Windows 64 bit community workaround

WWEdeadman

Hi!

I try to ask again being a bit more precise :)

So, I'm triying this procedure with KSP 1.0.4 but:

- First I'm getting quite a lot of messages in red (I can click on close), see here: https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...18885166_o.jpg Here should be a bit more readable: https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...04312849_o.jpg

- The loading page is missing the progress bar, and it never load the game (I haven't loaded succesfully yet)

- I can see the funny messages changing (adding K to all world, Reaching a safe distance...etc) but... it goes like this... forever.

- I've tried even with no mods at all and the loading of the game seems to remain infinitely slow.

- There are no log files, since I'm not getting any error or crash. Just the game remains in "loading screen" but (I repeat) with no progress bar at all, only the funny kerbal phrases.

My PC specs are the following:

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @3.40GHz (64-bit x64-based processor)

RAM: 8.00 GB RAM

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670

Thanks.

Hi!

I try to ask again being a bit more precise :)

So, I'm triying this procedure with KSP 1.0.4 but:

- First I'm getting quite a lot of messages in red (I can click on close), see here: https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...18885166_o.jpg Here should be a bit more readable: https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...04312849_o.jpg

- The loading page is missing the progress bar, and it never load the game (I haven't loaded succesfully yet)

- I can see the funny messages changing (adding K to all world, Reaching a safe distance...etc) but... it goes like this... forever.

- I've tried even with no mods at all and the loading of the game seems to remain infinitely slow.

- There are no log files, since I'm not getting any error or crash. Just the game remains in "loading screen" but (I repeat) with no progress bar at all, only the funny kerbal phrases.

My PC specs are the following:

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @3.40GHz (64-bit x64-based processor)

RAM: 8.00 GB RAM

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670

Thanks.

A log will be always created when KSP runs. It is in KSP_Data > output_log.

Hello there,

I tried your workaround which work really fine. Thank you!

I'm just sad I had to let go of the Community Tech Tree as it make a little bug when you recover a flight : your spaceport look fully upgraded even if it isn't... I checked by testing Techtree alone on both x32 and x64, the bug only appear on x64 :)

Anyway it's great to being able to play without looking at your memory usage all the time... Finally... I can enjoy USI + KW Rocketry + Near Future + Interstellar all at once with my alarm, TAC LS and other tools. Just I must avoid the techtree :) Except if you know a workaround.

Kind regards.

Just I must avoid the techtree :) Except if you know a workaround.

It may take a few tries, but change scenes until it 'downgrades' into the appropriate buildings. You can still use the buildings while they're "fully upgraded" but they cannot be upgraded until you bruteforce the bug to go away for a bit. It's only mildly annoying when you need to upgrade.

It may take a few tries, but change scenes until it 'downgrades' into the appropriate buildings. You can still use the buildings while they're "fully upgraded" but they cannot be upgraded until you bruteforce the bug to go away for a bit. It's only mildly annoying when you need to upgrade.

Thank you, maybe have you some suggestion of nice add-ons that's work nicely in x64 and I could use, even with unfixer if needed ;) I really like endgame with USI and Interstellar, maybe some good lifters, some fun other things to go with?

I like sometime to play with RemoteTech but sometime it's annoying to start over again to set up a satellite network with a new save...

Edited by FrancoisH

Hey guys, been reading through this thread, i wanna pile more more mods on,

I tried this workaround but when i download unity i dont have the specific folder path "win64_nondevelopment" to get the win_player.exe and the mono hence i end up with the error. the closest i have is windowsnondevelopment and windowsdevelopment.

Can anyone help me out here as im losing my mind with trying to get linux ubuntu to work right!!

Hey guys, been reading through this thread, i wanna pile more more mods on,

I tried this workaround but when i download unity i dont have the specific folder path "win64_nondevelopment" to get the win_player.exe and the mono hence i end up with the error. the closest i have is windowsnondevelopment and windowsdevelopment.

Can anyone help me out here as im losing my mind with trying to get linux ubuntu to work right!!

What Unity did you download?

For anyone wanting to use this 64 bit community workaround in career mode, but who are unable to workaround the facility upgrade bug there is a workaround: Custom Barn Kit

It basically allows you to set the facility values so that you can bypass the upgrade system and start with level 1 facilities that have level 3 attributes, like pre 0.90 career mode.

It's not perfect by any stretch, and I personally like the career 'grind', as some call it, but at least career isn't broken.

It's worth noting that I wasn't having any problems I couldn't solve from within the game until I got all excited and forgot to install mods one at a time and check for this sort of thing..... But with 1.1 supposedly on Win64bit around the corner, I'm not sure I'll bother going through all the hassle of checking which one of the 80+ mods I have currently installed.....

Has anyone else had any trouble with the workaround causing Kerbals to become sentient? ...and evil? Just trying to narrow down which mod might be causing this.

i have this issue.. looks stock..

EDIT : i know why! -force-opengl makes kerbals like that... DONT USE force opengl

Edited by Joshwoo69
removed "ads"

hey, it works, but, for some reason, additional tabs showing up in the editors are not showing up. so with IR robotics, the IR robotics tab isnt showing up.

edit: fixed that, using the unfixer, go figure, but now i have a problem: whenever i place a wing, and im using far, there is arithmetic exceptions in the error log, and an argument out o range exception: paramater name; index.

Edited by 123nick

hey, it works, but, for some reason, additional tabs showing up in the editors are not showing up. so with IR robotics, the IR robotics tab isnt showing up.

edit: fixed that, using the unfixer, go figure, but now i have a problem: whenever i place a wing, and im using far, there is arithmetic exceptions in the error log, and an argument out o range exception: paramater name; index.

FAR is disabled on Win x64 builds

FAR is disabled on Win x64 builds

using the win x64 unfixer, it makes far sorta work. mostly. except for the things in the error log, and along with that, the center of lift thing doesent show up. however, when i loaded a previously built far airplane, it flew just fine, with elevons and control surfaces working just fine. even worked with KAS too, but i doubt that has to do with anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Tried to give the 64 bit version a go due to a couple of bugs arising in my 32 bit saves. I followed the instructions given which was:

- Download Unity 4.6.4

- Install and follow path "Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/windowsstandalonesupport/Variations/win64_nondevelopment", copy the "player_win.exe" to the KSP folder, and rename it "KSP.exe". I named the old file KSP.x32 and the new replacement KSP (And no it isn't named KSP.exe.exe! lol, It just appears as KSP)

- I then followed the path "Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/windowsstandalonesupport/Variations/win64_nondevelopment/Data/Mono" and copied the "mono.dll" into my KSP folder under "KSP_Data/Mono". I deleted the old mono.dll.

- I double click on the new KSP.exe and the game boots up normally, however i'm assuming it is still the 32 bit version because there is no indication of it running in 64 bit mode in the bottom right corner.

I have re-traced what I did and re-read the instructions but to no 64 bit avail. I feel as if I am missing something or most likely not followed the instructions carefully enough? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

I have re-traced what I did and re-read the instructions but to no 64 bit avail. I feel as if I am missing something or most likely not followed the instructions carefully enough? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

Well, what you did looks right. Do you have Module Manager installed? As long as it's the unfixed version, you should have nyan cat scrolling along the bottom of your loading bar. That lets you know you're running 64-bit KSP.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.