouds dont effect the gameplay I dont interact with the clouds and frankly aesthetics will never be that important to me. give me a real gameplay feature not some white puffs in a skybox I dont care about.

Considering how much effort AAA games put into texture and graphics... I think it's safe to say that most of the games industry disagrees with you.

Clouds are currently not featured in the game.

Welllllllllll, if you're in the VAB/SPH there are clouds in the background ;) (I'm with you on this one though).

Clouds are not a in game feature they are an aesthetic [snip]

Pedantry... if the "barn" is considered a feature, clouds are equally a feature. I'd much rather have clouds I can enjoy looking at and flying through on (almost) all planets than a barn I'll upgrade as soon as I get the chance...

Edited by Yakuzi