Squad You out did yourself

LadyAthena

Amazing job on this 1.0 release.

So many people were worried about it, but after watching a few of the streams. The massive list of new features, and the MANY features NOT listed or shown before, in detail. Such as the new aerodynamics not only adding that, but also affecting things such as the way drag, lift, etc. work on parts and how they relate. Now Space planes will have to enter slower and more inline since the drag and lift can tear it apart realistically.

Or the fact that parts now retain their heat and slowly spread the heat out to other parts and lose the heat more realistically.

I love it all. I can't wait for tomorrow x.x.... The sheer amount of new content is staggering.. I'll have to re learn KSP all over again.

some of the things Das has been showing in his stream are amazing. So much info available via the debug menu; like the heat map mode that shows how hot different parts of the craft are and my fav: the vectors showing lift and drag on an in-flight craft. very nice features, can't wait to try it!

I've been building what I've been calling the "family spacecraft", because I was planning to have some fun renaming Kerbals and doing fun things. After watching the video streams, I can't wait to watch flaming chunks of metal rain down on KSC! :D Seriously though, the number of new features and amount of little details you've put into each one completely blew me away. This was already the best game I've ever played. Now it's even better than I could have imagined. Thank you for all of the time and effort you put into this.

It's hard to wait, but, according to the reddit AMA, Squad noticed additional problems in one or another video streams, and we'll get last minute bugfixe(s) because of this. That's not to say we won't find things to complain about, but, letting the streamers be early public adopters has served a good purpose.

Totally agree. Looking very much forward to the 'finished' version (until the developments continue, LOL)...I joined this community in November '14, not long before .90 came out, and I have found it to be the most fun, deepest, ticking-every-box-in-my-space-geek-mind game EVER. I was born near the end of the Mercury program, so space has been a part of my life...and I am quite sure that some kids playing KSP right now WILL walk on Mars. It's a beautiful thing. Cheers to all of my fellow Kerbonauts of all ages! :)

..... and the MANY features NOT listed or shown before.....

Yes!! Chutes that take more than one render frame to open, drag chutes that stay open after landing a plane, exhaust smoke being deflected by the ground, heat transfer for parts, ....

At this point, I see one thing where Squad has messed up badly: they should've told us to get drool-resistant keyboards in advance before the 1.0 streams started.

I'm looking forward to see the creative exploits. For example, I bet that rotating scanner thingy will be turned into an electric motor just minutes after release.

I saw a few of the Streams and personally can't wait for this download to queue up on steam. Too bad it's just in time for THEM to charge us for mods... fingers crossed.

I highly doubt Squad will get into that debacle of a mess.

Amazing job on this 1.0 release.

So many people were worried about it, but after watching a few of the streams. The massive list of new features, and the MANY features NOT listed or shown before, in detail. Such as the new aerodynamics not only adding that, but also affecting things such as the way drag, lift, etc. work on parts and how they relate. Now Space planes will have to enter slower and more inline since the drag and lift can tear it apart realistically.

Or the fact that parts now retain their heat and slowly spread the heat out to other parts and lose the heat more realistically.

I love it all. I can't wait for tomorrow x.x.... The sheer amount of new content is staggering.. I'll have to re learn KSP all over again.

Dont stay awake just because of the update is about to happen.

I understand the hype but there is enough time to play it tomorrow :)

- - - Updated - - -

I saw a few of the Streams and personally can't wait for this download to queue up on steam. Too bad it's just in time for THEM to charge us for mods... fingers crossed.

Leet me leave this here

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/33ys4s/we_are_the_team_behind_kerbal_space_program/cqpmgwq

At this point, I see one thing where Squad has messed up badly: they should've told us to get drool-resistant keyboards in advance before the 1.0 streams started.

I'm sorry, but I've had my drool resistant keyboard since the great failure of 2013 when I first discovered KSP.