Solar panels won't retract

I had a "blast" yesterday messing round with 1.0, but I noticed that (at least the 1x6) solar panels won't retract from action groups (either on 'toggle' or 'retract') is anyone else experiencing this?

Edited by KerBlammo

Perhpas this finally ties into them saying the shielded ones were "recoverable", since you can no longer retract the un-shielded ones, good luck surviving an atmosphere on reentry, they'll break off.

I've a related issue.

I'm using the shielded panels, and when I go to deploy them, be it by way of action group or manually, some of them will complain "cannot deploy while stowed"... and yet, they aren't stowed. Yes I have a storage bay, but they're not in/on/connected to said storage bay. I will attach 4 of the 1X6 shielded panels, two will deploy by action group, the other two will not. I have to open the storage bay (again, not even connected to it) for the other two to act properly.

It's making me think perhaps I just shouldn't use the storage bays at all.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know, is there a mod or way to temporarily regain the ability to retract/extend unshielded solar panels again? With action groups or by right-clicking?

I'm making a video right now, and while I'm all for this change, right now the looks are what is important to me. I'll take the mod off once the video is complete, and slap a 0.90 sticker on it instead.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Does anyone know, is there a mod or way to temporarily regain the ability to retract/extend unshielded solar panels again? With action groups or by right-clicking?

I'm making a video right now, and while I'm all for this change, right now the looks are what is important to me. I'll take the mod off once the video is complete, and slap a 0.90 sticker on it instead.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

The solar panels are in the Kerbal Historical Institute mod (see my signature), along with many old stock parts which were replaced. Or you could do it by changing a single line in the relevant config files. There's almost certainly a ModuleManager patch for them floating around somewhere.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.