[1.12.x] USI Life Support

RoverDude

Yes, but that's a stock bug, not related to this mod, not much I can do with it.

Kerbals dont use life support on eva.

I understand that its like this in order to prevent un-controllable kerbal that run of supplies from drifting into space. Taking him back inside woudl be very hard.

How about draining life support resources from nearest ship? Right now, if resources run low player can take all kerbals on eva and wait few month for right phase angle without using his life support :)

So even on eva kerbals woudl use nearest resources avaible and even when these are depleted, just arraving with rescue ship (with supplies on board) woudl be enough to "bring back to life" stranded kerbal and allow him to crawl back to pod.

I am actually... believe it or not... kinda ok with it. Because it still prevents mission fulfillment. And if you take that EVA Kerbal and try to have them, after months, re-enter a pod they will promptly ransack it. So it's a hard one to cheat on ;)

. And if you take that EVA Kerbal and try to have them, after months, re-enter a pod they will promptly ransack it. So it's a hard one to cheat on ;)

Oh, i didnt knew that.

Thats nice solution too :)

I may have totally misunderstood how the little greenhouses work.

If there were a long range ship that had both tiny radial greenhouses, and a Kerbitat/Aeroponics with inflatables, would the ships endurance be reduced by the 1-> 0.5 greenhouses?

If there were a long range ship that had both tiny radial greenhouses, and a Kerbitat/Aeroponics with inflatables, would the ships endurance be reduced by the 1-> 0.5 greenhouses?

Would probobly depend on the efficiencies your getting out of the MKS/OKS modules. Staffed properly I think those are designed to run pretty close to self sufficiency, in which case you'd be running at a loss with the greenhouse sorta like you do with the MKS Pioneer module's converter. They are designed for early game LS extension rather than late game sufficiency.

That is correct.

My thoughts/understanding is that the radial greenhouses are not really designed to work in conjunction with MKS/OKS. Rover is generally pretty good about making his mods work together but still work standalone. I envision the radial greenhouses to be used by someone using this LS mod but not MKS, or if they are using MKS they would use them on a non MKS ship.

My thoughts/understanding is that the radial greenhouses are not really designed to work in conjunction with MKS/OKS. Rover is generally pretty good about making his mods work together but still work standalone. I envision the radial greenhouses to be used by someone using this LS mod but not MKS, or if they are using MKS they would use them on a non MKS ship.

It's more that the greenhouses are there for some inefficient recycling until you get something better.

Did anyone ever encounter the greenhouses - when packed close - would shake themselves apart?

http://imgur.com/a/nf6DG

But I think my installation is kerbed up anyway - strange things keep happening. :(

Colliders. Don't do that.

It's just a low efficiency part - comparable to a pioneer module in MKS. Which you promptly dump once you have a better way of doing things. But for this as a stand alone mod, it's the capstone.

Hi RoverDude! Thanks for yet another quality mod; I am very excited by your mods in general -- UKS brought me back to the Kerbal fold -- and I'm happy to have a nice middleground between Snacks and USI-LS.

Problem: I've installed the 0.1.2 alpha release with KSP 1.0.2, and things aren't working. I can add supplies parts to my craft, but supplies are never consumed and the status window is blank when I pop it up. Do you have an idea what might be wrong?

I'm a developer too, albeit completely divorced from the .NET world, but feel free to unleash some debugging tasks on me if no answer comes to hand right away.

Edited by Xeger

Hi RoverDude! Thanks for yet another quality mod; I am very excited by your mods in general -- UKS brought me back to the Kerbal fold -- and I'm happy to have a nice middleground between Snacks and USI-LS.

Problem: I've installed the 0.1.0 alpha release with KSP 1.0.2, and things aren't working. I can add supplies parts to my craft, but supplies are never consumed and the status window is blank when I pop it up. Do you have an idea what might be wrong?

I'm a developer too, albeit completely divorced from the .NET world, but feel free to unleash some debugging tasks on me if no answer comes to hand right away.

Not sure if its a typo but the current version is 0.1.2

Also, buried in this thread is the fact that kerbal's don't consume supplies below 50km on kerbin. (I think its 50km at least. Something around that).

I do have 0.1.2 (edited post; thanks) and my kerbals are going food-free even in a 120km orbit. Because of the empty status window, I'm inclined to think the issue is integration-related.

I have _only_ USI-LS and MechJeb installed; haven't installed UKS just yet, if that makes a difference. I saw similar behavior when UKS/FireSpitter/etc were installed.

I do have 0.1.2 (edited post; thanks) and my kerbals are going food-free even in a 120km orbit. Because of the empty status window, I'm inclined to think the issue is integration-related.

I have _only_ USI-LS and MechJeb installed; haven't installed UKS just yet, if that makes a difference. I saw similar behavior when UKS/FireSpitter/etc were installed.

Ahhhh, install Module Manager.

Colliders. Don't do that.

The strange thing - as always - everything was alright during launch and all ...

Yesterday I wanted to bring up the other modules, to save docking ports/parts I planned on using the claw - what happened: see pictures above.

I quickloaded and even with the claw-ship far away the parts were shaking lightly, but even under physics warp they did not explode - maybe I did not notice during launch ...

The strange thing - as always - everything was alright during launch and all ...

Yesterday I wanted to bring up the other modules, to save docking ports/parts I planned on using the claw - what happened: see pictures above.

I quickloaded and even with the claw-ship far away the parts were shaking lightly, but even under physics warp they did not explode - maybe I did not notice during launch ...

Klaws also do some strange things. Destroy worlds, you know, small things.

As noted, module manager.

If your parts are wiggling it's colliders. And looking at the placement, that seems very likely as they use box colliders. Don't do that.

And what if I have an space station in strike for a year because no supplies, I dock with my space shuttle, it counts like one ship, would my well feeded kerbals in the shuttle suddently go strike?

And what if I have an space station in strike for a year because no supplies, I dock with my space shuttle, it counts like one ship, would my well feeded kerbals in the shuttle suddently go strike?

The crew of the station would raid the shuttle for supplies ... but wait, that is not what you are asking ... basically it comes down to this: Is even one unit of supplies enough to stop a strike and reset the countdown before the next strike starts?

The crew of the station would raid the shuttle for supplies ... but wait, that is not what you are asking ... basically it comes down to this: Is even one unit of supplies enough to stop a strike and reset the countdown before the next strike starts?

Fair enough, but what if the station is empty? The life support count down still runs.

I did a test, I docked 3 kerbals into an empty space station with -76 supplies. Kerbals are know under that timer, but they can work, etc.

http://a.pomf.se/abrcan.jpg