1.0 preview twitch fail...

K3RBAL KOL4

I'm sorry.. it has to be said. Thus far, 2:30am MST, the Twitch 1.0 stream has been a massive failure.. Even based on Kerbal standards where failure is part of the process..

I have never seen such unpreparedness for such an event. 1.8 Million total views and these guys seem like they didn't even know ... they were doing. All the hours these idiots claim to have on this game and yeah... even considering the newness.. and the "it was just thrown at me" excuse.. Poor job guys for real.

5 hours and the only rocket that left Kerbin had no chance of succeeding to dres.

Squad deserves better than these amateurs. God only knows how many hours of fail footage they dig through to get the 10 min videos that made them look competent.

Well, I didn't want to be the first one to say it out loud, but yes. From what I have seen most of the people playing on the stream were not very good at it, to say it in a nice way. I keep ragequitting the stream as they make very obvious and elementary mistakes all the time.

I've seen some good streams, and I've seen some bad streams. And yes, more bad than good, but failure is part of the game too, and seeing "well this used to work just fine" fail is, in my eyes, very educational and sets my expectations for 1.0 (as being a tremendous rediscovering journey again. Joy!)

What does annoy me though, is the tremendous lack in presentation skills. "Well this is KSP, what do you expect?" Well, it's KSP streaming so part of that is presenting. People just staring at their screen and not at the camera and only mumbling things like "let's raise the apoapsis" without really talking to the public... is not good. I'd rather would have enjoyed two one-hour videos that were well edited, scripted and presented than the current 48h marathon with a lot of... not so good video.

I'll add that on top of the incompetent playing and seemingly poor (or no) planning on what to say, I see an overabundance of wiggling the camera view around nervously while talking, or endless filler like, "ah, where'd my oxidizer go?! Oh my god. I can't believe I'm out of oxidizer. Seriously guys. What happened to my oxidizer? I'm out of oxidizer!" /turns off twitch. I can't stand it sometimes.

- - - Updated - - -

What does annoy me though, is the tremendous lack in presentation skills.

^^ Yeah, pretty much this.

I just want one person to sit down and say, "Hey. You know what a space plane is and everybody's shown you resource gathering. I'm going to spend the next 90 minutes systematically going through every single menu option and showing you what has changed.

I just want one person to sit down and say, "Hey. You know what a space plane is and everybody's shown you resource gathering. I'm going to spend the next 90 minutes systematically going through every single menu option and showing you what has changed.

Hopefully Scott Manley does that, he seems pretty professional (with a twist of humor) at it.

Same level of disappointment here also. I would have expected a bit more scripting and focus - perhaps having each streamer feature some element of the changes.

I also understand that coordinating all these streaming events is not all that simple and it takes patience and dedication - so I do appreciate that.

However, I think Squad would be well served if in the future they set some level of "presentation standards" which the participating streamers should adhere to. Hopefully something like that would help to improve the quality and watchability of the streams. This is advertising - It needs to be more polished.

You don't need twitch for that, but a well edited youtube video. ;)

Are you guys out of your mind?

Those are just normal people that took their time to show you a game that now reached a full release. Unpaid... on their own expenses.

And you guys are demanding 100% successfull spaceprograms when the content of KSP has changed by a massive amount.

Think about how you judge about other people.

It seems to me that you are just utterly spoiled.

Edit: KSP is about experimenting and failing, if you have forgotten.

Edited by MalfunctionM1Ke

I think one big problem that I noticed is I heard one of the streamers mention he'd had access to experimentals for some time, but hadn't played any of it. Now this I understand, he's gotta keep up his streams on the beta version so doesn't have time to play something he can't talk about.

But that means the people who're already set up and knowledgable about streaming, aren't knowledgable about 1.0, and for good reason.

They should have taken a couple streamers, and asked or since it's advertising paid, them to stop doing their normal stream for say a week, or just a few days and go offline and train themselves on 1.0, don't touch .90 the entire time, and get an idea of what they're going to present make notes.

My take is that some of the streamers don't like the game as much as I do, or maybe just not in the same way. I read the dev notes every week and pay attention to the Squadcast recaps. I didn't get the impression that most of the streamers had that level of dedication.

Those are just normal people that took their time to show you a game that now reached a full release. Unpaid... on their own expenses.

And you guys are demanding 100% successfull spaceprograms when the content of KSP has changed by a massive amount.

I don't think anyone meant that kind of failing.

People just want to see more of the new features. Some streamers did better job than others, and I'm sure that Manley will be fairly throughout with his stream.

Either way, we shouldn't be too entitled.

KSP is about experimenting and failing, if you have forgotten.

I don't know. My space program is pretty successful.

Let's not forget, this is a 48 hour advertisement for KSP going 1.0. You would expect some sort of professionalism. It's kind of a big deal.

The only judging going on from my point of view relates to the relatively low "Standards" that seem to apply to these streams. Like I mentioned earlier, this is advertising. It really needs to be a bit more polished.

I completely agree with you that these folks are providing a service and likely are not being paid at all by Squad. They are going the best they can and full credit and a sincere thank you to them all. HOWEVER, what I think we are pointing at is more of an administrative and management issue surrounding how the streams are selected, what they focus on, and what appears to be a complete lack of common presentation standards and probably a woeful lack of pre-stream 1.0 play-time granted to the streamers - all of which could have been better addressed by Squad.

I think the streamers are doing the best they can under the circumstances.

I don't think anyone meant that kind of failing.

People just want to see more of the new features. Some streamers did better job than others, and I'm sure that Manley will be fairly throughout with his stream.

Either way, we shouldn't be too entitled.

Okay,... but i dont see any fail in the stream. People are showing off a game that isnt released yet and some people expect that every Streamer is a Manley-like allthough Scott claims to be "just a random dude" himself and his streams are not much different than what I see on KSPTV right now.

In my oppinion people are spoiled from his flawless Youtube-Videos and demanding this level from everyone.

I don't know. My space program is pretty successful.

Let's not forget, this is a 48 hour advertisement for KSP going 1.0. You would expect some sort of professionalism. It's kind of a big deal.

I dont think so graham.

The devs are very close to the community and they want to give those guys that stream the game for fun an opportunity to participate in the pre-release shows.

If you want professionalism, i have a great example. You should have seen the pre-release show of Simcity years ago. Everything was just great and the game was utter crap when it released.

Edited by MalfunctionM1Ke

As much as I want to disagree with the OP I can not. Many of the streamers so far lack even the most basic understanding of the game and have shown utter incompetence. But the worst thing is; I don't blame them. I blame SQUAD for their lack of judgement.

SQUAD should have known better than to set a kid on a sugar rush loose in a candy store. At least the first few hours should have been manned by more level headed streamers like Nitch, Scott Manley or Tanuki Chau. Yes, they too would have been hyped if it would have been their first ever look at 1.0 but they would have kept their cool.

People often say you never get a second chance to make a first impression. Too bad SQUAD dropped the ball this time.

And now Mechrior is attempting to see if infinigliding actually still works XD, but even if it doesn't, hey, this thing he's makinhg will explode in a fun way.

Edit: Yep, tore itself apart.

Edited by smjjames

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.