[0.14+] Atmospheric Engine V0.1

JellyCubes

My attempt at making a more realistic atmospheric engine using several fudge factors. Contains the plugin and an engine based on the General Electric GE90 turbofan engine.

The included engine will have the following attributes:

• [li]Fuel consumption decreases as altitude increases. At an altitude of 6,000 m, the fuel consumption will roughly be half of the listed value.[/li]
    [li]Fuel consumption increases as speed increases. At 200 m/s, the fuel consumption will be roughly 10% higher.[/li]
    [li]Thrust decreases as altitude increases.[/li]
    [li]Thrust increases slightly as speed increases. Technically this isn\'t realistic but is added for balance reasons.[/li]

NASA has an engine simulator here for those interested.

Plugin uses an edited version of r4mon\'s Variable Engine plugin. r4mon has released his code under GPL, so this plugin is also released under GPL.

Knowing that 0.15 is coming out in a week (max) and that there will be working atmospheric engines made my C7Studios?

But the model looks good, you could adapt it for the new Atmospheric Engine module once 0.15 comes out.

By the way, someone has to use this to create a 777 when 0.15 comes out!

SlSpS.jpg

I think Damnyoujapan has also modelled some airliner parts.

The problem with making something that exists in reality is that some parts won\'t be modular and can only be used in one model.

Made my TriStar parts 2m in size, was planning on making a few models in the same size so you could create different airplanes with the parts, might chop up the wings into sections aswell. Been sort of busy lately so I haven\'t got around to finishing it yet.

One thing. I compared your source code with the MuMech one, and it is almost exactly the same, there is nothing in MuMechLib that makes this plugin necessary for the engine to work, so why did you make it?

Also, you don\'t have your classes public, which is very bad coding style. (No offense taken, of course)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.